Main-Character too old?

MrDisa5ter

MrDisa5ter

If the main character would be the old guy from the trailer, wouldn't he be too old for that sh*t (If you know what i mean xD)

Most of the characters in a GTA game were about 20 to 30 years old. But if you play with that guy, how could you run long distances like in previous games. I mean the would be unrealistic.

What do you think?

Cosmic Gypsy

i agree...thats why i didnt like niko

how is Niko to old you retard, hes in his 30's... even Men in their 40's - 50's could kick the sh*t out of the average 20 year old Boy. (I'm 21)... the older guys i know would crush me if i was retarded enough to start sh*t with them.

When you children grow up a bit you'll realize.

Spaghetti Cat

Tommy was older than niko right?

Also: Max Payne (the new one) Cole Phelps, Marston, ect...

Bigger question is are some of the ppl playing GTA too young????

No Image Available

Hahaha YES, a lot of people here guilty to that crime let me tell you!

how is Niko to old you retard, hes in his 30's... even Men in their 40's - 50's could kick the sh*t out of the average 20 year old Boy. (I'm 21)... the older guys i know would crush me if i was retarded enough to start sh*t with them.

oh...ok...still dont like him?

Most of the characters in a GTA game were about 20 to 30 years old.

Tommy Vercetti was 35 during Vice City.

Toni Cipriani was late 30's during LCS.

Claude, (if same) was born in 1971, making him 21 around the time of San Andreas and 30 during III.

Vic was apparently born in 1955, making him 29 during VCS, 31 during Vice City when killed.

CJ was mid-20's.

Niko is 30, Johnny K is 34 and Luis Lopez is 25.

I think a fairer range would be 25 - 40.

Cosmic Gypsy

If Niko was real he'd kick the sh*t out of you. Then i'd like to see you try and say he's too old. Your childish for not liking him because he's in his 30's. whatsthat.gif

If Niko was real he'd kick the sh*t out of you. Then i'd like to see you try and say he's too old. Your childish for not liking him because he's in his 30's. whatsthat.gif

but...is he real? no, so why do you care if i like him or not how does this offend you?

MrDisa5ter

I'm sure that guy could kill all of us but i think of sport. If there are bmx bikes in the game.. That would look f*cking stupid if he rides them

Niko Bellic was born 1978 in Serbia and he is 30 years old (2008)

Tommy Vercetty was born 1951 in Liberty City and he is 35 years old (1986)

Some ppl thinks Tommy V. is the Main Charakter of GTA V. He is 61 years old now (2012). i don't think so

Spaghetti Cat

If Niko were real then he would be too busy bowling with his cousin than engaging in any violence lol.gif

No Image Available

Cosmic Gypsy
Niko is 30, Johnny K is 34

There both that young? mercie_blink.gif wow.. the years weren't good to them.

Cosmic Gypsy

I'm sure that guy could kill all of us but i think of sport. If there are bmx bikes in the game.. That would look f*cking stupid if he rides them

i agree it would look slightly odd seeing someone in there 30's - 40's on a BMX, but if its anything like SA the game will also have mountain bikes which would make a lot more sense... but to be honest, i dont think you would care if u was 40 and u was running for your life, and u ran into a BMX. u would take it regardless of weather youd look silly.

every GTA protag looks like an idiot on a faggio, but thats still on the game. same applies to the golf caddy.

MrDisa5ter

i agree it would look slightly odd seeing someone in there 30's - 40's on a BMX, but if its anything like SA the game will also have mountain bikes which would make a lot more sense... but to be honest, i dont think you would care if u was 40 and u was running for your life, and u ran into a BMX. u would take it regardless of weather youd look silly.

every GTA protag looks like an idiot on a faggio, but thats still on the game. same applies to the golf caddy.

yep and a gta game does always have funny aspects.

right now i can't think about it without --> *facepalm*

but we'll see

AerialRocket

Chuck norris, Known fact he is 72 years old and still kicks ass.

They could have him on a rascal scooter so you could move faster, also more real cool.gif

Cole Phelps is 27. He was born in 1920 and LA Noire takes place in 1947. Niko is 30. Max and John are both around 40. So no. The characters aren't too old. And yes, Tommy was older than Niko. I think Tommy was around 35 during Vice City.

Thats where fitness will come into play, i'm guessing at the start he will be in fairly good shape for his age however using that musclebeach seen in the trailer aswell as running from the cops alot will probably put him in better shape. I doubt they'll go as far as SA when it comes to your character's fitness but i'm sure its returning.

Spaghetti Cat

Cole Phelps is 27. He was born in 1920 and LA Noire takes place in 1947. Niko is 30. Max and John are both around 40. So no. The characters aren't too old. And yes, Tommy was older than Niko. I think Tommy was around 35 during Vice City.

Thanks for clearing that up. icon14.gif

My point was that most of the characters of late from R* have been on the older side. I think one of the housers mentioned that one of the aspects of IV was that of a more mature character, representing the players themselves getting older, at least the ones playing from the III era. So it makes sense that a V protag would be older than Niko.

No Image Available

Chriss0906

yes niko its younger than tommy vercetty, i think tommy its 35 or 40, niko its in his 30

jackass2009

Niko is thirty years old exactly. Tommy was apparently in his mid-thirties, but nobody says his age in the game, I don't think. CJ was in his early twenties, over 21. I don't know how old exactly, though.

On Topic: John Marston was 38 and he was a goddamn cowboy without cars or automatic rifles. He was just as, if not more, badass than most other protagonists. I don't see why it should be any different in the big city with cars and M60's.

ShotGunRain

user posted image

No character is too old, because It's ROCKSTARGAMES creating him/her and they know how to use the character.

SantAntoni-DC

He isn´t old, come on.

But i think he´s too old to be the protagnist, and no one knows at this point who the protagnist is anyway, so stop saying he´s the protagnist.

Hardstyle + Dubstep =

its this kind of idiocy that has resulted in almost 90 % of other video game protags being White, square jawed, shaved heads under 30 and whos emotions consist of anger/ sarcasm or brooding.

O waa he's too old to ride a bmx, but any one can ride a bmx theres no law stating you have to be young

So 40 year man on bike is ridiclous..............but a 20 year old uneducated gang banger from the ghetto flying a fighter jet is somehow ok??

Also its a vidoe game, they aren't constrained to real world laws, so the protag could be 98 years pld and run a marathon if R* decided,

so ya his age has nothng to do with gameplay

In MGS$ snake was bloody 70 something and did he waddle around the place going into cardiac arrest while i was playing? no I had him doing running around , rolling fighting and shooting!!

Jesus, grow up

Edited by Mr.Moffat

Jewstinian

but...is he real? no, so why do you care if i like him or not how does this offend you?

He doesn't like what you're saying because you are judging a character based on their age and that's not right. It doesn't matter how old you are as long as you're healthy. Just look back at John Marston, Johnny Klebitz, Max Payne, and many more. None of them had limitations because of their age.

Edited by TheJustinAllenK

He doesn't like what you're saying because you are judging a character based on their age and that's not right. It doesn't matter how old you are as long as you're healthy. Just look back at John Marston, Johnny Klebitz, Max Payne, and many more. None of them had limitations because of their age.

this plus max is an alcholic drug addicted train wreck, did that really affect gameplay?