Multiple disks ?

willbreeze

willbreeze

Due to what we are expecting from Rockstar with the vast amount of detail and game play , do you think Rockstar will be able to fit it all on to one disk ?

Empty World

3 DVD's for X360: DVD1 - Singleplayer 1, DVD2 - Singleplayer 2, DVD3 - Multiplayer

2 DVD's for PC

1 Bluray for PS3

Edited by Pr00f

2 DVDs for pc or XBOX and 1 blue ray for ps3

I could easily see this. One disc for single player, and another for multiplayer. Like what EA did with Battlefield 3. The detail that went into that game was far too much for one disc, so they split them up. And I kind of liked it that way. And a Blu-Ray disc can hold quite a bit of data.

Besides, I probably won't be touching the multiplayer side of GTA V for a while after it releases. I want to explore the land as much as I can first. biggrin.gif

Matt

I could easily see this. One disc for single player, and another for multiplayer. Like what EA did with Battlefield 3. The detail that went into that game was far too much for one disc, so they split them up. And I kind of liked it that way. And a Blu-Ray disc can hold quite a bit of data.

Besides, I probably won't be touching the multiplayer side of GTA V for a while after it releases. I want to explore the land as much as I can first. biggrin.gif

Matt

It's usually easier to explore the land free roam games with multiplayer in multiplayer, because you don't have any restrictions, and in GTA V we'll get access to planes/jets from the get go.

Matt

It's usually easier to explore the land free roam games with multiplayer in multiplayer, because you don't have any restrictions, and in GTA V we'll get access to planes/jets from the get go.

That is a pretty good point. Either way, I'll still be exploring the map A TON. biggrin.gif

Matt

1 Blu-ray for PS3 of course and probably 2 DVDs for Xbox 360 and PC (with the 360 having one DVD for the 1st half of SP and the other DVD for the rest of SP and MP). L.A. Noire had 3 DVDs and Max Payne 3 had 2 DVDs. Noire of course had a those high-res animation and a reasonably large world (roughly twice as much land) that took up a lot of space. MP3 has reasonably sized levels and quite high-res graphics so it was less than Noire but still enough for 2 DVDs. GTA V might be bigger, but part of that is wilderness and thus full of generic trees, etc. Plus the textures seem a lot less crisper than MP3 which could go to the max because of the smaller levels.

Max the game would have 3 discs for 360 and 2 for PC (as the PC can have its high dual-layer DVDs full of compressed installable material instead of streamable stuff).

Besides, I probably won't be touching the multiplayer side of GTA V for a while after it releases. I want to explore the land as much as I can first.

Edited by Seddo

MiamiVice1984

The Xbox 360 version will probably have 2 discs one for single player and the other for Multiplayer.

GTAxYushix

Well... I dont know, i guess 3 discs for 360... 1 with texture packs to make it look good and content to be installed on the hdd...

the other 2 discs... SP and MP

Besides, I probably won't be touching the multiplayer side of GTA V for a while after it releases. I want to explore the land as much as I can first. user posted image

If your going to agree with/take what I said, at least do it right! smile.gif

Matt

No, it's gonna be so big they will give it it's own hard drive for xbox, pc, and ps3.

It will suck to switch disks while freeroaming, there's no way they could fit the whole map in 1 disc.

Well yeah, seeing as how one BD disc is 50GBs. I just hope they don't sacrifice things in this game due to the limited 360 discs like they did with IV.

1 disc PS3, download only 4 pc, & no xbox version due 2 they can't fit that many discs in 1 case

This has been asked so many times before and evry single time it has lead to a console war.