Completed DFF, TXD Crash game on import.

abuckyboy

Hello, I have recently encountered a problem with my model. I have made it into the correct type but yet vice city crashes whenever I place it into the ide / ipl Using Med.

Also, simply adding the .col file crashes the game just by being in the gta3.img

If you are curious You can look at the model, texture, and col, bundled -->HERE<--

Mesh: [image]

Render: [image]

In Med: [image]

Here are the cases where I have problems:

If the collision file is placed in the gta3.img it will crash the game. (is the collision file incorrect?"

If you only place the dff and txd with the gta3.img the game will run. However if you place it into the world via Med it will crash the game as it tries to load the ide /ipl. (is the dff file incorrect?)

I would really appreciate some help by anyone who knows the dff and col formats well. I am hoping to make a really nice total conversion mod in the future but there are many bumps that seem to occur. I am still new to gta modding.

Also, if you wouldn't mind speaking with my on skype to help me through it, it would be most helpful, and I would love to meet

some of you modders so that we may create a wonderful project together possibly.

Edited by abuckyboy

Hello, I have recently encountered a problem with my model. I have made it into the correct type but yet vice city crashes whenever I place it into the ide / ipl Using Med.

Also, simply adding the .col file crashes the game just by being in the gta3.img

If you are curious You can look at the model, texture, and col, bundled -->HERE<--

If the collision file is placed in the gta3.img it will crash the game. (is the collision file incorrect?"

If you only place the dff and txd with the gta3.img the game will run. However if you place it into the world via Med it will crash the game as it tries to load the ide /ipl. (is the dff file incorrect?)

I would really appreciate some help by anyone who knows the dff and col formats well. I am hoping to make a really nice total conversion mod in the future but there are many bumps that seem to occur. I am still new to gta modding.

Also, if you wouldn't mind speaking with my on skype to help me through it, it would be most helpful, and I would love to meet

some of you modders so that we may create a wonderful project together possibly.

First. Using 3dsm model and texture you mesh in appropriate way.

Second. Add vertex prelighing if neccesary.

Third. Export .DFF with ticked vertex color box if you prelighted model.

Fourth. Make simplified model of this mesh, to have a .COL model for it. It is important NOT to exceed 2000 polygons on .COL, otherwise game will not handle it, highly possible crash.

Fifth. Export .COL with the same internal name for .cst file as name of exported .dff model.

Sixth. Add "any_name" folder to ..\DATA\MAPS\ then create "any_name".IDE file (with the same name to simplify things up), contaning definition of model you want to have in game, then create "any_name".IPL file with placement coords for it.

Seventh. Place the same named "any_name".COL file in ..\DATA\MAPS\"any_name" directory. AND this is the only way that .COL file place can be placed in!! NOT in gta3.img!!

Eight. Add appropriate lines to gta_vc.dat file so .IDe, .IPL and .COL files can be loaded by game correctly.

supergtaguy1234

First. Using 3dsm model and texture you mesh in appropriate way.

Second. Add vertex prelighing if neccesary.

Third. Export .DFF with ticked vertex color box if you prelighted model.

Fourth. Make simplified model of this mesh, to have a .COL model for it. It is important NOT to exceed 2000 polygons on .COL, otherwise game will not handle it, highly possible crash.

Fifth. Export .COL with the same internal name for .cst file as name of exported .dff model.

Sixth. Add "any_name" folder to ..\DATA\MAPS\ then create "any_name".IDE file (with the same name to simplify things up), contaning definition of model you want to have in game, then create "any_name".IPL file with placement coords for it.

Seventh. Place the same named "any_name".COL file in ..\DATA\MAPS\"any_name" directory. AND this is the only way that .COL file place can be placed in!! NOT in gta3.img!!

Eight. Add appropriate lines to gta_vc.dat file so .IDe, .IPL and .COL files can be loaded by game correctly.

I checked the dff and txd its the col file its way too big

thanks guys, I fixed the problems! I got my models working and I'm on my way to making a new island!