Wants good performance at 1280x1024

pangoomis

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 3000+, 3.0GHZ

2GB DDR2 RAM

ASUS AMD Radeon HD5670 1GB DDR3

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

GTA IV 1.0.7.0 (I don't want to change to 1.0.4.0), no mods.

I have everything set to lowest as possible, at 1280x1024, as seen here.

http://imgur.com/SWwjS

I'm getting 30-60 FPS, with an average of 45 FPS.

With Auto Configure, I got 15-30 FPS with an average of 20 FPS. Auto Configure my ass.

Anyways, I want to have at least 35 FPS average at 1280x1024 (because it makes the game looks SO much better than 1024x768), with decent graphic settings.

What should I increase, what command lines should I put?

You can't do what you want to do with that CPU

Also, average of 45 FPS with an Athlon?..take it..don't get greedy tounge.gif

I knew it! Well, I'm going to try some settings, and hopefully make the game experience even better. If not, I'll stick to what I'm left with. I'm getting a new computer in 2 years time, so it doesn't matter anyways.

At least I can play the game, better than on Geforce 6600GT, believe me I've tried that. No textures loaded, everything was black. smile.gif

Finally got the performance I wanted! I used VisualIV as PrometheusX said. Not only the game ran better with better graphic settings, all brown and beige textures I had before are gone! Everything is more colorful. Now I can enjoy the game with 35+ FPS, with these settings.

user posted image

BTW If you have crappy PC like mine, don't turn on shadows, even to low. They drop my FPS to about 20.

Edited by MrMateczko

with visual iv, do you just have to download the latest one or do you have to download in order?

Prometheus
with visual iv, do you just have to download the latest one or do you have to download in order?

Just download the latest one. smile.gif

3lIXKDi.png

its great that you got it run, congratulations. a few things to think about in the future... that machine is dual core (you meant x2 6000+ right?) with windows 7 and 2 gigs of ram. i had similar problems with 64 bit vista also. hd 5670 can run medium/good low settings, but would need quad core. x2 6000+ can run 1280x1024, but would need something like 8800gt or hd 4850 (i had these setups at that resolution).

Yes, I meant X2 6000+, not 3000+, typo.

I'm enjoying the game right now, completing the story. Man does VisualIV does a great job of making the Libery City look MUCH better.

VisualIV = Performance + Quality

Environment Mod = Quality but still people like it and use it.

You are lucky. My avg. fps is 30 even with VisualIV. tounge.gif

Yea, why shouldn't it? There are some bonus files included with it that gives more FPS.

i had similar problems with 64 bit vista also. hd 5670 can run medium/good low settings, but would need quad core. x2 6000+ can run 1280x1024, but would need something like 8800gt or hd 4850 (i had these setups at that resolution). user posted image

I just completed the storyline, had no problems except for two minor ones:

1. Some parts of Algonquin and Alderney dropped my FPS to 20, but I could lived with it.

2 In some cutscenes, the screen was shaking. Is that a known bug with VisualIV?