Exit Plans

LongHairedFreakyGuy

LongHairedFreakyGuy

So, got a letter through the post today reminding me that I had registered to be an organ donor when I finally hit the dust. I actually admittedly registered after seeing Mr. Zuckerburg do it on his FB, and thought I'd try it all out. So yeah, now I'm a fully registered donor...thing is I doubt any of my organs will be fit for use when it comes to the time.

My original, and main, plan has always to be cremated. I think the main reason for this is, for some strange reason, I've always had a fear of waking up in a coffin. Yes, I know they do all these tests and sh*t, but meh, it's just a fear I have. Plus, I'd love for my ashes to be put somewhere meaningful, rather than buried under some ground that will get trampled all over and probably dug up in a few years.

So yeah, a slightly weird topic, but what are your plans for when you finally kick it? Normal funeral, cremation? Donating any organs? Etc....

na89340qv0n34b09q340

I'd like to die and sit undisturbed for years. I've actually always had a fear that I might die, but still be able to sense after death. Being cremated wouldn't help me rest in peace at all.

edit: Thought about it a bit. If there are possibilities i'd like to be preserved as well. Maybe we'll be able to revive humans in the future using new technologies. Maybe I can get my dead body hooked up to a machine that'll keep me in a simulation.

Edited by zoo3891

I'm an organ donor too. I wont need them when I'm dead.

Also going for cremation. If everyone goes for burial while the world population contiues to grow - eventually we will run out of real estate.

Edit:

to repair stupid tablet typing auto correct.

Edited by trip

AlexGTAGamer

When I finally kick the bucket, I'd like for my organs that are still in good condition to be donated, and the rest of my body I'd like to have cremated.

Also if you are worried about waking up inside your coffin, why don't you get a safety coffin instead?

LongHairedFreakyGuy

That was the main reason, even though it wasn't exactly serious at first, I'm happy to be a donor. I know not everyone gets selected and whatnot, but the thought that I atleast thought about helping someone out who needs it to live, then I'm happy with that.

Also going for cremation. If everyone goes for burial while the would population contiues to grow - eventually we will run out of real estate.

Hence me saying about the getting dug up.

I want to be perfectly preserved, provided it was by natural causes or at least not in some messy accident, so my body is near enough whole.

Anywho perfectly preserved and put into a sealed and lined coffin and shot off into space in the rough direction of a cluster of stars, hoping that in a few millennium I can be picked up by an alien species and revived and share my experiences of the human race who are probably long swallowed up by the Sun.

wZVJHXg.png

I like the idea of being shot into space. I want a Spock funeral, but instead of an overweight man playing bagpipes, I want a thirteen man jazz ensemble covering Miles Davis' amazing "Bitches Brew" album. Buffet food including deviled eggs and salmon rice puffs.

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

I'd like to pull 'the Layne Staley'. When i'm buried it'd be nice to have my own tomb but I'll be perfectly fine going 6 feet under.

Cyropreservation.

That way, Im not put into a coffin to rot, but rather put in a coffin with the chance of being revived a long way down the road, the thought seems insane but think about it this way, if you went back to the year 1912 (100 years ago) and told some random guy that one day, humankind would set foot on the moon or that one day you would be able to cut open a mans chest, take out his heart and replace it with an artificial one made from materials not yet created, what would that person say to you? They would most likely laugh at you wouldnt they? Its the same right now.

I'd like to be cremated, rolled into a joint mixed with some ganja, and be passed around and smoked by everyone I care about.

High on life.

kSTG7.png

[O]tter[ba]nned Oct 8, 2013, for 91 days.

To be encased in a glass box and preserved, so my family can look at my gob over the breakfast table.

I was planning to advertise this on craigslist but if anyone needs it, I'd be happy to donate.

user posted image

jMNM8n3.gif

Ex Hellraiser
I was planning to advertise this on craigslist but if anyone needs it, I'd be happy to donate.

snip

^lol

I am an organ donor. I hate how there are people that choose NOT to donate. When you die, you won't need them anymore!

Why not give them to those who need it? Do you not want to help out others? Usually, the people that need the organs are actually good people, who need a break, not the assholes that you think you might end up helping.

I don't want to give my organs to someone that I would question actually giving them to, but the thing is, most of those that actually need them are good.

Sorry if I sound like I am repeating myself. I haven't really thought about whether I want to be buried or not. Don't have much preference. As long as I can help someone who needs it, I can be dropped in the ocean afterwards for all I care...

I'd probably go for getting burned to a crisp as well. I don't like the idea of my body rotting away underground, things crawling through my eye sockets and stuff. Then I can have my ashes scattered somewhere nice, hopefully my kids will give me that honour and not just flush me down the loo. That cryo-freezing or whatever it's called seems a bit pointless as well. It will probably be hundreds and hundreds of years if not thousands, before the technology to bring you back becomes available. That's if it ever does become available. And in the time it takes to get to that point it's likely your storage building will have been destroyed in some sort of natural disaster or war.

locolow2011

I have zero plans, i don't give a sh*t, why? Because i will be dead thats why.

nightwalker83

Also going for cremation. If everyone goes for burial while the world population contiues to grow - eventually we will run out of real estate.

Edit:

to repair stupid tablet typing auto correct.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same.

I smoke, drink and eat a lot of fast food, my organs won't be worth sh*t. I do like the idea of cremation. If buried, I want a headstone like BeetleJuice.

fV9tG4b.gif

I'm a donor did it the second I turned 18. I'm also on the bone marrow register and have my card for that. I'm going to be cremated too, but they can just take whatever they need from me before I burn.

lil weasel

The Book does say: “Ashes to ashes”, or/and “Corruption of the Sea.”

Not mention your chance of survival in the Hospital (ER) when ‘they’ find out.

Do you know how much your ‘bits & pieces’ are worth to a Ca$h strapped Hospital? And, do the rest end up in a Teaching School for fun & games by students?

Cremation is the only way to dispose of the corpse.

Whatever they don't chop out and stick in/on other people, burn it and stick it in the ground.

Not the face, though. Face transplants freak me out. Take my skin and eyes, not the whole thing, dudes.

I hate cemeteries and I hate the people who want to be buried in them.

I also hate the people who go to them. visiting dead relatives is morbid. if you want to remember and reflect about someone then you can do it anywhere at any time. you don't have to go and stand at the spot where their carcass is eroding below your feet. that's such downer / sad / morbid behavior. I've never visited the grave of a loved one after the funeral. I don't understand why anyone needs to.

any time I want to remember their smiling face I just imagine it or look at pictures.

it's much more fulfilling than standing around looking at dirt and a terribly overpriced slab of concrete.

cemeteries are a monumental waste of space and (by design) they can only get bigger.

this is not a sound model for long-term planning for future generations and town/city layouts.

someday we need to suck it up and just bulldoze the existing cemeteries and tell people that we're never going to build another one.

you can keep your military cemeteries like Arlington National, etc. but everything else for the common Joe Blow needs to go.

it's not an economical solution.

you know what is? cremation and medical science.

donate your body or organs to medical research or a donor program.

do something USEFUL with your final act.

then burn yourself and let your family spread you around somewhere beautiful.

what's not to love?

now whether or not you give your body and organs to science is one thing. that's certainly a personal choice.

but cremation should become mandatory. we can't keep filling up prime real estate with dead people who had too much ego...

the Earth is for the living.

to hell with your selfish pride. you don't need your body or a tombstone after you're dead.

lil weasel

Seems to me that Cemetery’s are a money maker for The Church. People used to be dumped into mass graves or burned to dispose of them. Then the Pope (or one of his henchmen) determined that a bit of ca$h could be made by ‘Renting’ space on ‘consecrated ground’ for a hundred years. Or so it was. Saw it a documentary on NetFlix, though I can’t remember which one. I’ve seen so many there.

Crazy rant

I can see why people would want a permanent resting place, and why people would want to visit their loved ones grave. It's not necessary, but we're not exactly running out of room and we won't be any time soon. Just think how much room something like a golf course takes up, golf courses aren't exactly "necessary" so should we bulldoze them too? Cemeteries serve a purpose and they serve an important role in society.

lil weasel

They Serve an important purpose in the Church dogmatic teachings.

Golf courses serve the Public, not a select few smile.gif You know what I mean.

Running out of space? Check out San Francisco

Just think how much room something like a golf course takes up, golf courses aren't exactly "necessary" so should we bulldoze them too?

well nothing in this world is "necessary" except for food and water.

but a golf course is at least WAY more useful than a cemetery.

golf courses provide entertainment and recreation for millions.

Cemeteries serve a purpose and they serve an important role in society.

cemeteries do not serve a purpose.

unless the purpose is "place to store your dead," in which case the cremation box serves the exact same purpose and is infinitely more economical.

cemeteries don't serve an important role.

if you think they do, you've simply been take for a fool by the religious and/or feeble minded.

they serve A role for some people. but it's not important.

to be clear, cemeteries only serve a purpose or fill a role for people who have never even given a moment's thought to how the world would be if we simply didn't have them.

anyone who actually thinks about this will realize how silly and useless the cemetery is. not to mention the costs that go with it.

you don't need a cemetery to say goodbye to loved ones.

you don't need a cemetery to remember loved ones.

what do you need it for?

Edited by El_Diablo

I'm an organ donor and I'd prefer to be cremated, but have my ashes be used for pranks and such. So at least I know I'm still useful after death.

I just feel bad for the poor cop who would have to fill out my sheet if I died tomorrow. My friends took my license when I got it, and wrote on the exceptions line "Penis, hair, or penis hair. That's all mine"

Digital Murders

Plastination.

You could say it's like donating organs, but on a larger scale. The human body is an interesting thing, internally. What's more interesting is what happens to us individually as our body begins to deteriorate as we grow older, or what happens to it during our final moments.

If it means we can get a better understanding of what our bodies go through, advancement in medical science and establishing trustworthy doctors, I'm all for preserving my insides.

Testes too.

user posted image

I'll be honest, I'm not an organ donor. As much as I would like to help someone, it makes me feel uncomfortable that someone wants me to die or is waiting for me to do so. I'd like to be incased in a solid gold/bronze statue withholds where my eyes would be so I am eternally over seeing my subjects.

nightwalker83

If I do end up being buried... I want to go out in a cardboard box and nude. biggrin.gif