BEST GTA PRO-TAG OF ALL TIME!

canadian_wakenbacon

Which GTA protagonist is the best, EVER?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Which GTA protagonist is the best, EVER?

• Claude
    • Tommy Vercetti
    • Carl Johnson
    • Victor Vance
    • Niko Bellic
    • Johnny Klebitz
    • Luis Fernando Lopez

canadian_wakenbacon

Not only my favorite, but quite arguably the best pro-tag to ever be created, my boy, Tommy Vercetti. Deep down, we all want to be Tommy Vercetti. A little italian mobster cluster fk who does what he wants, when he wants. Although I am older now, I still find the occasion to pull up to the Malibu in my comet, and torch the dance floor. I tear in joy and sadness, but, I know since GTA V is in SA, GTA VI will be in Vice. OH sh*t, I just spilled the beans...Anyways...Tommy Vercetti is my choice, theres to much to say about this guy and instead of rambling on, I'll give him my vote.

Abandonment issues? What a freak. Why can't I meet someone that's normal for a change?Tommy Vercetti

Shut up, sit down. I'll tell you what we're gonna do. You're gonna find out who took our cocaine, and then, I'm gonna kill them-Tommy Vercetti

Sonny, you have my personal assurance that I'm gonna get you your money back, and the drugs, and I'm gonna mail you the dicks of those responsible. -Tommy Vercetti

Claude. He was a blank slate. It was easy to project yourself onto him.

Edit:

Niko is a VERY close 2nd. The voice acting was incredible. "Yellow Caaarrrr!"

Edited by abottig

Official General

Tommy Vercetti was definitely my favorite GTA character of all time. I like the fact that he was ruthless, opportunistic, and downright murderous at the blink of an eye. A straight-up Mafioso gangster that was totally fearless and handled his business. He was also very loyal to his friends too, which was good to see (he was very upset when I found out Lance betrayed him). He naturally played the part of gangster, Tommy was everything a GTA protagonist should be in my eyes.

My second favorite was CJ.

CJ.

But I'm not sure why this is in the GTA V forum and not in GTA Series (where there are already plenty of these polls).

Ispintechno

Tommy by far. He was a real psycho and Ray Liotta did a great job with the voice acting. True Goodfella.

He was the best character to Rampage on the city.

You people realize there is more to this forum than the V section right?

Moved to the GTA Series Chat.

1. Tommy (by faaaaaaaaaar)

2. CJ

3. Luis

4. Niko

(I really don't care for the others, so in no particular order:)

5. Johnny

6. Victor

7. Claude

Senex Iunior

1. Niko Bellic.

2. Tommy Vercetti.

3. Victor Vance.

4. Carl Johnson.

5. Johnny Klebitz.

6. Luis Fernando Lopez.

7. Toni Cipriani.

8. Claude.

Hated Claude even when III was brand new. "Mute asshole, f*ckin' snake without a tongue."

1-CJ(i'd rather pick the ghetto rather than Cosa Nostra families.)

2.Tommy(Simply bad ass.)

3.Claude(A mute hitman is very creepy lol; also his run is funny too)

4.Toni(sometimes funny, such as the quote "There is no you and me! Christ you're killing me!)

5.Niko(didn't play too much GTA IV)

6.Johnny(same as above, didn't play too much of TLAD)

7.Luis(same as above, didn't play too much of TBOGT)

8.Vic(seriously, I didn't like his story in VCS)

Edited by RyujinXKaizer

jackass2009

1. Tommy

2. Niko

3. Claude

4. Johnny

5. Carl

6. Victor

7. Luis

Luis seemed like a douche the entire game. Claude and Johnny are tied, and I never really played VCS all that much. Tommy and Niko are the best.

Joaoseinha

1. Claude(Easy to project into him,ice cold killer,does everything without blinking.

2. Tommy(He was simply a badass)

3. Johnny(Close-in to Niko,he was real cool,he didn't liked to be bossed around,like when Billy ordered him and he's like WHAT AM I,YOUR f*ckING DOG?)

4. Niko(I liked his hitman style and story...)

5. Victor Vance(He had a really good personality,owned a lot of businesses.His death really made me sad,I really liked him as a protagonist.)

6. CJ(He whines about everything,he's bossed around on the entire story.He may be powerful at the end,but he's still bossed like a f*cking dog.If they did that to tommy,they'd get a shotgun to the face)

7. Luis(He had no personality basically,a f*cking pussy too.)

LongHairedFreakyGuy
Claude. He was a blank slate. It was easy to project yourself onto him.

The very same reason as to why I also voted for Claude. Always been a fan of silent protag's in a game, for the reason that you are them; With them not adding their cheesy punch-lines, you are free to set exactly what they are thinking all the time, and completely be the character.

Senex Iunior

1. Claude(Easy to project into him,ice cold killer,does everything without blinking.

I find that highly ironic, just FYI.

Edited by Senex Iunior

Joaoseinha

If you actually paid attention or read through my post,you'd understand that they both have no personality,although,claude doesn't talk,so you can project into him and add your own personality onto him.Also,Luis was a pussy,claude was ice-cold.

Senex Iunior

If you actually paid attention or read through my post,you'd understand that they both have no personality,although,claude doesn't talk,so you can project into him and add your own personality onto him.Also,Luis was a pussy,claude was ice-cold.

wut.

Actually, I did pay attention. You said that Luis has no personality, when that's more apt of Claude. Luis has a personality, even if it isn't a good one.

Also, I'll go to my grave not seeing Claude as "easy to project upon". He's a bland, mute traitor, plain and simple.

LongHairedFreakyGuy

wut.

Actually, I did pay attention. You said that Luis has no personality, when that's more apt of Claude. Luis has a personality, even if it isn't a good one.

Also, I'll go to my grave not seeing Claude as "easy to project upon". He's a bland, mute traitor, plain and simple.

He's only bland if you wish him to be. As stated, silent protags are good because it means you become that person, from what they're thinking, to the type of personality they have. I've played many games where the protag is silent, and I prefer it in a way, rather than playing as a character who spouts out cheesy-lines every now and then.

And he's not really a traitor is he. Look at what his aim is, and how is was all started.

• 3 weeks later...
Liver Buster

Niko. Because Niko's the most realistic protagonist in the series. I think Niko's mainly today's Earth man, which type of man faces with bad things when tries to reach American Dream. Also Niko's a revenger like me, I can't forget the pains in the past. Niko's the character that mostly reflects me, that's one of the reasons I like him.

If I make the list most I loved to least I loved:

1) Niko (as I said at above)

2) Claude (he has a different style from any protags in the series. He's silent, more cold blooded, revenger, psychopath hitman style man. Also I think he's the most handsome protag)

3) Victor Vance (A man who tried to stand clean in the criminal underworld and protect his idiot, drug abusive brother and drug abusive momma as well. I think Victor's a dreams man like Niko who has expectations in the dirty criminal underworld. And I think that's why he and Niko probably lost; Vic lost his job as a soldier, lost the woman he loved and fell deep into drug sh*t. I think Victor had psycological imbalances after the tragedic things he lived, and that's why we see Victor as an annoying, money hungry drug dealing crook during VC. I like him because of his similarities to Niko)

4) Carl Johnson (he has a clean man side while banging heads to protect his family. I think CJ's a complicated character like most GTA characters such as Niko, Victor and Luis. CJ has one of the touchier stories during the series I think.)

5) Johnny Klebitz (Johnny's one of the most badass characters in the series. Johnny mainly stands loyal throughout the story, especially to his brothers. However Johnny he has a shrewd style as well (while he steals from Ray Boccino) and I think that's making him a real underworld man (as his shrewd style).)

6) Toni Cipriani (Toni's the most loyal character in the series. Also he has a tough guy and a hard badass style. Also he's a rebellious guy who must fight many things on his way. I think he reflects a made mafioso man.)

7) Tommy Vercetti (I don't know. Despite most GTA fans, I don't get along with Tommy so much. He's the best character that reflects the underworld man (with his passion to the top, a bit of greedy style, hard badass acts). I think I dont like him so much because he treated too greedy to Lance, I think Lance's one of the most influental figures got Tommy to the top. I think it's main reason why I don't like Tommy so much)

8) Huang Lee (A rich kid (nearly as material, I think he's characteristicly rich too) but also a rebellious, revenger, honour buy who fight through his oaths. I think these are the sides of him I like.)

9) Luis Fernando Lopez (Luis seems like the coolest protag throughout the series but I see him most likely an annoying Mr.Big Shot. And his personality is not my style. I think that's why I don't like him so much)

Hydro_PlayboyX

7.Johnny Klebitz

6.Victor Vance

5.CJ

4.Claude

3.Luis Lopez

2.Tommy Vercetti

1.Niko motherfuc*in Bellic

Louis Lopez! He's such a cool guy, he is willing to do crazy sh*t just like CJ but also has the realism element to his personality like Niko. He's loyal to his friends but often misunderstood by them. His hispanic accent is sooo cool, I love the way he says stuff "Who the f*ck - were those assholes, T?" He's the only one in the IV series that actually feels like a proper inhabitant of Liberty City when you are walking through the streets. Plus I like his sweet little apartment in North Holland (Harlem in real life NYC). He's good with the ladies and I like his outfits too (shame there weren't more). Overall an interesting and well developed character - a true denizen of Liberty City.

Niko Bellic. I loved the psycho and humerous phrases he often uttered.

"I'll rip your f*cking heart out!"

"Yellow caaar!"

Flight180Victim

1.Tommy Vercetti (The king of them all) cool.gif

2.Niko Bellic

3.Claude

4.Toni Cipriani

5.Johnny Klebitz

6.Victor Vance

7.Carl Johnson

8.Luis Lopez

9.Huang Lee

1. Tommy Vercetti

2. Niko Bellic

3. Claude Speed (Too bad he never talks and I really can't see much of his personality, which is his main Downside)

4. Johnny Kelbitz

5. Carl Johnson.

Edited by lol232

1. Niko

2. Luis

3. CJ

4. Johnny

5. Vic

The other guys that I've read about I don't know much about them. I have never played their games. As of right now, these 5 lucky guys are my favs. But they sound very interesting.

Tommy by far. He was a real psycho and Ray Liotta did a great job with the voice acting. True Goodfella.

He was the best character to Rampage on the city.

+1

Tommy Vercetti will forever be the best protagonist.

G1T

huevos_benedicto_180

I think Niko just has depth that the others do not, and as someone who loves story probably more than anything else, that's important to me.