Apply a new texture on a new .DFF

EAZYJ

Hello, here's what i did :

I added this in a Ganton bloc but I don't know how to texture it, I would like to put a texture on the new model I made.

user posted image

By the way, I want this texture on the model.

user posted image

Thanks a lot !

Well If you go to Editable Poly mode and select the faces you want you can just drag the Image file onto the model and it will add it, then when you export the model just make sure you add that texture to the Models TXD so it will work IG.

Well If you go to Editable Poly mode and select the faces you want you can just drag the Image file onto the model and it will add it, then when you export the model just make sure you add that texture to the Models TXD so it will work IG.

Hello, thank you but the texture is apply everywhere and not it the models i wanted.

user posted image

And on the model i wanted the texture :

user posted image

1.choose face mode and select faces for uv mapping

look in your screenshot: below of selection: click on button with triangle symbol

then select faces of model for uv mapping

2.scroll out the Modifier List and choose "assign UV map"

don't know if it's called "assign" because i have 3dmax in german laguage

3. then an Edit button will appear

click on this button

then a new window appears which show texture and the faces with vertex points to assigne the faces on the texture

The texture appeared on all faces because you didn't drag the texture onto the selected faces, you dragged it onto the object. You'll need to re-import a new one.

Also, "editable mesh" works with the drag and drop method that ALMOST said.

Imho, do this:

1) Select the new signs faces.

2) Detach the faces making them into a separate object.

3) Delete the old building object.

4) Import the working building dff.

5) Hide the working building (right click the 3d mesh and hide)

6) Use ZAZ's UV mapping instructions, that will affect how the texture is projected onto the 3d faces. smile.gif

Thanks guys but now I got some problems I don't know how to put the texture in the right position and they're many texutre on it... Look

user posted image

EDIT

Finaly I did this but the other face aren't textured correctly. How can I apply them another texture ?

user posted image

Edited by EAZYJ

Here is how to do it properly. icon14.gif

1) Convert to mesh, this makes the "stack" "collapsed" meaning any modifiers get applied to the object and disappear from the stack.

2) Add a UVW Map modifier to the object (first picture)

3) In the modifiers settings, make sure "planar" mode is set. (by default it should be) (second picture)

4) Click on the modifiers name in the stack, it should turn yellow. (third picture)

Don't click the light-bulb looking icon, that disables the modifier, don't click the " + " because that does something different, you should click the words "UVW Mapping".

5) Using the rotate tool and the move tool, manipulate the yellow hologram square thing in the view-port and the texture will change.

6) Edit the Length and Width so and use the rotate tool and the move tool to make the texture fit properly. (forth picture)

7) Convert to mesh, this makes the stack collapsed so the UVW Map modifier gets applied to the object and disappears from the stack.

8) Done.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

By the way, i edited the texture to have no transparency and saved it in the correct image size. Use bmp/png images sized 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512 for GTA SA.

I used 256x256 for this texture and saved it in png format so that g-txd or txd workshop can import it without stretching.

(you don't need to have Material Editor open at all, simply dragging and dropping the file onto selected faces replaces Material Editors task fine)

user posted image

Edited by Frank.s

EDITED :

Thanks it perfectly works, I took your texture btw but this is really complicate to put the texture in the right position bored.gif

At least I got this :

user posted image

user posted image

Thanks again !

Edited by EAZYJ

Glad to help. icon14.gif