What were your earliest impressions of GTAV?

Linki

A good amount of time has passed since GTAV's trailer was released, and I'm sure your initial impressions of the what/who/why has changed since. But what did you first think when you were watching the trailer for the first time?

I thought the guy talking was indeed the protagonist, and I thought he sounded Hispanic. Then I saw the guy in the red car looking at the chick and thought he was the protagonist - the guy talking right now. But all that changed for me when I saw the the man in the suit, and pretty much instantly heard a Caucasian voice. The way the scene centered completely on him and how the narration sort of changed straight after that scene made me believe he was the protagonist, no doubt. Especially at the end of "you know how it is". It had a certain American twang to it.

Another thing about the way he said "you know how it is" made me feel like he was talking about the past, and that he now has embraced his criminal lifestyle. The whole narration felt like R* referencing past stories of moving away from the life of crime, then at the end of the narration revealing it was all in past tense.

The story basically sounds like the aftermath of trying to leave crime and failing. Well, from the looks of things, he heads back into crime and try's to get rich out of it.

Since then, heaps of theories and speculation has made me lean towards multiple protagonists, as much as I am very, very uncertain about such a move.

Ah the first time I saw the trailer, I was like a (fat) black woman at a horror movie.

"DAAAMN 'DAREZ GONNA BE PLANES IN DA GAME!" And such behaviour. I was a kid at a candy shop. Ned Flanders in heaven. A foot fetisher in a pedicure clinic.

I was in absolute awe, and everything amused me smile.gif

Edited by gionascm2

This is a fun video reaction:

Edited by Adriaan

My first though "I hope that Tommy Vercetti looking mother frucker isn't the protagonist".

Then I immediatly thought "Maybe that is TV", alas not.

I didn't like Niko when I saw his first trailer, but damn he grew on me and I just love his psychopathic but caring ways.

ShotGunRain

First when the trailer came out my reaction was OMG look we are back to Los Santos and there are planes in the game. Now 7Months later.... my reaction MEH confused.gif Seriously this drought of info is killing me and my hype yeah i come here everyday so what? It doesn't mean i am hyped it just means i have no games to play and the only good game coming out hopefully in 2012 is GTA V. I am done with Call Of Duty Battlefield 3 got messed up with the big update.

Something like:

"f*ck ME, THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING. WHEN DOES IT COME OUT?!"

Oh...

S1LV3R_W0LF

My first impression when I saw the video was "F*** Vice City again", then was "Hum it's SA" and later "Cool this looks interesting and what was that (rewind and stop and rewind and stop, and forward and stop...)".

Capricornus
Ah the first time I saw the trailer, I was like a black woman at a horror movie.

LMAO I am certain you could have came up with a better analogy than that.

Anyway, I was f*cking excited, putting my hand over my mouth in awe of what I was seeing. Look forward to actually playing GTA V and seeing how it performs.

caprisig.jpg

All I remember clearly is my first thought: "Palm trees. I knew it. I knew the V stood for Vice City." And then a few seconds later I realized it was definitely Los Santos. Probably when I saw the 5 fwy signage.

Mostly I was just in a state of dopey bliss that I was looking at the next GTA for the first time.

lol.giflol.giflol.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif You made my day, that was classic, is that Zee's sister?

BlackandWhite23

lol.giflol.giflol.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif You made my day, that was classic, is that Zee's sister?

lol.gif I fell of my chair seening this video.But it still amaze me that she plays GTA orly.gifmercie_blink.gif Zee Sister whahahha lol.gif Your funny

The__Phoenix

Zee´s sister?NOOOO,IT IS ZEE!!! biggrin.gif

"Dogs! ...Vice City? No, San An! Holy sh*t, this looks awesome! JET-SKI!!!! A f*cking mountain!! HOLY WIND TURBINES! PLANES!! ...I'm watching it again..."

The first I saw the trailer, I didn't care about the protagonist. I was impressed by dog appearance, working convertible, attached lorry/trailer. But then, I remember that not all that stuff will always working in gameplay as my experience in IV, some stuff works only in mission. So, I wont be so excited. I always curious about what the trailer narrator saying, and have no clue since then. dontgetit.gif

spongeboob911

One word can only define my impression whilst watching GTAV trailer for the first time: Jizz.

black people

i had originally thought it was Vice City during the beach scene, and i was happy to see it. then i realized that it was Los Santos (although i'm sure that most of us believed that it was the entire state of San Andreas at the time) and i was even more excited.

and as gionascm2 had said, the aircraft were definitely the major highlight of the trailer. once i saw that Hydra, i knew that things were back on track (i'm one of the few people that believes that GTA:IV was lacking in substance).

S1LV3R_W0LF

That video... I could make SR4 out of this.

Imagine that character, I would be scared if she was in the street with a machine gun and raging on me, damn and her name is gtagirl 69 ... no thanks I rather j3rk myself of.

What the hell this people think before posting these videos, seriously.

JamesBuxton

I was a bit pissed off following the trailer.

"California again" I thought, I didn't like how they kept going back to the same places.

I wanted it to be in either London (they haven't done 3D London yet) or to somewhere new, like Rio in Brazil or Bangkok in Thailand.

Now however, although I'd have loved London, Bangkok or Rio, I'm happy they've gone for California, because we have a variety of city, mountains and general countryside, unlike IV which had the most boring map ever.

Twitter - @JamesB__

little seoul

my reaction:

"why rockstar? now i have to wait another year to see a new trailer."

confused.gif

I'm banned because I'm an asshole.

G

Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif At the start I thought "OMG is that a dog?" "WOOH San Andreas" Wow this looks better than I thought" "Convertibles!?" "More than two lane highwys?!" "Hydra!!!" I basically mentally creamed my pants...

lol.gif I fell of my chair seening this video.But it still amaze me that she plays GTA orly.gifmercie_blink.gif Zee Sister whahahha lol.gif Your funny

It's edited to look like she is posting her reaction to Gta V, but in fact she is a twilight mega fan who posts reactions to the Twligt trailers under the youtube name of Nutty maddam. Still, the video gave me a laugh.

Ferocious Banger

At the beginning,I was sure that it was Vice city..then after the mountain scene I understood that it was SA.!Then I came to know that it was southern SA

When I knew that the game would be set in Los Santos I immediately thought that this game will be better than GTA IV because I missed The San Andreas athmosphere and its landscapes and countrysides. I'm not a fan of New York and Liberty City looked too much like New York.