editing Voice ivaud files?

Helpinghand

Helpinghand

Hello GTAF smile.gif ,

I have a quick question...Is it possible to edit ped voice files yet?

Thanks,

Helpinghand

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently wondered about the same thing. I have yet to find a decent program that can properly extract ivaud speech files. The IVAUD extraction program that is out now can not do speech for some reason. The author never finished v1.2 apparently.

PacketOverload_x64bit

Sound modding will explode when iVAUD's author make the ability to import dual-channel sounds back into IV. Easy to make left / right music / audio but importing them back doesn't work. A shame really.

Voice, why not take speech from movies etc and alter pitch and eq? Sony Vegas can do that...Adobe Audition etc. Generating voice in the next 5-10 years still won't be good to match real speech. smile.gif

-Packet

Helpinghand

Thanks for the input Packet smile.gif

Its only that i wish it was ingame no in a video (or am i misunderstanding you?)

The reason I want this to work is not for re-importing any files. I want to extract all the voices for Niko so that I can use them in GTA movies and what not. I remember doing something similar with Half Life and the train narrator. You could then essentially make Niko say anything you want, within reason, to some custom videos. I do not want to re-make all of this words in his speech by recording everything he says in single player, it comes out like crap that way since there is back ground noise.