Area 69

_SMOKEY_

Since we can't assume the Las Venturas will be making a comeback, do you think we could expect Area 69 to be in the game? if not maybe a new military base? Personally, I really want it back into the game, only more detailed and bigger than the last time we saw it smile.gif If burglary is in the game, it would be awesome to break into the base and maybe hijack military/ Unknown vehicles and aircrafts.

what do you think?

I would welcome it's return, but I can't say I'm expecting it. It's too early to tell, but from GTAIV, it looks like they are starting to take themselves more seriously. Only time will tell.

I would honestly love it if it returned, but due to its setting of Los Santos and the surrounding countryside I don't think it's likely to make a comeback.

Edited by PieRGud

black people

pretty sure that a military base is going to be featured in the game. R*'s known for their attention to detail, and having a military fighter jet (the Hydra) just spawning at a regular civilian airport would be completely out of place, and R* knows that.

as to whether it will be called Area 69 or not, i have no idea.

There's a 99% chance of a military base in GTA V, especially since south california has several military bases near San Diego.

But whether area 69 will make a return, who knows confused.gif. And besides, how are they going to incorporate a top secret project like aliens or a jetpack into GTA V if they are going all serious?

There's a 99% chance of a military base in GTA V, especially since south california has several military bases near San Diego.

But whether area 69 will make a return, who knows confused.gif. And besides, how are they going to incorporate a top secret project like aliens or a jetpack into GTA V if they are going all serious?

Aliens? Hell no they would never. Jetpack? Dude, that's not so far-fetched. I don't understand why lots of people think it is unrealistic.

And who wasy it has to be aliens or a jetpack. Maybe the 'secret technology' could just simply be the Rhino and the Hydra.

And who wasy it has to be aliens or a jetpack. Maybe the 'secret technology' could just simply be the Rhino and the Hydra.

It could, but a tank or a fighter jet wouldn't really be much of a 'secret technology'. Any old military base could house such activity, you wouldn't need to include area 69 for just that.

we probably won't be seeing jetpacks, but this could be something we could find instead, probably near a luxurious beach house ]

sublimelabs

I don't see aliens or jetpacks being evident either, but what do you mean about "all serious"?

So far it seems much more light-hearted than GTA IV to me. That art style seen in the trailer is so colorful compared to GTA IV's gray tone, which fit the dark drama story. Stuff like the bum and man being shoved out of a night club leads me to believe that Rockstar will be a bit more open with its dark humor. tounge.gif

I'd love to see Area 69 make a return, as I'm crazy about Area 51 conspiracies and theories. I've always wanted a video game that had me working as an undercover employee working there, or something similar.

I'll be happy with any top-secret military base, though.

spiderman3000

R* went all out with San Andreas. They've set the bar pretty high then. Area 69 might make a return.. hidden somewhere deep

I dont think it will be returning, possibly for one of the missions to steal some sh*t from there but things like aliens wont feature in GTA V.

The biggest bases near Los Angeles are the Vandenberg Air Force Base near Santa Barbara and Edwards Air Force Base. These are not surrounded by conspiracies as Area 51, the inspiration for Area 69, but nonetheless offer fun for a mission or two. Vandenberg is a space launch complex and Edwards can land Space Shuttles, so perhaps Rockstar will do something with that. I could imagine Yusuf Amir wanting a Space Shuttle for his dad.

I feel GTA V will find the balance between realism and ludicrous. TBoGT really showed that Rockstar wants to find that balance instead of going full-out realistic as in GTA IV. It did it in a way that was realistic. In San Andreas the entire world was ludicrous and a thinly-veiled parody of real-life. In TBoGT the world was realistic and the story pretty down-to-earth but it was the excentric characters that caused ludicrous things to happen (like Yusuf Amir). That balance allows for a realistic and dramatic crime story to be told as well as the freedom to do crazy things on the side.

There don't even have to be visual aliens at this military base for it to have a similar conspiracy-theory air as Area 69 did. Let's say Yusuf would have a mission in the game and that he wanted a Space Shuttle. If Yusuf was with you while you were infiltrating the base and he would blab on about the 'Alien sh*t they keep at his base, my N*gga', and you then stole the Space Shuttle then the atmosphere would feel just as nutty as it would if you had been attacked by horde Grey aliens.

Colonel Dre

The Star Child from Mass Effect 3 will answer your questions.

Space magic

Since we can't assume the Las Venturas will be making a comeback, do you think we could expect Area 69 to be in the game? if not maybe a new military base? Personally, I really want it back into the game, only more detailed and bigger than the last time we saw it smile.gif If burglary is in the game, it would be awesome to break into the base and maybe hijack military/ Unknown vehicles and aircrafts.

what do you think?

I doubt Area 69 will be in the game since it's based on Area 51 which is in Nevada.

However there is an air force base not far from LA, so my guess is that this base will be in the game.

user posted image

user posted image

G1T

ThirstyHyena

I would love to see it back, maybe this time we could get to steal a drone or something.

There's a 99% chance of a military base in GTA V, especially since south california has several military bases near San Diego. user posted image

GroveStreetHomie
V is set in Los Santos, not in Las Venturas.

V is set in whole san andreas Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Venturas & the Deasert.

"We already know who the f*cking bad guys are man. Your stinking Grove Street brother Smoke and those chota pigs Tenpenny and Pulaski!"

―Cesar Vialpando

87% of all statistics on the internet are made up.

That being said, some form of military presence it not unlikely. Maybe an entire base, thoug I'd expect something more like an Amph-Assault-ship off the coast. That'd give you a Hydra, some helicopters, maybe some kind of amphibious armored vehicle.

I should be extremely surprised at an Area 69-like location however, in terms of secret research and whatnot.

Ispintechno

Area 69 I would say is certainly out as it's based on Groom Lake's famous Area 51 in Nevada. It fit into GTA SA.

This time round I really hope for a military installation like Edwards, time will tell. If the Hydra is in the game and other military type vehicles it seems as though we will have a really good chance of getting it unless they only come out of now where with a high wanted level or cheat code. confused.gif

A fixed aircraft carrier in the ocean could be another location, but i would expect F/A-18 Super Hornets more than what we saw in the trailer (F-35/Hydra), although a Navy F-35 is also possible (no S/VTOL).

In a way it would be AMAAAAZING for multiplayer if we had both.

dont_feed_the_troll
R* went all out with San Andreas. They've set the bar pretty high then. Area 69 might make a return.. hidden somewhere deep

I can agree with that.

V is set in whole san andreas Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Venturas & the Deasert.

suicidal.gif

It's set in a re-imagined Southern California which includes Los Santos and it's surrounding area.

Nope.

enjoithepain

If it does make a return, I think it would be cool to have it really really hard to find.

Some people might find this annoying, but i think it would add to the realism and it would add to the fun of exploring

Darkshade12
I could imagine Yusuf Amir wanting a Space Shuttle for his dad.

Oh god yes! A mission like that would be epic on a scale i couldn't image. I hope there is some kind of military presence in that game though, judging by the military jet in the trailer i'd say there is a military base otherwise where would it come from? I doubt they would keep it at a regular civilian airport.

If there is Las Venturas whether it's in the original GTA V or as a DLC (which is what I think will happen) then I would love to see Area 69 come back.. I use to love that quirkiness about SA and I hope that they bring that "feel" back with the more realistic settings as well..

If it does return, which i hope and think a military base will be in GTA V, maybe there will also be a National Guard Armory on the other side of the map with only humvees and Blackhawks without mounted weapons on the Blackhawks. There should be two things done for online multiplayer if there is a Military Base: #1 have multiple military uniforms. #2: Have all Military Vehicles spawn on multiplayer.