Car physics

CoSm1c gAm3r

CoSm1c gAm3r

Is there any way to disable dumb car physics? Cars laying on roof can be moved back and forth and to the sides. They look like they have bike physics. Also cars backing up on their wheels against physics look bad and annoying. I think that they did it for kids who may be annoyed that they can go further after a crash ending up on roof. Instead those who want realism are annoyed.

Editing values in car handling (center of mass) somehow helps to make cars stay on their side and roof but this also makes them flip in mid air because of ability to move vehicles when they are in midair.

CoSm1c gAm3r

Did you never see car in gta4 land on roof? Maybe because cars in gta 4 got dumb physics and they almost always roll back on wheels. But if not then try to move steering left and right over and over again then you will see that car is moving. And press controll for leaning forward and back like when driving motorcycle. Then you will see that car is moving. Press those buttons seweral times and you rill se car moving. Did you understand me now?

CoSm1c gAm3r

I wonder if there is possibility to change center of mass by script. For example if car is no wheels it has for example z axis set to - 0.4 and it makes car not flip on curves but when car is falling from clifs this value makes car almost always get back on wheels. For now the only way is to find best value for z axis that will make car not flip easy while taking curves and also make car more realistically stay on sides and roof when flipped while crashes.

I think solution for that would be dynamic axis which would make Z axis to point always down. But even if this would be possible it will not disable ability to balance car like motorcycles. I made back flips and forward flips and left and right flips in car while jumping from high places. This is silly physics.

Lets hope they will not f*** up physics in gtaV with other aspects like no bullet spread while playing using mouse.

GTA V will be probably like IV with it's physics. I don't expect much changes in that direction. Not many people are complainig about the physics.

The physics aren't that bad. If this game would have a more realistic physics it wouldn't make so much fun. biggrin.gif