Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,953 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Pyrrhic

Is This The Worst Game of the GTA 3 Era?

Is this the worst game in the GTA 3 Era? (3, VC, SA, A, LCS, VCS)  

492 members have voted

1. 1. Is this the worst game in the GTA 3 Era? (3, VC, SA, A, LCS, VCS)

• Yes
    • No

Mikhail2k18

Problem is it's too short they should of added weekly DLC missions with leaderboards or expanded storage to Dual Layer UMD,

An airport but no flyable planes or helicopters :blink: like above it was such a step backwards after SA.

Algonquin Assassin

No. That award goes to Vice City Stories. Hands down.

Liberty City Stories blew everybody away upon release. A fully 3D Grand Theft Auto experience on a handheld device was unfathomable at the time.

Of all the 3D-era entries into the series, Vice City Stories was the only one that brought nothing new to the table, and was simply more of the same.

I know this is a pretty old post, but I had to chuckle at the notion that VCS brought nothing new. Empire building? melee grappling?

Other than being the first handheld GTA I could never get into LCS. Even Liberty City lost its gritty edge from GTA III. It's not really a terrible game, but like San Andreas and GTA V I just don't care for it as much as some of the other games.

Jack Lupino

GTA LCS could have been so much better if they made helicopters like maverick and hunter flyable without glitch,swimming ability,climbing the ledges,new areas like upstate liberty etc.

I know it was limited by psp hardware but if VCS can do these on same platform so should LCS.

universetwisters

...bought all the tracks they couldn't afford during VC's development....

[citation needed]

Sinner!

Na.

I adore LCS, the true Mafia GTA, I love its characters narrative & general humour.

VCS with its forgettable characters bland atmosphere & moralist whiner Vic was the worst IMO.

TQR12345

Na.

I adore LCS, the true Mafia GTA, I love its characters narrative & general humour.

VCS with its forgettable characters bland atmosphere & moralist whiner Vic was the worst IMO.

GTA VCS is not the worst. It brought new fighting mechanics and merged the gang warfare of San Andreas and Businesses of GTA VC and made it worth buying, of course it also had glitches but they dont affect much. About Vic, even the game implied that during the last mission by Martinez. He said "Vic, you're trying to be the good guy in a bad man's game!" Sure Martinez is a treacherous bastard for some, but for some others he is just a criminal like the others, trying to save himself from threats such as Vic, notice how he made more aggressive moves after he was in danger by the Mendez, Diaz, Gonzalez of course, showing that he was a bastard just when he cut the connections with Vic and then, he requested help again. The story wasn't bad and characters were good to keep you entertained,Armando Mendez talking in a philanthropist way,and Lance over estimating himself and ending up hurt, making missions more challenging.In GTA VCS, you can recruit gang members, in LCS, even after "Making Toni" you can't. Only story missions affect Turf wars in LCS. You might think I'm just a guy obsessed with GTA VCS who has got no idea about LCS, but I've played both games and completed them more than once.

Curtis

It's either Advance if we count it as that, or GTA III itself. Just because III is the first game in the universe doesn't make it a good one. It has many flaws and the story isn't as good as people praise it for. All the story was about was Claude minding his own business and mindlessly running errands while getting f*cked over in the process. He had no goal until the very end of the game.

Acknowledgement

GTA Advance is the worst.

Am Shaegar

Never played Advance, while my time with LCS was quite brief but it looks amazing on the tablet with controller attached. The Liberty city also looks and feels quite good than the III version. I certainly had a fun time, so no complaints there. There's not much to write about. As a hardcore fan of old GTA's, I had no problems in getting into the game, planning to finish it asap.

∴

I can see why people would think this game (and VCS to the same degree) would be considered the worst, but that could be because:

i) not many people consider GTA Advance a part of the 3D universe, although it technically is.

ii) not as many people played GTA Advance in comparison.

I can also see it because everything which is offered as a criticism could be counter-argued as to why they're innovative. These titles were released after SA, which is widely considered to be the best game of the 3D era by many and is fit to bursting with content. Put side by side, neither LCS nor VCS deliver the same scale of gameplay. This is in part due to the hardware limitations of the PSP, and also because they're limited by setting. We're revisiting the same city, but we have a new plot and timescale to work with. By itself, this is an interesting concept and not something we'd seen from the franchise before so I can see both sides when I hear "well, they're just the same game". Sure, it's the same environment, but having a city we're already familiar with being used to tell an entirely new story is great. If you take LCS (and again, VCS) at face value, they're enjoyable games. They might well be the worst games, but that's not to say they're inherently bad. I personally have never played GTA Advance so it wouldn't be fair for me to come right out and say they're at least better than that. In truth, I enjoyed both LCS and VCS, but I do consider them the worst titles I've played.

I think context is important, and at the end of the day, opinions are wild. Somebody is bound to enjoy VCS more than SA. We aren't going to change anybody's mind there, especially when all the criticisms of the PSP titles can be seen as positives too.