Reviews for GTA V

Shampson360

Shampson360

GTA IV got basically all tens because it was a master piece. Do you think critics will be nice on gta v when it comes out?

Gtaghost22

It will probably get another tens because it will be even better than GTA IV

Personally I couldn't give a f about reviews, why would I want to know someones opinion who I have never met before? makes no sense.

The only review I listen to is my own.

GTA IV got 10 of 10 points. So they'll gave 19 of 10 points for GTA V. sigh.gif

Am i the only one who doesnt understand this?

Great Scott! We have to go back, Marty!

We don't have a game to judge yet so a better question might be what standards will GTA V be judged by? This is why Rockstar stages very controlled previews for media. If Rockstar can influence reviewers to notice the features Rockstar cares about, the reviewer may judge the game by how well it does what Rockstar says it should do. That may be different than what the reviewer might have thought of it otherwise.

GTA IV got 10 of 10 points. So they'll gave 19 of 10 points for GTA V. sigh.gif

Am i the only one who doesnt understand this?

Gaming magazines/websites assess games. GTA IV has mostly 10 of 10 points. GTA V will have 19/10 points. I know that's not possible. I just want to say that GTA V will be better than GTA IV. wink.gif

MiamiVice1984
user posted image Edited by MiamiVice1984

honestly? it's not even out yet.

i guess it will get no less than a 9/10.

exciting /sarcasm.

So we're guessing what it's gonna get out of ten before we've had any real info par from a trailer + a statement. This forum is going downhill

Capricornus
Personally I couldn't give a f about reviews, why would I want to know someones opinion who I have never met before? makes no sense.

The only review I listen to is my own.

I agree with this, tenfold.

caprisig.jpg

Lol, imagine Zee is trying to pay huge money to give GTA V a 0 out of 10 points!

G1T

Of course it's going to get mostly 10/10. DO you think Rockstar could f*ck up a GTA game?

Spider-Vice

Since GTA V is the second GTA in the RAGE era, I think it's no longer such an innovation. I'll say 8-9/10, even though some criteria can reach 10/10.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Celticfang

Being cynical I'd say realistically it should get an 8-9/10

But some sites will take money to give it a 10, call it a perfect game, the best game ever, a must play (like they did with IV's PC port tyvm....hello Gamespot and the fallout over K&L2)

I'd rather play the game myself to find out how good it is and not trust a review from a big company

Hydro_PlayboyX

dunno, they set the bar really high with IV which got all tens, but R* is capable of creating masterpieces so 9.5/10 minimum

black people

10/10.

if GTA:IV could do it, then i see no reason why this game can't (unless it somehow ends up having even less content than GTA:IV).

What is the point of asking this?

The mods seem not to really care about what sh*t some people spit out.

killerbee25

Iti s still kinda soon to tell, but for me, it will be a certain 20...

out of 10 lol.

interpolfan11

10/10

People always forget that Madden and COD get 8's and even 9's very frequently, so GTA is a virtual shoo-in to receive a 10.

mejiadanny208
Lol, imagine Zee is trying to pay huge money to give GTA V a 0 out of 10 points!

Who's zee???

GameRankings

PS3: 97.01%

X360: 96.17%

Metacritic

PS3: 99/100

X360: 98/100

GameStats

PS3: 9.8/10

X360: 9.6/10

These are the scores for GTA IV. There is no way GTA V can beat that. GTA IV received universal acclaim because nobody had seen anything like it before - from the graphics, detail, physics and so on. GTA V won't have the "wow factor" simply because it's not bringing anything new to the table, apart from a few improvements here and there. It will probably achieve 95+ on Metacrtitc, but there is no chance in hell it will get 99 like GTA IV. We will have to wait for the next generation GTA to see similar scores again.

Having said that, GTA V will probably be a better game than GTA IV.

Thanks to movie critics, I couldn't care less about reviews. Let me explain:

Titanic ----> 4 stars

Most good horror/comedies I love ------> 1-2 stars

Another example is the PS2 game 'The Matrix: Path of Neo'. It got mediocre reviews, yet it is my favourite PS2 game of all time, probaly tied with SA.

To the actual question (lol), I think GTAV will score a 10/10 on most sites, while others will give it 9.5/10 because they either

A.) Want to let their viewers know that their ratings are serious and they do not give everything a perfect score

B.) GTAIV already made a bold step with physics and graphics that it was so mind-blowing, that most sites will be expecting an even bigger, bodler change in order to give it a 10/10 again.

Edited by gionascm2