will gta 5 be moddable?

ZZCOOL

I think it's sure that GTA V will be modable. I mean there are many peoples who still buy GTA:San Andreas just because of the gameplay and many mods like HD textures packs and graphic mods like ENB series, colormod and many others.

look at how gta 4 is now imagine gta 4 with absolutely no mods i to be honest wouldn't play it as much as i am now

Wut? A lot of people play GTA IV with no mods. I personally feel they don't improve anything and just detract from that unique GTA feel.

Most people play GTA IV without mods, yet the GTA IV mod with the most downloads has more than 800,000 downloads. Must be 8 guys who downloaded it 100,000 times each.

Modding keeps communities alive and if you have a game like GTA that is ideal for modding you're an idiot if you don't make it possible. Would like GTA V's modding to be alittle bit simpler. I find it a lot of hassle to install a variety of mods.

There will almost always be a way to mod a game regardless of what it is. Whether it be a harmless graphics mod or otherwise. Hell, look at some of the stuff people are now doing to IV on the 360 with the new script crap. Look at a somewhat new game like Skyrim, it had mods before the creation kit ever came out.

Someone said something about file extensions being changed. That is easy to do with programming. The file structure can be identical to what it was before, programming it with a different extension.

I wouldn't worry about mods being a problem.

There will almost always be a way to mod a game regardless of what it is. Whether it be a harmless graphics mod or otherwise. Hell, look at some of the stuff people are now doing to IV on the 360 with the new script crap. Look at a somewhat new game like Skyrim, it had mods before the creation kit ever came out.

Someone said something about file extensions being changed. That is easy to do with programming. The file structure can be identical to what it was before, programming it with a different extension.

I wouldn't worry about mods being a problem.

thing is rockstar games being against it is a problem as i respect them sad.gif

If it is true, they probably did it because MP3 also has a major focus on MP. It has not a singleplayer that people play for 400 hours like GTA games.

LewisMiller

I don't mind modding but keep it out of competitive multiplayer.

Could someone inform me why people are able to mod multiplayer so that they can give themselves an edge over others? Doesn't Rockstar protect multiplayer or something? In other games modding ability doesn't lead to this. Instead people have to hack their way into the game to alter multiplayer for their benefit.

Chickenwing
I dislike modders because they only remind me how sh*tty and primitive my computer is

lol devil.gif

I like to see what people do with mods as some of them can be great though!

Could someone inform me why people are able to mod multiplayer so that they can give themselves an edge over others? Doesn't Rockstar protect multiplayer or something? In other games modding ability doesn't lead to this. Instead people have to hack their way into the game to alter multiplayer for their benefit.

thats exactly what rockstar games did one of theur best decisions in my opinion

when you go to mp the game will detect if you have a mod installed and drop you into servers that have mods

so modded servers are seperate from unmodded servers

win win for everyone

then theres the cheaters ruining it for EVERYONE of us modders suicidal.gif

Sneakerhead.

thats exactly what rockstar games did one of theur best decisions in my opinion

when you go to mp the game will detect if you have a mod installed and drop you into servers that have mods

so modded servers are seperate from unmodded servers

win win for everyone

then theres the cheaters ruining it for EVERYONE of us modders suicidal.gif

F*ck the cheaters, I remember back when I had IV for 360, there was a guy who was spawning himself a couple of Futo GTs, now me not realising what type of owers he held, I stole one of his Futos, next thing I know, he shot me with a Pump - Action shotgun that had rockets for bullets......

He was eventually System and IP banned from XBOX live lol......... I snitched devil.gif

Nah Tso Gud

As long as they stay the hell out of legit lobbies on consoles.

I hope every game ever created becomes unmoddable. Seriously, what's the point, wait this long for GTAV and then just to go make mods and change the game completely to suit yourself. Just get a life, sorry for sounding abrupt, but I hate mods and think people should just get jobs making these games instead or your own even.

I bet most modders have more of a life than you.

It depends what your definition of having a life is... I feel like I'm doing good for myself, I'm only 22 and skipped uni to do postgraduate studies which I've completed. Getting married this year, full time job and saving money to buy a house and move overseas while we rent it out. I think I have my life pretty well sketched out and couldn't spare a minute to modding a game that has already been in 5+ years development to get it how the developers and must I add ARTISTS envisioned the game to be.

A good question though is, why would modding GTAV be any different to GTAIV? If people can mod GTAIV, just create your own San Andreas map which I've seen before and add your own features. Add some UFO's and bigfoots and call it Saints Row 4 ph34r.gif But really... V is just an elaborate mod of IV anyway.

I think I have my life pretty well sketched out and couldn't spare a minute to modding a game that has already been in 5+ years development to get it how the developers and must I add ARTISTS envisioned the game to be.

ok sure, but you're still an idiot.

you've done nothing to address the criticism of your original (and supremely ignorant) opinion.

having a life and modding a game have nothing to do with one another.

your original post was stupid. your follow-up post does nothing to defend that stupidity.

I'm pretty sure the majority of people who take modding seriously also have a life, wife, and a house.

one has nothing to do with the other.

But really... V is just an elaborate mod of IV anyway.

no, it's really not.

lol you're a moron...

Death2Drugs
I hope every game ever created becomes unmoddable. Seriously, what's the point, wait this long for GTAV and then just to go make mods and change the game completely to suit yourself. Just get a life, sorry for sounding abrupt, but I hate mods and think people should just get jobs making these games instead or your own even.

It depends what your definition of having a life is... I feel like I'm doing good for myself, I'm only 22 and skipped uni to do postgraduate studies which I've completed. Getting married this year, full time job and saving money to buy a house and move overseas while we rent it out. I think I have my life pretty well sketched out and couldn't spare a minute to modding a game that has already been in 5+ years development to get it how the developers and must I add ARTISTS envisioned the game to be.

A good question though is, why would modding GTAV be any different to GTAIV? If people can mod GTAIV, just create your own San Andreas map which I've seen before and add your own features. Add some UFO's and bigfoots and call it Saints Row 4 ph34r.gif But really... V is just an elaborate mod of IV anyway.

I have a pretty good home. A good job, doing good in college, a good relationship, yet I make time modding San Andreas.

Before you go proudly boasting how much life you have and how modders are pimple-ridden nerds with nothing better to do, look at many mods. Why do many mods take so long? Because the creators have their own lives. Do you think you can willy-nilly create a San Andreas map for IV within a few hours? Modders come around the world and come in different sizes, shapes, and colors.

From your quote, you seem somewhat cocky and a little vain. Modders don't mod games to prove how better they are than R*. They only want to improve on it and update it. Were the IV: SA team converting San Andreas to laugh in R*'s face to say "ha ha we're better than you!"? No, they did it for the community to give a fresh feel of the game.

Godspeed for your opposition to the modding community and how you think you have more life than modders here.

I have a pretty good home. A good job, doing good in college, a good relationship, yet I make time modding San Andreas.

Before you go proudly boasting how much life you have and how modders are pimple-ridden nerds with nothing better to do, look at many mods. Why do many mods take so long? Because the creators have their own lives. Do you think you can willy-nilly create a San Andreas map for IV within a few hours? Modders come around the world and come in different sizes, shapes, and colors.

From your quote, you seem somewhat cocky and a little vain. Modders don't mod games to prove how better they are than R*. They only want to improve on it and update it. Were the IV: SA team converting San Andreas to laugh in R*'s face to say "ha ha we're better than you!"? No, they did it for the community to give a fresh feel of the game.

Godspeed for your opposition to the modding community and how you think you have more life than modders here.

since people are arguing about life with modders

i post mod videos on youtube thats my "job"

so think about this next time you say they have no life

look at how gta 4 is now imagine gta 4 with absolutely no mods i to be honest wouldn't play it as much as i am now

Wut? A lot of people play GTA IV with no mods. I personally feel they don't improve anything and just detract from that unique GTA feel.

Most people play GTA IV without mods, yet the GTA IV mod with the most downloads has more than 800,000 downloads. Must be 8 guys who downloaded it 100,000 times each.

Modding keeps communities alive and if you have a game like GTA that is ideal for modding you're an idiot if you don't make it possible. Would like GTA V's modding to be alittle bit simpler. I find it a lot of hassle to install a variety of mods.

Hey, I'm not saying I'm AGAINST mods, I just don't like them. Most mods are crap like real cars and OMGUB3R1337GRAPHIX WIT BLUUUUUUUM!!!!!!!111one. Of course, if I see quality mods I'm often interested, like the RAGE remakes of old GTA games. They can't possibly detract from the feel because they're GTAception.

But really... V is just an elaborate mod of IV anyway.

no, it's really not.

lol you're a moron...

Actually, it kinda is, in a way. It's like a total conversion on an improved engine, only official. Just like Vice City and San Andreas were for GTA III.

Edited by Num3rical

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't GTA IV mod-locked initially on PC? Due to fan pressure and other reasons, they finally released a patch that finally allowed people to mod their game.

Maybe R* will do the same here. They want people to experience the game as it is, so initially locked, then a month or two in the future release a patch that allows people to meddle with the game to their hearts desire.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't GTA IV mod-locked initially on PC? Due to fan pressure and other reasons, they finally released a patch that finally allowed people to mod their game.

Maybe R* will do the same here. They want people to experience the game as it is, so initially locked, then a month or two in the future release a patch that allows people to meddle with the game to their hearts desire.

actually fine by me

I can't respond to you all but I do apologise if my comments seemed a little harsh and cocky or whatever. I'm really not like that. I'm a musician so I relate to other artists and having their art being destroyed or enhanced, it's kinda like comparing old 60's Beatles vinyls to the remastered and polished up copies you download on iTunes. It's just not the same really, and I feel protective of the fact that people would want to change or modify a videogame in much the same way. Sure it might not be as perfect as we anticipate or have some ups and downs, but I think I'll enjoy it for what it is and just sit back and hope for more next time around.

I was majorly pissed off when IV didn't have Planes, Bicycles, and being able to derail trains and stuff. But if somebody beefed it up for me to enjoy all those things in IV it would feel like I'm cheating or something.

I'll also add I haven't looked very deeply into all the mods that are out there, but I do see what you guys are talking about. I guess I'm just trying to see it from an artists perspective and being protective of their 5 years of effort coming into fruition. Bottom line is I do see where you guys are coming from, but I still remain a fence sitter on this issue... perhaps if they introduced some sort of a system to develop that could benefit R* by allowing people to create these mods. They could endorse it more by creating an offical R* website with community made mods and featured mods, which could be purchased from R* website as a download (and R* get a small cut of the $). R* could even run mod challenges or something with prizes. Maybe that's a bit crazy sounding but I think if something like that happened I'd be nothing but supportive of it - maybe even convinced to choose PC version over console.

Edited by LotusRIP

It's wierd how R* structures the game-files in a easy way for people to mod it, but at the same time releases patches which makes modding harder/more difficult. I bet they love the modding secretly, but to fight off (maybe) angry car/industry people who don't want to see their brands within a violent video game - they never speak openly on the topic.

RockstarRocksLOL

Get some help dude.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

I'll also add I haven't looked very deeply into all the mods that are out there, but I do see what you guys are talking about. I guess I'm just trying to see it from an artists perspective and being protective of their 5 years of effort coming into fruition. Bottom line is I do see where you guys are coming from, but I still remain a fence sitter on this issue... perhaps if they introduced some sort of a system to develop that could benefit R* by allowing people to create these mods. They could endorse it more by creating an offical R* website with community made mods and featured mods, which could be purchased from R* website as a download (and R* get a small cut of the $). R* could even run mod challenges or something with prizes. Maybe that's a bit crazy sounding but I think if something like that happened I'd be nothing but supportive of it - maybe even convinced to choose PC version over console.

R* only benefits from mods (except Hot Coffee, but that just wan't handled well by any party). Mods keep a community alive. An living community of a previous game is more likely to transfer to the next game, which is good for R*. The reason why many people still play GTA IV/EFLC so long after release are the mods.

Modders can never do exactly what R* does (like new storyline, complicated missions and cutscenes, etc.) so people will still get the DLC.

Paying mods is a bad idea. A lot of mods are real cars/vehicles. You can't sell those mods because you need to have permission from the brand, which you'll never get.

In short: killing off mod support in GTA V wouldn't be in Rockstar's best interest.

But doesn't GTA console copies outsell PC version? That means the majority of us don't use any mods and the game still a success... just a thought

Triple Penetration
Hell yeah, modding is the only reason SOME people buy the PC version of video games anyway. mercie_blink.gif (I am not hating on PC, but some people buy the PC version just for modding lol)

That is the reason why I bought SA (I was modding VC before SA came out up until it was released AND possible to mod) and then I bought a new PC just for IV, to mod it.

I see no problems why people wouldn't buy games just to mod them.

user posted image

The game was unlocked months before they released that patch.