Toni Cipriani (the balcony man)

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Hi guys,

There has been much speculation as to who the balcony man is. The name Albert Desilva has been brought up many times but it sounds dodgy.

Here's my final conclusion, sorry I can't hold it in any longer...I have to drop my guts!

In the trailer, it is quite clear that the man speaking is the old gent. Now, Im not saying this is the main protag, we don't have enough info for a conclusive decision yet.

So who is the old gent?

'Why did I move here, I guess it was the weather.' - So this old gent moved from somewhere cold and probably rainy. Where is that place? Liberty City is cold and miserable, so this old gent moved from LC. Who lived in LC? Toni Ciprani.

'I needed to get away from that, that line of work' - sounds like Toni has been involved with the mafia too long and needs a change.

Now, the next part is interesting, he talks about being more 'a family man' and imagining his kids being like the kids on tv. It makes me think Toni was married with kids but things didn't work out, hence why he moved.

Toni Cipriani was from Gta Liberty City Stories the year was 1998, Toni was about 30 years old. This puts his date of birth 1968. So in 2012, he is now 44, which matches the age of the old gent in the trailer. The hair is slightly grey, but it matches Toni's hair style.

The voice even matches Toni's, harshened slightly with age.

The suit he is wearing looks to be a Leone style.

Toni Ciprani will be a character in gta v, as the new 'Salvatore Leone' who the protag goes to for missions.

Finn 7 five 11

Well if Toni Cipriani is in game, then that means that Los Santos will be the same Los Santos we saw in San Andreas.

I doubt this severely, sorry i don't find your idea plausible taking into account the universe theory and all.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Claude appeared in San Andreas so don't give me that era/universe bs

A Nickname For All

Well the guy certainly looks like Cipriani, but as people have said, III era and IV era are two different universes.

i think if they were going to bring an old face back it would be from one of the better GTA games.

A Nickname For All

III era includes GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas and the Stories.

Chickenwing

GTA III and SA are in the same universe... sneaky2.gif

Finn 7 five 11

You sir do not understand the Universes.

GTA III universe is (Main games anyway)

-GTA III/LCS

- Vice City/VCS

-San Andreas.

Characters in all six of those games are in the same universe, that is why Claude was in San Andreas and GTA III, so was Catalina, she appeared In GTA III first then later in San Andreas.

Then GTA IV is in a new universe, all the history of the III era is gone.

--

You being from Australia make me feel ashamed.

Edited by finn4life

You have absolutely no concept of canon, do you?

In other words, IV is a different canon to previous games. III+VC+SA are all in the same canon (aka "universe") so crossovers are legit in older games.

mikecyclexxx

If it wasn't for the whole 2d/3d/HD universes confirmed by rockstar, then I would probably agree.

Rockstar have said themselvs that there are indeed different "universes" HOWEVER, Rockstar could if they wanted to, turn around and change that because you know why? Because its their game and they can do what they want. And that could be the "bold new direction" if ANYONE tried to tell me that this is impossible. please jump off a bridge, because although it may not be likely it is possible.

They could have decided that they missed all the cool little cameos and refernces because I sure did.

In my opinion IV was the worst GTA to date, story wise. Yes okay it had some good parts to it. But it was never really as in depth as the others, even though it had a more serious/realistic tone.

f*ck the haters.

Edited by mikecyclexxx

krazy_fool_X
If it wasn't for the whole 2d/3d/HD universes confirmed by rockstar, then I would probably agree.

Rockstar have said themselvs that there are indeed different "universes" HOWEVER, Rockstar could if they wanted to, turn around and change that because you know why? Because its their game and they can do what they want. And that could be the "bold new direction" if ANYONE tried to tell me that this is impossible. please jump off a bridge, because although it may not be likely it is possible.

They could have decided that they missed all the cool little cameos and refernces because I sure did.

In my opinion IV was the worst GTA to date, story wise. Yes okay it had some good parts to it. But it was never really as in depth as the others, even though it had a more serious/realistic tone.

f*ck the haters.

I'd like to hear what you mean when you say "in depth".

The whole Trinity thing and the diamond/heroine debacle, and along with a character with a genuinely intriguing past, made it one of the more intricate and well-developed stories. Once I finished TBOGT I saw how much was woven through the three games.

And, in my opinion, the characters in IV are a lot more and a lot better developed in IV than in any other GTA games. They, for the most part, all have a past and motives. Sure, Dimitri may never be as great a villain as Tenpenny, but he is one of my favourite GTA villains.

On topic, just no. Didn't Toni become a little chunkier between LCS and III? And of course the whole era thing too.

San Andreas and Vice City are apart of the GTA 3 era or GTA games, therefore are in the same universe.

G1T

I am certain it is not him, and yes, due to the universes theory which has been given by R* themselves.

I hate the whole era/universe thing R* have done. I don't see the point in it. Why can't it all just be one universe so we can see previous characters return?

BlackandWhite23
I hate the whole era/universe thing R* have done. I don't see the point in it. Why can't it all just be one universe so we can see previous characters return?

Maybe the new bold of direction sarcasm.gif

Because most of them are dead? tounge.gif

That's one reason anyway.

Sent from my ayePhone

Maybe the new bold of direction sarcasm.gif

have cookie bro cookie.gif

I agree with the masses that its most likely not Toni because of the whole "universe" thing, i could imagine rockstar twisting there words with that but it will very very unlikely happen in 5,

I thought the main reason for the whole era thing was because they wanted to do LC justice and if there wasnt another universe they would of been pretty limited to what they could do with the city on the basis that it would of had to of been a close replica of the GTA3 version of the city to make any sense, since they are once again going back to a city they have previously modeled in a 3D enviroment.

However as i understand, if they were to go to a fresh location there would be no real reason why they couldnt actually run it in cannon with the 3 era. or not much to say that this isnt just a HD vision of san andreas so same layout and such. (although highly unlikey in either case)

please do inform me if i am incorrect in my understanding on the subject.

Harwood Butch3r

Don't you guys ever get sick of arguing over the same thing over and over again?