will gta 5 be moddable?

ZZCOOL

This is clearly for PC, but if people manage to mod V on consoles I am going to be sooo f*cking disappointed. They've ruined IV's multiplayer.

Actually, cheaters ruined multiplayer, not modders. And it only happened because R* dropped the f*cking ball and didn't implement any of the widely used protection methods. Apparently, even if GFWL platform provides such methods, R* didn't bother implementing them.

Death2Drugs
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't GTA IV mod-locked initially on PC? Due to fan pressure and other reasons, they finally released a patch that finally allowed people to mod their game.

Maybe R* will do the same here. They want people to experience the game as it is, so initially locked, then a month or two in the future release a patch that allows people to meddle with the game to their hearts desire.

I'm sure IV was never mod-locked. I think it was simply because of the new files and format, there were no tools to mod the game.

Actually, it kinda is, in a way. It's like a total conversion on an improved engine, only official. Just like Vice City and San Andreas were for GTA III.

no, it's not.

by that logic, every sequel for every game is just an "expanded mod" of the original.

that's stupid.

Actually, it kinda is, in a way. It's like a total conversion on an improved engine, only official. Just like Vice City and San Andreas were for GTA III.

no, it's not.

by that logic, every sequel for every game is just an "expanded mod" of the original.

that's stupid.

in a way it's true

every game was built on the other game thats why theres always file left overs in rockstar games games

every game was built on the other game thats why theres always file left overs in rockstar games games

that's the way most franchise sequels are made.

I still don't think it's fair or honest to call sequels "mods" just because they don't create EVERY SINGLE resource from scratch EVERY time they make a new installment.

I think that's retarded.