Alpha texture dictionaries

Metapyziks

Metapyziks

Is there a way to tell which dictionary contains the alpha mask textures used by an object?

The vast majority of object definitions that have models using alpha textures seems to point to a texture dictionary that doesn't have the alpha mask texture in. I might be parsing the files wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've done it correctly since I have parsed dictionaries that contain both alpha textures and diffuse textures, and can see them fine.

I don't want to have to resort to loading every dxt in order to find the missing alpha textures.

Is there a way to tell which dictionary contains the alpha mask textures used by an object?

The vast majority of object definitions that have models using alpha textures seems to point to a texture dictionary that doesn't have the alpha mask texture in. I might be parsing the files wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've done it correctly since I have parsed dictionaries that contain both alpha textures and diffuse textures, and can see them fine.

I don't want to have to resort to loading every dxt in order to find the missing alpha textures.

It's always one txd dictonary which is assigned to the object and it's written in the ide line of *.ide files

id number, modelname, txd dictonary, draw distance, flag

Your problem can be caused if another txd dictonary exist with same name

In addition is it possible to make an object transparent without using alpha texture:

In material editor of 3dmax are 2 buttons to assigne material and textures

you can let the texture assignment for alpha blank but set the hook and set the alpha value to 250 or less