Is 2405 too obvious at this point?

œaœa

I'm hoping for new info just as much as the next guy. However, I don't want to end up being disappointed. For example, before V was announced, a lot of people thought we would get something on GTA III's ten year anniversary, October 23rd. The 24th comes around and people are starting to lose hope. October 25th hits and R* shocked the world. I hope we will get info on thursday, but on the other hand I feel like we're setting ourselves up for dissapointment. There is also a good chance at the trailer premiering at E3

HydraulicWaRiOr

I would suggest refraining from 2405 topics. Apparently, mods don't like them.

[supreme]

Harwood Butch3r

I've said this all along. I genuinely believe R* will use a surprise attack again.

9 times out of 10 predictions never come true. 24/5 will just be a date everyone will be disappointed with, but maybe that's R*'s plan? Let everyone assumes it actually means something and when it's not hit us when we least expect it.

GTA36362355

The V section smells like cum these days. Damn the new found puberty of the kids around here.

@Op I say before E3, they love to steal the thunder.

Edited by deepthroatgta6

jackass2009

You know, not every person who plays Grand Theft Auto is on a forum all day reading about crazy "leaks" and theories, right? No, it's not too "obvious".

Personally I believe 2405 is just an easter egg in-game (for houser's birthday) which just happens to appear in the trailer several times. Just like the number 69.

Ispintechno

The timing I think is right for more GTA news/trailer/marketing, but I personally don't think R* encrypted news/trailer dates into the previous trailer that coincidentally might be the Birthday of one of the games creators... seems far fetched and overly elaborate. We really haven't evidence of this ever happening. Yet, a couple times a year some big day passes that people expect something and it turns into disappointment.

I think we'll get a something very soon, it is due, but the odds of it falling on us Thursday is equal to any other day.

Maybe R* will do something for the fans as they know about this May 24 thing, hell it's all over the comments section anywhere they go. If they ignore it I think it will say as much about them as a new trailer would say about GTAV. So it could go either way as far as getting some kind of reaction/statement, but it wouldn't be enough to pull a trailer early IMO.

I'm a bit worried as all summer long its MP3 DLCs... that isn't over, but at least the big game release part is (PC aside), so what would be stopping the flow of GTAV hype now?

Personally I believe 2405 is just an easter egg in-game (for houser's birthday) which just happens to appear in the trailer several times. Just like the number 69.

6/9/12!

That's it!

But seriously, it's gonna be an exciting few weeks

Edited by grozza

I've said this all along. I genuinely believe R* will use a surprise attack again.

9 times out of 10 predictions never come true. 24/5 will just be a date everyone will be disappointed with, but maybe that's R*'s plan? Let everyone assumes it actually means something and when it's not hit us when we least expect it.

Perhaps this is a quasi-self-fulfuing prophecy; those numbers meant nothing before, but a few internal delays and suddenly those numbers will work out to actually be of use to R*.

@Op I say before E3, they love to steal the thunder.

I agree.

Not on 05/24 but a day or two before E3

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Here's the thing, there are five (5) references to 2.4.0.5 in the trailer, so we have 5 references and this is gta 5.

Why did Rockstar do this 2.4.0.5 thing?

I can see one of 4 things that will happen 24th May -

1. Nothing at all, back to reality

2. We get a new message from R*

3. Trailer 2# is born, pandamonium

4. Nothing, but trailer 2# emerges June 5th @E3

Honestly. if R* doesn't say anything at all about Grand Theft Auto V all through June and July, then I'm going to assume GTA V was a made up phoney to lure fans into Max Payne 3 which from my point of view is a very darstardly deed and the lowest way of marketing a product that is in no way gta related. So I give them until the end of July and then I'm giving up on waiting for news.

Lucky Sevens

Don't Americans write their dates the arse about way, like today is 0523 not 2305?

It stands to reason if they were to place a date within the trailer, it would of been written arse about.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
Don't Americans write their dates the arse about way, like today is 0523 not 2305?

It stands to reason if they were to place a date within the trailer, it would of been written arse about.

The game is made by English, not Americans and there is 12 months in a year, not 24

The game is made by English, not Americans and there is 12 months in a year, not 24

Maybe on May 24th, we will get the new info of GTA V in British Time instead of Eastern Time

scotland4life

It's made by the Scottish. dozingoff.gif

God almighty, the ignorance of some people.

We get English, England,Europe, Great Britain, UK, ect confused. Some Americans think you just make those up as you go along. moto_whistle.gif

Lucky Sevens

Regardless of who makes it, the game is a spoof of the American way of life.

Dates and everything else in game are always written in the American 'arse about' way.

That's why the 1102 clue was written 1102, and not 0211.

CubA_iLL_BrothA

I'm a believer but at the same time, I'm not counting on 2405 because E3, GameInformer or something unexpected like usual.

It'll be half a year since the First Trailer. It have to be something coming! icon14.gif

Is The Big Bang Theory too obvious at this point? (No not the show) Same kind of answer.

It is quite evident, yes, but by no means would I say it is 'too obvious', whatever that even means. After examining all of the clues that point towards 2405, there is no chance in hell that it is too good to be true.

xUSMC SSGTx

No actually we write it the CORRECT way. You guys are the ones who are äss-backwards.

user posted image

CubA_iLL_BrothA

I'm a believer but at the same time, I'm not counting on 2405 because E3, GameInformer or something unexpected like usual.

It'll be half a year since the First Trailer. It have to be something coming!

Like I said in another thread, I think it was made obvious for a reason. My personal hypothesis is that it was supposed to be the original release date, but obviously that tanked as usual with predicted release dates. I think that they built up a lot of hoopla for this date, and at least some kind of short and concise summary of the story like "Tommy Vercetti fights for control of Vice City" or some sh*t like that. A new trailer is possible too.

Lucky Sevens

No actually we write it the CORRECT way. You guys are the ones who are äss-backwards.

I was waiting for that sort of reply. cool.gif

We are all the backwards ones!

Funny place America, won't convert to metric, drive on the wrong side of the road to the rest of the world, write their dates the arse about way, so on and so forth.

Funny place America, won't convert to metric, drive on the wrong side of the road to the rest of the world, write their dates the arse about way, so on and so forth.

Also us Canadians, therefore it must be correct since we are the most developed countries. icon14.gif

HydraulicWaRiOr

Dan Houser is Scottish I believe.

[supreme]

Lucky Sevens

Also us Canadians, therefore it must be correct since we are the most developed countries. icon14.gif

lol, I don't see how any of it relates to development, for which btw, Australia in there 225 years have developed quicker than any nation.

Death2Drugs

Dan Houser is Scottish I believe.

[supreme]

He's actually English.

GTAknowledge

It is in rockstar's best interest to release something on the 24th.

The reason is that much of the hype for gta games is built through fans analyzing videos and pictures. If they ignore our efforts it will lead to future fans not bothering to analysis the trailers because nothing in them means anything.

If they give us something on the 24th it will encourage fans to continue to analyze trailers knowing something of significance can be found in them (and thus create more hype). icon14.gif

I think it's hardly assbackwards to post a date as 5/24/2012 It makes hella Sense!!

We had over 1000 people viewing this afternoon, you'd think this magical numerical date was today!