GTA V will sell 14million copies at first week

r34ld34l

Sterne Agee's Arvind Bhatia told investors recently that he thinks Grand Theft Auto V will sell more at launch than Grand Theft Auto IV did in its first year.

He went on to predict that Grand Theft Auto V will bring in $700 million in revenue for Take-Two, and that it would appear in the first three months of 2013. One of the last hints we heard about GTAV's release was that it would be out this year.

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive...-at-launch.aspx

I could see it selling that much within the first week of release, but probably not on the day of it's release.

fastetshot

I dont really expect to sell that much on the first day but it will be great to have it before march 31...

ShotGunRain

user posted image

Impossible even Call Of Duty can't hit that much, plus people are more interested in new God Of War and Assassins Creed instead of GTA V.

GTAxYushix

Well... 14 million, I expect that the 1st day.

But if R* continues like this no info thing it wont.

looks like everyone here is an analyst, seeing how we figured that out from the conference tounge2.gif

blafernable_unit2

Impossible even Call Of Duty can't hit that much, plus people are more interested in new God Of War and Assassins Creed instead of GTA V.

Yeah i'm sure sarcasm.gif

Plus just look at the GTAV trailer on youtube it gets comments like every three seconds not to mention R* only showed a taste of GTAV imagine when they show more then suddenly you'lll realize 14 million on launch is not only likely but guaranteed

Edited by blafernable_unit2
G1T

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 currently holds the record with 12 million copies sold in the first week, pulling in $738 million. I don't know if GTA V will be able to top that.

For the record, GTA IV sold 6 million copies in its first week with $500 million in revenue, breaking the current record of the day. But back then the 360 and PS3 had much smaller install bases. Today, the Xbox 360 has sold more than 67 million units and the PS3 is also up there with over 63 million consoles sold, so GTA V should see a substantially larger opening week. But back at its release, there was no bigger game. In those four following years, Call of Duty has really taken off and become somewhat of an unstoppable force. GTA really deserves the top spot though, because no other developer can match the quality that Rockstar pumps out with every release.

Edited by Isuck100%

Indeed.

You underestimate GTA's popularity. Call Of Duty has the new generation gamer market, the casual and the hardcore, However GTA has all those markets plus a hell of a lot of gamers who don't like FPS's. To some, like me, this defines my favorite type of game. I have been a member of many forums but none have had such a mixed group of people like this who all share a love for GTA. It's not a competitive game like CoD with huge multilayer focus K/D ratios etc Its a game everyone gets there own fun out of (with multi-player as well). Everyone I know with a console will buy GTA V, not everyone I know will get Black Ops 2 or have MW3.

Edited by DeeperRed

user posted image

GTA IV sold 6 million copies its first week. Literally 100 million more 360/PS3 consoles have sold since 2008! If you grow GTA by the same percentage, GTA V it should sell 26 million the first week.

Shreddy Krueger

Well, if the game launches across PS3, Xbox, AND PC. It certainly has potential to sell quite a few million. Take a look at MP3, I think it sold 3 million in maybe 3 days? 14 million on launch day does sounds like a tall order to fill. at $70 a game, that's just under 1 billion dollars. Over a few weeks I'd say that's definietly possible, but on launch day, I don't know. Seems pretty excessive.

Well, if the game launches across PS3, Xbox, AND PC. It certainly has potential to sell quite a few million. Take a look at MP3, I think it sold 3 million in maybe 3 days? 14 million on launch day does sounds like a tall order to fill. at $70 a game, that's just under 1 billion dollars. Over a few weeks I'd say that's definietly possible, but on launch day, I don't know. Seems pretty excessive.

It said over a week. If Max Payne sold 3 million in 3 days then I have no reason to doubt 14 million for GTA V in a week.

How many of those copies of Max Payne do you think were sold because people heard that the it was by the same company as GTA ? I reckon quite a few as there are a whole bunch of gamers who came this generation who probably not even heard of the Max Payne series before.

user posted image

Shreddy Krueger

It said over a week. If Max Payne sold 3 million in 3 days then I have no reason to doubt 14 million for GTA V in a week.

How many of those copies of Max Payne do you think were sold because people heard that the it was by the same company as GTA ? I reckon quite a few as there are a whole bunch of gamers who came this generation who probably not even heard of the Max Payne series before.

Okay my apologies, 14 mil in a week. I misread the title. Yeah that does seem more plausible. I could definitely see that happening if all goes well and there are no major glitches in the gameplay (there won't be, it's R* we're talkin about here!)

I do agree that some people may have blindly bought MP because it had the R* logo on it, which I don't think is a bad thing. Hell it's the reason I bought RDR (I hate western anything, but ended up loving RDR). I'm also guessing there were a lot of "older" gamers, like myself, who were aware of the old MP series and knew what potential this game had.

For the newer, younger fans who bought this game on a whim because it was made by R*, hopefully this will make them buy the older MP games, which R* now owns, and will generate some more $$ for TTWO as well.

That's 840 million dollars in 7 days. Two weeks and they'll surely meet their estimates for this fiscal year.

GTAknowledge

Indeed.

You underestimate GTA's popularity. Call Of Duty has the new generation gamer market, the casual and the hardcore, However GTA has all those markets plus a hell of a lot of gamers who don't like FPS's. To some, like me, this defines my favorite type of game. I have been a member of many forums but none have had such a mixed group of people like this who all share a love for GTA. It's not a competitive game like CoD with huge multilayer focus K/D ratios etc Its a game everyone gets there own fun out of (with multi-player as well). Everyone I know with a console will buy GTA V, not everyone I know will get Black Ops 2 or have MW3.

I don't think gta dominates the newer generation gamer market.

It has been 4-5 years since gta IV. It will have caused some damage, especially since IV wasn't really a "fun" game.

Example: I have a little cousin who used to always play San Andreas on my pc when he was like 8-9 years old (in 2007). It was fun for him. Now he is around 12-13. He played IV and found it boring. As of last year he discovered COD and has been playing all the newer ones since. Given the less fun in IV and the long wait, he has totoally forgotten and lost all interest in gta.

Edited by GTAknowledge

Indeed.

I don't think gta dominates the newer generation gamer market.

It has been 4-5 years since gta IV. It will have caused some damage, especially since IV wasn't really a "fun" game.

Example: I have a little cousin who used to always play San Andreas on my pc when he was like 8-9 years old (in 2007). It was fun for him. Now he is around 12-13. He played IV and found it boring. As of last year he discovered COD and has been playing all the newer ones since. Given the less fun in IV and the long wait, he has totoally forgotten and lost all interest in gta.

People see GTA as more of a brand as a whole then base it off there last game. When the adverts go out and how wild it is the hype will build and the game will sell.

Just look at Max Paynes sales, 3 million in 3 days. How many 12-13 old bought that on the experience they had with Max Payne 1/2 ?

user posted image

It will sell millions of copy... When Rockstar finally decide to hype GTA V they'll drop bits of new info every week and the gamers will be crazy, starving for every piece of information about the game. It will probably outsell GTA IV before the release date. 14 millions seens possible. But it'll depend on the hype and the game itself.

GTA IV sold 6 million copies its first week.  Literally 100 million more 360/PS3 consoles have sold since 2008!  If you grow GTA by the same percentage, GTA V it should sell 26 million the first week.

This.

GTA definitely has the potential to get number one spot again, ESPECIALLY if it gets released in October, before all the Nov releases hits stores like Blops 2

Today the Xbox 360 has sold more than 67 million consoles .....

Half of them broke down smile.giftounge.gif

MartisKaneem

Its obvious that they will sell 14 million copies, I believe that even 15 is possible. Its one of the best games ever made, and it has such a big fan base.

That's 840 million dollars in 7 days. Two weeks and they'll surely meet their estimates for this fiscal year.

Games are a resale business. Take-Two makes its money when it ships the game to stores, that's why they reported shipping 3 million copies of Max Payne 3 but nobody knows how many of those actually sold through. That's also why moving Max Payne 3 out of March had a big effect even though March was the end of the fiscal year. They'd have counted all the copies shipped in March to sell in April.

Well they have 2 copies sold here, and as far as COD I have played them and it's the same story in a different wrapper.

Sunrise Driver

plus people are more interested in new God Of War and Assassins Creed instead of GTA V.

suicidal.gifbored.gifyin-yang.gif

AC3 is good but not so good and GoW 4 is mediocre game.