will gta 5 be moddable?

ZZCOOL

only a couple of hours untill max payne 3 releases and it seems from what i have heard from many that max payne 3 is locked and ecnrypted using a method called ironwrapper

theres ofcourse ways to get around this but it also makes me sad considering if rockstar games did this then that means modding is still not ok for them

ofcourse "GooD-NTS" replied in my thread saying that it is all a lie and that it is not locked

The RPF's from PC version is not under IronWrapper. I have both version Steam(pre-loaded*) and DVD version. We need just wait until tomorrow when the game will be available and check other thing, how they will work, maybe it not so bad. Anyway OpenIV will able to open files even without editing.

*At the current time all files from steam version is encrypted by steam, not by IronWrapper.

thoughts? is mp3 locked and if it is will they do the same thing with gta 5?

Max Payne is a completely different game, it isn't open world or anything.

Of course you will be able to mod GTA. Stop comparing it with Max Payne.

What would you possibly want to mod on Max Payne anyway?

G1T

theres alot of potential and a brand new rage engine for us to play with

perhaps we can convert all of liberty city to the game assuming it allows it

or san andreas

it is a brand new rage engine i am eager to try it out and mod it

theres alot of potential and a brand new rage engine for us to play with

perhaps we can convert all of liberty city to the game assuming it allows it

or san andreas

it is a brand new rage engine i am eager to try it out and mod it

Yeah that is one reason I hope they allow modding. People really experimented with the mods in the III era games, putting the Liberty City and Vice City maps into San Andreas, for example. It would be a shame if they stopped stuff like that from happening now.

even if they allow modding.. plz keep it to single player only.. i dont want flying people with godmodes and rocket smgs in multiplayer deathmatch like *cough* gta IV *cough*

Sneakerhead.

Hell yeah, modding is the only reason SOME people buy the PC version of video games anyway. mercie_blink.gif (I am not hating on PC, but some people buy the PC version just for modding lol)

if R* didn't support modding, I have no idea why they would promote a GTAIV zombie mod on their newswire.

even if they allow modding.. plz keep it to single player only.. i dont want flying people with godmodes and rocket smgs in multiplayer deathmatch like *cough* gta IV *cough*

Heck I've even seen people in free roam on the 360 shooting rockets out of a pistol and other stuff also.

R* will alow modding, they always have. I am saving up to get a new PC ( my current PC won't even run GTA3 lol ) just for GTAV because I can't wait to see what the PC crowd comes up with. I'll also be getting GTAV for one of the consoles also, I own both. There is no way in Hell that the PC version will come out the same time as the console version.

I hope every game ever created becomes unmoddable. Seriously, what's the point, wait this long for GTAV and then just to go make mods and change the game completely to suit yourself. Just get a life, sorry for sounding abrupt, but I hate mods and think people should just get jobs making these games instead or your own even.

i support modding but i think that it should be done in a way where it is controllable by R*

little seoul

wouldn't really be worth modding anyway.

l.a. noire is the only game other that gta that's worth modding.

(imo)

I'm banned because I'm an asshole.

G

No files are protected against moding. We only need OpenVI new version and we are good to go.

P.S. "pc" folder which contains textures and missions is 16GB big! Audio is only 3GB while movies 8GB. All files are in ".rpf", no good old ".img"

StateofMind15
I hope every game ever created becomes unmoddable. Seriously, what's the point, wait this long for GTAV and then just to go make mods and change the game completely to suit yourself. Just get a life, sorry for sounding abrupt, but I hate mods and think people should just get jobs making these games instead or your own even.

I bet most modders have more of a life than you.

even if GTA 5 is not supposed to be mod friendly, you gotta' believe the PC community will find a way around it.

Death2Drugs

I hope you know that modders work very, very, hard to create something that not only is for them, but for the whole community. I hope the gaming industry never listens to people like you. If they had made SA unmoddable, it wouldn't be popular today.

sorry but this is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this forum.

and I've read a lot of stupid sh*t.

aside from being completely untrue, your opinion is callous and disingenuous.

you should probably educate yourself about the GTA mod community and game modding in general before you attempt to say more stupid things.

stranger44

^That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Ever heard of Counter Strike? It started as a mod for Half Life 1. Then it became the #1 Online Action game in the world.

Ever heard of Dota? It started as a mod for Warcraft III. Then it became one of the most popular eSports titles in recent history (especially since a Dota 2 is currently in Closed Beta).

Edit: Holy crap I just got epically Ninja'd. Almost word for word at the beginning there. wow.gif Well played El Diablo, well played...

Edited by stranger44

I doubt it. R* would never disappoint the modding community.

Yes lol they would never ever do anything to hurt the modding community. Just as they hold the PC community in highest regard. Like the delays and all.

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

The Grand Theft Auto series has always had a strong modding community. Rockstar knows that, and supports it. Don't worry, GTA V will be mod-able.

Phantomkick

there wont be Counter Strike without modders,

OT: R* Should support modding,

Like Bethesda's games they have modding tools and plus mod manager (no need replacing files just "install and "uninstall" mod)

Celticfang

Ever since Hot Coffee R* haven't been as friendly to modders though. Remember it was a modder who uncovered the whole scandal.

R* can't support modding though, it's a legal minefield for licensing and such

The guys at Valve must be f*cking legal geniuses, then.

I dislike modders because they only remind me how sh*tty and primitive my computer is

we resort to modding after we have played our fair share of the game stock

don't think i want to mod gta 5 the first thing i do

i want to finish it get a feel for it when i have played enough of it i will mod it and it will become brand new again

look at how gta 4 is now imagine gta 4 with absolutely no mods i to be honest wouldn't play it as much as i am now

look at how gta 4 is now imagine gta 4 with absolutely no mods i to be honest wouldn't play it as much as i am now

Wut? A lot of people play GTA IV with no mods. I personally feel they don't improve anything and just detract from that unique GTA feel.

Celticfang

The guys at Valve must be f*cking legal geniuses, then.

They've had their fair share of problems however. Modding something as big as GTA is a bigger problem than modding any other game.

Why? Exposure. GTA is one of the most well known games period, inside and outside of gaming.

You make a Ferrari mod or an F1 mod or an MLB mod and put it on Youtube for GTA, 99% of the time it will get a takedown notice and removed within a day or so. Whereas if you make it for a lesser known game or get clever about hiding it, it will stay up longer, sometimes permanently.

Why did I mention those three? Because they are three of the companies most protective of their products. FOM takes down anything to do with F1 saying they have control over it entirely (not true in Aus), Search for any F1 races on Youtube, FOM takes them down with astounding speed.

MLB has a blanket takedown on anything baseball related pretty much gets taken down automatically. After Bin Laden was killed a video n Youtube went viral of the Phillies with the USA chant, MLB took down the videos citing copyright (the fact it was actually from a telecast was ignored, MLB swept in and claimed as it had a man hitting a ball with a bat, it was automatically their property), they got slammed for being heartless and unpatriotic in some blogs

Ferrari are notoriously protective of their brand also, they forced sites to close over not paying licensing to them.

Modding, like it or not, does in fact come with legal issues. Consider that game mods have actually seen the modders in court within the last 10 years in the USA over copyright infringement. Consider that modders do get cease & desist letters from companies requesting they remove their logos from mods and then send takedown notices.

Valve are in fact geniuses. Name me the last time they got sued over a fan made mod? Next to never. Why? Because they keep their games simple licensing wise.

EA were sued over BF3 and the helicopter designs in that game a few months ago. Can you imagina nyone suing R* over a car design or car shape?

Sunrise Driver

What are talking about? Nobody cares that some dude made a free Ferrari mod for GTA. Where have you seen lawsuits against modders?