Why do rampages never end successfully?

PastPerspective

PastPerspective

One thing I've noticed when watching the news is that people who go on killing sprees, e.g. in schools, or even in public; fail to ever kill a large amount of people. If I was going postal, I'd ensure to aim for the head, shoot individual people instead of into crowds (injuring many, but not actually killing a large amount), ensure I was in a relatively enclosed space so people couldn't escape yet not actually being surrounded myself, and I'd also make sure that I used ALL ammo (apart from one or two bullets) instead of wasting an existing clip which could be valuable in regards to taking more lives.

Opinions?

People who go on rampages tend to not be in the state of mind to execute it that carefully, personally I am thankful rampages never work.

9H7Sj34.jpg

It's not about kill count. It's about style, silly.

user posted image

jMNM8n3.gif

I'd say the shooting spree in Oslo by that right wing maniac was pretty successful, he didn't die and killed dozens of people solo. Also the campus shooting at VT back in 07 was fairly successful as well if we're defining "success" as injuring or killing as many people as you can.

Triple Penetration
I once killed 8 men with my bare hands.

I once killed 9 women with my bare penis.

user posted image

Slowing amassing a count > Shooting up a mall

All the best players know this.

kzgN7qp.png

So you just played cod?

L71cGcK.png

bluesboyjr

One thing I've noticed when watching the news is that people who go on killing sprees, e.g. in schools, or even in public; fail to ever kill a large amount of people. If I was going postal, I'd ensure to aim for the head, shoot individual people instead of into crowds (injuring many, but not actually killing a large amount), ensure I was in a relatively enclosed space so people couldn't escape yet not actually being surrounded myself, and I'd also make sure that I used ALL ammo (apart from one or two bullets) instead of wasting an existing clip which could be valuable in regards to taking more lives.

Opinions?

Well, if you think you know how to do it so well, why don't you do it? Honestly, it's like you can't even go on a simple mass killing spree these days without someone criticising your technique.

Believe it or not, killing people isn't as easy as it looks in CoD and GTA. The people all run and hide, there's no auto-aim, and it's quite exhausting work. Plus, only the most psychotic of psychos (like that Norwegian guy) actually plan out their attacks in detail - most spree killers are people who have just snapped, picked up a gun and decided to start shooting random people.

lil weasel

Gosh, Golly, don't you realize that all these mass shootings are black flag operations by the Governments to get the stupid public upset enough that they will want to get the guns banned world wide smile.gif

Of course sometimes it backfires (Ruby Ridge/Waco) so it has to be made to look like ordinary people are doing it.

sivispacem

There are some f*cking weird topics (or more accurately weird posters) on here today.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

There are some f*cking weird topics (or more accurately weird posters) on here today.

It's just that edgy time of the year.

People who go on rampages generally just flip and start shooting people. People who carefully plan on killing lots of people, usually find a better means than a gun. That's why Timothy McVeigh used high explosives, and why that dude in Japan used a van.

Meanwhile back in the realm of sane people... Keep these thoughts to yourself or a licensed therapist bud. Seriously.

Edit...

Oh, and yeah... Columbine? There were explosives that were supposed to blow up in the cafeteria, could have killed hundreds. Turns out two dickheaded mental teenagers with an internet connection aren't good at making bombs though.

QUOTE (K^2) ...not only is it legal for you to go around with a concealed penis, it requires absolutely no registration!

They don't end successfully for one very good reason. The people involved in them are f*ck ups. And that's not me being flippant, I mean it. Spree killers are the result of what happens when mediocre intelligence collides with a giant ego.

These people are failiures, often unpopular and lacking in even the most basic social graces. Therefore their plots and schemes are full of the same holes you would expect when they emerge from a pathetic, inferior mind.

They fail because they are unintelligent, because they target healthy, active people in schools and shopping centres. Same logic for terrorists really. They want to create fear and yet they are thoroughly amusing people, attacking obvious targets, killing in mundane ways, unable to justify their actions with anything save for rambling monologues and emotional bile.

No craft, no sense of scale, no concept of how to really frighten people. How sad.

How, exactly, would one consider a rampage successful? Everyone dies? Rampager gets away in the end?

The fact is that when people are so broken that they consider murder as a viable option, there are no successes left for them. Success then becomes dying spectacularly.

Everyone knows Tommy Vercetti executed the best rampages ever.

Well there is 9/11, and that killed about 3,000 people.

Seriously, It's a paradox to have a "successful" rampage.Unless you're playing GTA3

user posted image

God I know right, I mean how come don't psychos ever, you know, wipe out an entire village or something? It's like they have no ambition or drive. If I personally ever went on a rampage I'd feel really dissapointed if I didn't maim at least 30 innocents.

And something I've always wondered is why don't people ever go on a killing spree in an old folks home. It would literally be like shooting fish in a barrel, you wouldn't even need to waste ammo on half of them you could just say "BOO!" or unplug their life support. You wouldn't need to worry about them fleeing, and you could just take it easy and have a break if you were getting tired.

aStiffSausage
God I know right, I mean how come don't psychos ever, you know, wipe out an entire village or something? It's like they have no ambition or drive. If I personally ever went on a rampage I'd feel really dissapointed if I didn't maim at least 30 innocents.

And something I've always wondered is why don't people ever go on a killing spree in an old folks home. It would literally be like shooting fish in a barrel, you wouldn't even need to waste ammo on half of them you could just say "BOO!" or unplug their life support. You wouldn't need to worry about them fleeing, and you could just take it easy and have a break if you were getting tired.

Because that would be plain pathetic, like giving Asian guy a math-quiz and asking an American where Europe is located and see which one is faster; there just isn't any challenge in it, and elder people might already be close to their death already.

Small, agile and fast car with sub-machine gun, preferably silenced, in a city area. Hard to catch, fast escape, lots of people who are non-aware of the situtation.

And succesful rampage? How you define it? I guess you mean the psycho-succesful? Like other's have said, maniac's just snap and grab a gun instead of getting serious help. Too late to help at that point, or to plan what you're doing.

UtricularEwe001

they are pretty much dumb (well most of them) suicidal.gif

to have a successful rampage you need to do 90% recon and it just takes 10% to execute the operation icon14.gif

without doing recon you are a dumbass monocle.gif

Cool I get to use a smilie for its purpose here.

Because if you pick up this rampage_ani.gif and kill so many folk within a specific time, everything doesn't reset to normal again as if nothing happened.

See in the real world we have consequences, you do crazy sh*t, you get crazy sh*t upon you.

wZVJHXg.png