Random/Unscripted Events

weapnsdealer

weapnsdealer

The Random events in RDR were great, but after awhile they were a bit predictable and repetive (someone hanging, running away from wolves, zombie woman tied to tree, etc, etc) and in GTA 4, I really dont beleive there were enough of them.

One of the greatest "random events" that happened in GTA 4 for me happened while I was away from the TV. Long story short I was walking down the street, left the room for a smoke and came back and saw carnage and bodies everywhere and I had almost no health, and when I punched some guy in a group of guy staring at me they all pulled out a weapon and killed me. First greatest thing I had seen in GTA minus the first car I saw explode.

ANYWAY, I want people opinions and ideas on UNSCRIPTED events for GTA V and how they change the experience of the game. Do you like them, hate them, want more of them or dont care.

I personally really like random events in the R* games, but GTA 4 didnt have enough. I want to see cops flash their red and blues at people and want to see if the NPC will pull over, run away, or start shooting. I want to see more fights on the street, more gunfire, more Ambulances healing people sporatically, and maybe even a car fire here and there. All of these make the whole game feel more alive and make it even deeper, and truly make it so that no one ever sees or experiences the game the same way.

Other events that might be cool to see: random drive bys that can affect you, crazy person with a sniper on a roof, more car accidents, and even bum fights in back allies. Random car chases whizzing by you and even seeing people getting mugged or stabbed.

The random events and possibilities are endless.

Thoughts?

GroveStRoamer

Seeing a random Gang war or police chase would be sweet, sorta like in SA Where gang members would always kill each other and insult the other set

G1T

I think it would be cool to see random gangsters killin cops, like when your driving up to pay the toll, the person in front of you shoots the cop in the head and drives off, and then a ton of police set off after him, and if you catch him before the police does, they pay you.

this should happen at other places to like burger shot, hot dog stands, strip clubs, etc.

maybe there could be huge police and gangster shoots outs to with like 20-40 gangsters against like 10 cops, and if you stop to help and kill them all you get a nice bit of cash.

I think if GTA V does have random though, there should be an option to turn them off, that way you don't get bothered when all you wanna do is just cruise around the city or start rampages and stuff like that.

chokeslamcena

It'd be pretty cool, alright, if every now and again you'd see a Police car or Fire truck or such trying to fight it's way through traffic, with sirens blaring and lights flashing.

Police diversions every now and again would be pretty cool too. Having roads blocked off every now and again (you could still smash through if you wanted, but if you were to obey the law, you'd have to be detoured). Obviously you wouldn't want this to be a common thing though, as it'd get annoying rather fast, but as a rare occurrence it'd be kinda cool, I reckon.

This was my favourite part about RDR, and I'm really sure they'll add it into the game. Here's some stuff I'd like to see as unscripted events:

- Car Accidents: I think it would awesome to see other people crash in the game rather than just the player. they could be as small as an old woman trying to parrallel park and bumping into the car behind, or as large as multi-vehicle pileups on the freeway.

- Car jackings: Depending on the car you are driving, if you leave it in certain areas, like the ghetto, and places with high crime levels, you could be car jacked, and maybe even if you're still in the car waiting at a traffic light.

- Gang shootouts: Imagine if you're driving around in gang territory, then seeing a car filled with opposing gang members swerves around the corner and starts doing a drive by on a group of gangsters

-Muggings/ Robberies

- Street racing/ Joy riding

- Police pursuits, Traffic stops, arrests...

- paramedics putting people on stretchers

- firefighters entering burning buildings

- drunk drivers

the things that could happen are endless smile.gif

oh idk if you've ever experienced the random planes falling from the sky in GTA SA, im not sure if those were unscripted events but they should come back smile.gif

weapnsdealer

- Car jackings: Depending on the car you are driving, if you leave it in certain areas, like the ghetto, and places with high crime levels, you could be car jacked, and maybe even if you're still in the car waiting at a traffic light.

oh idk if you've ever experienced the random planes falling from the sky in GTA SA, im not sure if those were unscripted events but they should come back smile.gif

Who waits at traffic lights in GTA? hahaha.

and yeah i got to see a few planes fall in SA, pretty fun.

A few times in GTA 4 during police pursuits helicopter would run into buildings above me and crash either on me or very close, the first thing i notice is the SWAT guys falling and then the helicopter. And sometimes ive seen people die from getting rear ended by other NPCs randomly, but thats not really action.

The best though was when I fired an RPG at a cop car, but it ricocheted off the ground, did the same off the windscreen of the car and did a large loop and game back and exploded right next to me. More NPCs need to have RPGs...

Who waits at traffic lights in GTA? hahaha.

and yeah i got to see a few planes fall in SA, pretty fun.

A few times in GTA 4 during police pursuits helicopter would run into buildings above me and crash either on me or very close, the first thing i notice is the SWAT guys falling and then the helicopter. And sometimes ive seen people die from getting rear ended by other NPCs randomly, but thats not really action.

The best though was when I fired an RPG at a cop car, but it ricocheted off the ground, did the same off the windscreen of the car and did a large loop and game back and exploded right next to me. More NPCs need to have RPGs...

lol sometimes I like to drive normally, dont judge me tounge.gif

xAvenged7x

What I hated, was when the cops were shooting at someone, and I try to help them out and shoot the guy, I get a wanted level.

So now, when the cops are bringing someone to their police car, I run the cop over and let the guy go free.

I felt GTA IV's rendition of "the worst place in America" was a serious overstatement. I never felt threatened or in danger. The crime levels were abysmally little, the most dangerous criminals carried nothing but hidden pistols, and I never saw a single NPC carjack!!

I mean the games called grand theft auto, yet there was very little stealing going on in the game at all...

Harwood Butch3r

How about some random events out in the wilderness?

My ideas..

-Some guy being mauled by a bear.

- A KKK rally out in the middle of no where.

- Someone falling out of the sky from a failed parachute/hangglider.

How about some random events out in the wilderness?

My ideas..

-Some guy being mauled by a bear.

- A KKK rally out in the middle of no where.

- Someone falling out of the sky from a failed parachute/hangglider.

icon14.gif

- seeing bears and other predatory animals hunting deer and stuff

- seeing other people pulled over because their car broke down in the middle of nowhere

- Hitchhikers, some who genuinely need a ride back home, while others will attack you once they get the chance, maybe with an axe, shotgun or knife

- rednecks doing target practice on farms

Harwood Butch3r

- Hitchhikers, some who genuinely need a ride back home, while others will attack you once they get the chance, maybe with an axe, shotgun or knife

That would be awesome. One thing I was always weary of were those people in RDR wanting assistance, but 9 times out of 10 they would always attack.

Anyway it would be ifs sometimes we'd take them to a town or somewhere a bit suspicious like an abandoned farm or something. Hell they could just attack us straight away as you said.

Edited by Miamivicecity

Racecarlock

Picture this.

You're out in one of the fields or farms that are part of the "Surrounding countryside". You're just walking along or hiding there or something when suddenly, you see a plane. A plane headed straight for your field. So you get out of the way of where it appears to be landing, then you see it land. A yellow slide emerges from one of the doors, and people slide out. You've just witnessed an emergency landing.

You're welcome.

Drakulbites

I'd like to see random events.

- A guy threatening to jump off a building or out a window. This can start at one of multiple points in the scenario. Sometimes you'll see it starting with the guy on the ledge and people on the street pointing up. Other times you'll come across it when the police have already turned up, barricades set up, a crowd gathering etc. Sometimes you'll turn up just as the guy jumps or is taken down safely. You could do a few things here, as the player. You could watch it unfold, you could take out the crowd of people or you could sneak onto the roof, sneak up behind the guy and just push him.

If they did this event, they'd need a very impressive "female witness" scream when the guy actually jumps. Though, he wouldn't jump everytime.

- During thunderstorms, have a very very slim chance of lightning striking. It could strike a tree and start a fire, it could strike an NPC and make them burst into flame or just kill them. Maybe it could strike the player once in a million times and do some damage. Maybe make you black out for so many ingame hours?

I'll think of more later, no doubt.

A parachuter getting pulled into the engine of a jet or hit head on by one would freakin' awesome.

TheBossMan5000

I think it would be cool to see random gangsters killin cops, like when your driving up to pay the toll, the person in front of you shoots the cop in the head and drives off, and then a ton of police set off after him, and if you catch him before the police does, they pay you.

Yeah, what I HATED about IV was that you would find police officers on foot chasing a perp, but if you catch up to the guy and punch him to help the cop, the cop would immediately start going after you and just let the other guy walk away, bullsh*t

EDIT: just saw this was mentioned already, my bad

Edited by TheBossMan5000

ResidentPSYCHO

Great ideas people. I like the police car missions in IV where you have to stop stolen vehicles and gang activity as it brings the world alive, you do get a wanted level which is a shame but if you successfully kill the bad guys the wanted level is cleared. However I would love it even more if these events happen all around you randomly. Things like strangers asking for a lift/help are very cool even if they do end up with you killing someone.

It'd be pretty cool, alright, if every now and again you'd see a Police car or Fire truck or such trying to fight it's way through traffic, with sirens blaring and lights flashing.

user posted image

mikecyclexxx

I think V definatley needs more random events. to me it seems that GTA used to have so so many and they decrease as more sequels are made.

As for the whole "helping the cops and punching the bad dude" thing, does no one remember VC when, if you ounched someone the cops were chasing you'd get a "good citizen bonus" or something along those lines? I think that should return. Along with the plane crashes from SA, the random gang shootings, drive bys, car jackings and all that.

I can't remember who said it, but rockstar definatley didn't do justice to "the worst place in america", kinda makes me think V will be full of pussys, and no one but the protag will actually be a criminal. I mean, there were a few bikies here and there that would start shooting you back if you shot them first but come on. Look at SA, heaps of random crimes and such and it was just so much more in depth.

I love playing IV still to this day, and no i'm not just an SA fanboy. My first game i ever owned was GTA2, yes i may only be 20 but i've been playing GTA since i was what, 7? And I haven't gone mental and gone on any rampages(haha get it, rampages? anyone remember those? i miss them sad.gif.)

Honestly, as much as I hate saying this, I think GTA is losing it's touch sad.gif.

BirthOfMayhem

I agree with everything said. Police chases, drive-bys, NPC car breakdowns, Fire truck responces, NPC's hailing taxies, pickpocketing, drunk NPC's outside bars, bank robberies(by NPC's), carjackings. They would all be neat little additions to the game that would make it so much better.

dont_feed_the_troll

There should be a random plane crash every 60 ingame days,but they would be at a different place each time.

Lock n' Stock

I'd personally like to see large crimes. In GTA IV all you saw was cops chasing gang members. I want to see be able to witness bigger crimes like intense car chases, gun fights, bank robberies and perhaps even acts of terrorism if there's (hopefully) destructible environments.

There could also be scripted accidents like tragic vehicle collisions and people getting killed in the process. Ambulances could arrive a short period afterwards. I'd personally like to see a suicidal person jumping off a tall skyscraper while people below watch in horror.

Bump

Bump for only 40min? :S

Anyway, back on topic... Drunk people on streets jaywalking all over the place.

Lock n' Stock
Bump for only 40min? :S

I know it's ridiculous, I just wanted to know what people thought of my idea.

WhiteArcticFox

HAHAHAHA ... Oh god, that reminds me when I was driving up the big mountain, don't know its name, but I was in an RV and I was going to do the mountain bike race, as I was going up I heard an airplane flying past, didn't see it though, then there was an explosion, didn't see that either, then after half a minute of driving upwards, I see a plane wreckage blocking the road, couldn't get past it, couldn't push it away, all I could do was drive down and take the other route up

suicidal.gif

smokeysmokeonsmoke

Agreed with pretty much everything said

- Muggings happening to protagonist now and then and to NPC's

- Street fights between NPC (sometimes a larger group jumping 1 or a smaller group of guys) and sometimes people attack you instead of you always having to start a fight with them.

- Stabbings and Shootings happening between NPC and also to protagonist now and then

- Shop robberies/bank robberies NPC will rob a shop and you can watch him/them or kill them (protag should also be able to do this for extra cash)

- Drug dealing on streets in gang areas Playable character should also be able to buy sell and take drugs too.

- Car chases not involving main character and car jackings

- Gang executions happening in alley ways at night randomly

- Drunk people causing mayhem falling over

- People having sex in alley ways outside clubs (now that's realistic)

That's a few of my ideas I would like to see. Also hopefully NPC's will be different than before some guys are tougher and have better punches than others like in real life.