social club and steam :(

jagdryan

i bought the game a few days ago tho steam.. i downloaded and installed.. i had to fix games for windows live it would not let me log in finaly now i fix it but social club still show the play online button fadded out.. so i try to update it my self and i have to redownload the game.. i download the other 1 witch installes in the rockstar folder under programsx 86 i can sign in with that 1 put when i hit play it brings up the 1 that came with steam thats faded out and can't play online.. i open the ports for it i disable firewalls..

my os is windows 7 64 bit

user posted image

hmm when i try to update it my self it deletes the game so i have to redownload it i have used the install in the folder thats where it install in the rockstar folder that 1 i can log into but it makes no sence that when i hit play it opens the other 1 with the faded play button for online play.. also i did that update i can play in offline mode but when i go to play online it says need to be log into social club to play on line and social club will not work or run it opens up but then u can type email and password but the play online button is faded if i could upload the pic i would sad.gif

Edited by jagdryan

user posted image

hmm when i try to update it my self it deletes the game so i have to redownload it i have used the install in the folder thats where it install in the rockstar folder that 1 i can log into but it makes no sence that when i hit play it opens the other 1 with the faded play button for online play.. also i did that update i can play in offline mode but when i go to play online it says need to be log into social club to play on line and social club will not work or run it opens up but then u can type email and password but the play online button is faded if i could upload the pic i would sad.gif

i KNOW THIS. you need to update. and if you want to pla, play offline. you're loggid in automaticly.

so don't worry add your friends on games for windows live.

and youre done.

i KNOW THIS. you need to update. and if you want to pla, play offline. you're loggid in automaticly.

so don't worry add your friends on games for windows live.

and youre done.

I didn't understand, have you installed GFWL update I linked above or not? You need to have the latest GFWL to play online. Also, make sure there is no xlive.dll file in the game installation directory.

I didn't understand, have you installed GFWL update I linked above or not? You need to have the latest GFWL to play online. Also, make sure there is no xlive.dll file in the game installation directory.

He's right. i know you've savegame.

ME BUstaaa.

and eh..

you don't have to for online. i play with mods with my friends so..

i did install but still it tells me i need to be sign into social club to play online

• 1 month later...

ok i fixed the problem with the grey out play button it seems it uses internet explore for the internet sorce witch i disable so i to go reenabled new problem it will not let me log in i hit log in after typing my info in right it says unable to connect i even make sure internet exploer was getting internet and it is.. so why is this thing not working

There are ongoing server connection problems, I don't think you can do anything about that but wait.

• 1 month later...

damn my internet is cabled however my brothers is not but it works fine when it's wireless idk why Well he can login to social club without and hassles at all well the launcher any play gta online. I just hope in gta v they remove social club fully and just use games for windows live

Edited by D4rknova