Revolutionary soft-body physics engine!(OMG)

TheBossMan5000

TheBossMan5000

It's Cry Engine, but I wonder if GTA V's engine will be close to this.

RedLightsBlueNights

Such beautifully realistic damage. Maybe except for the car engine part.

GrandMaster Smith

As nice as those physics are, im not sure if I'd like them in GTA

I do like the more mature and realistic route R*'s been taking with the new generation, but with something like this you're going to be throwing off your alignment with every curb you drive over and after hitting two light poles your cars going to be next to totaled.

I really dig the realistic aspect R*'s been driving at, but there's some things that would just take the fun out of the whole driving experience imo. Something rather similar to this would be really nice though, just more of an arcady version I think.

RedLightsBlueNights
Not this gen of consoles.......

Why not? Burnout Paradise and IV can do it (kind of).

i thought car damage in GTA IV was pretty good and upgraded version in GTA V will look eaven moore realistic

Phantomkick

damn! its so realistic, but i see nothing wrong with RAGE Car physics... bored.gif

To be honest I don't think Paradise was able to do it on the fly, it was pre-rendered/canned animation.

So many times I was looking at my identical wrecks i'm sure.

They can not, did you watch the video?

These are 100% real time physics, and the damage is in real time aswell.

In IV, if you crash hard and record it, then watch it in slow motion you see the car won't crush like that, it's in mind for second, then when the game has calculated the damage rate the damage is visible in instant(if you get what I mean, English is not my first language so..)

And the road bumb physics aren't as near as those in that video.

I gotta' say... I want these in V!

RedLightsBlueNights

In IV, if you crash hard and record it, then watch it in slow motion you see the car won't crush like that, it's in mind for second, then when the game has calculated the damage rate the damage is visible in instant(if you get what I mean, English is not my first language so..)

I watched the video. So I should get on GTA4, crash a car, and load the recorded clip in the video editor? Alright. I'll try it sometime. Not now though. I got finals.

I watched the video. So I should get on GTA4, crash a car, and load the recorded clip in the video editor? Alright. I'll try it sometime. Not now though. I got finals.

Well you can go to Youtube and watch some crash compilation video, you'll notice it from there.

I don't think you need something detailed as this in a game on a large scale, like GTA. If they add some damned mass to the vehicles it will be enough for me.

Im pretty sure that R* can make a even more realistic damage, they just need better hardware. that CryEngine3 demo is running on some f*cking NASA computer, probably more powerfull than Ps4 and 720.

To be honest I don't think Paradise was able to do it on the fly, it was pre-rendered/canned animation.

So many times I was looking at my identical wrecks i'm sure.

These are 100% real time physics, the damage is running on Cryengine 3 @ 100 fps in real time...

Racecarlock

No way. Do you really think that even PC processing power could handle large groups of traffic loading from minute to minute as you travel with THOSE physics? Keep in mind, that video only showed one truck, and they probably had a top of the line PC running it, and there aren't even buildings in the simulation. Or people, for that matter. Do you really think any console or PC could handle those physics plus all of the details that GTA entails and the V trailer showed us?

Yossarianite

This would be just something fun, adding to the realism. It'd make the gameplay more realistic. Something to look forward to.

It's Cry Engine,

Wow, I like.

It always confused me that when hitting a flat wall in IV, the car looked as if it hit a pole.

But nevertheless I think IV was a great leap forward in terms of those physics. Not sure, if the current hardware generation can handle that.

The engine would have to do this kind of complex crash monitoring for each vehicle.

Edited by Mr. Cozzarelli

WhiteArcticFox
Im pretty sure that R* can make a even more realistic damage, they just need better hardware. that CryEngine3 demo is running on some f*cking NASA computer, probably more powerfull than Ps4 and 720.

I highly doubt R* can make more realistic car damage physics than CryEngine 3 or Rigs of Rods, also, it doesn't take a supercomputer to run that.

Gta 4 damage wasn't preset. I remember that after a collision the steel mas touching the back tires and that made the movement slower, then after some seconds the tire exploded due to friction.

Amazing.

I think the car damage in IV was really pretty spot on for GTA in general. Although that video shows some pretty great stuff, for GTA that would be too much, yes it would be more realistic, and I am all for the realistic turn in IV, but it would be too much to have a shunt and total the car, in my opinion.

You can do some pretty rough things to cars in IV, violent enough crashes will cause stuck wheels and completely bent out of shape chassis let alone bodywork, as someone has mentioned. Although it is not true to life, I definitely think it is the right level for GTA... so yeah, although that is impressive, I hope it doesn't get too much more real than in IV... smile.gif

Gta 4 damage wasn't preset. I remember that after a collision the steel mas touching the back tires and that made the movement slower, then after some seconds the tire exploded due to friction.

Amazing.

It definitely was scripted damage. Not real time.

Thres still hope that GTA V will have a significantly improved physics engine for cars & bodies but will it rech this level?

Edited by Versous

This was posted in one of topic here on forums. And it got nothing to do with GTAV.

This was posted in one of topic here on forums. And it got nothing to do with GTAV.

If you put it that way, almost nothing in the GTA V section has something to do with GTA V...

all we do is speculate about things that could be in the game.