Would you be disappointed if GTA V didn't beat SA?

GTAknowledge

Can you really have a 1000 people running around San Andreas on one server in SA:MP? That's ludicrous. No wonder that they won the MODDB mod of the year award.

GroveStRoamer

Who cares about planes, they suck!! I just want to be able to buy homes again and car customization.

G1T

Car customization.

+1

I want this so much.

9H7Sj34.jpg

black people
Can you really have a 1000 people running around San Andreas on one server in SA:MP? That's ludicrous. No wonder that they won the MODDB mod of the year award.

yep. one particular server called NGRP (Next Generation Role Play) had 1000 slots for a few days, but the max they would reach on a daily basis was only about 600-700, so they lowered the maximum down to 700. still pretty wild compared to its GTA:IV counterpart.

Personally I'm thought Gta 4 was much better than San Andreas.

Me too. I don't get all the IV hate. The game was awesome.

Vice City was better than SA imo also.

Multi Theft Auto had +1024 players on one server. I think it was like 1200 or something. They wanted 1337 but didn't reach it. orly.gif

Yes, I would. IV was a great game, but it was a little too bare-bones, which is understandable -- I like to compare it to III, as they both were pretty much experimenting new technology/ideas. If they only do minor tweaking and pretty much just put IV on a different map, I'll very disappointed.

AtomicPunk

there will be a lot of people mad if R* doesn't do better than what they did with IV. Expectations are high and R* does not want to disappoint this time or it could be the end.

Personally, i think GTA V is going to be the best GTA to date.

However if it didn't beat GTA San Andreas, i will play GTA San Andreas then.....after finishing GTA V

yep. one particular server called NGRP (Next Generation Role Play) had 1000 slots for a few days, but the max they would reach on a daily basis was only about 600-700, so they lowered the maximum down to 700. still pretty wild compared to its GTA:IV counterpart.

That should be our bold new direction. cryani.gif please cryani.gif

black people

That should be our bold new direction. cryani.gif please cryani.gif

due to the massiveness San Andreas' map, you only really see like 20-30 people at a time, even when the server's got a full load of 700 people.

I have high expectations for V, so I'd like it to happen. If it doesn't, no problem, I still play San Andreas anyway.

Wu Kenny Lee

/snip/

On the other hand, here is a snapsot of the SA:MP console right now, there are many servers with up to 1000 people each.

/snip/

The detail of San Andreas is immense, it enables you to build countless game-modes and maintains a level of entertainment to which I can't even compare my experience with GTAIV.

/snip/

SA:MP is basically GTA San Andreas barebone. Without all that fun RPG elements, without the missions, without random events, even without working AI.

It is basically just an engine to make custom designed multiplayer games, and some of these barely resemble GTA San Andreas at all, like Deathmatch server who mostly use custom maps, or Roleplay server which, most of the time, disallow you kill other people or jack their cars(which is basically the point of the Grand Theft Auto series).

It is not the game it was based on that makes SA:MP great, it is the userbase of it that keeps advancing it by creating servers with new, fun ideas.

Edited by Wu Kenny Lee

asitsaysinthebook

IMO nothing can beat SA but that's because SA defined my childhood in so many ways that I almost identify by it, without being anything near born in a ghetto or going fra rags to riches.

But I will be disappointed if it's not any better than IV.

RockstarRocksLOL

Of course I will, actually the objective of GTA V is beating S.A.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.