Scary V

UsamaGK

I dont think this is discussed before.What do you think about myths in GTA V ?.After missions we will have to explore los santos.what do you want to encounter at a particular time on an unknown location rampage_ani.gif

and what do you think that will rockstar put some REAL myths in GTA V ?.all those in GTA SA and IV were fake.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
I dont think this is discussed before.

This has been discussed before, but at this point, everything has.

I dont think this is discussed before.What do you think about myths in GTA V ?.After missions we will have to explore los santos.what do you want to encounter at a particular time on an unknown location rampage_ani.gif

and what do you think that will rockstar put some REAL myths in GTA V ?.all those in GTA SA and IV were fake.

It's hard to put a myth on a game because it will most likely become an Easter Egg.

Take a look at the "Heart of Lady Liberty" easter egg (GTA IV).

you are right icon14.gif

It's hard to put a myth on a game because it will most likely become an Easter Egg.

Take a look at the "Heart of Lady Liberty" easter egg (GTA IV).

i know about heart of the city.But not like that.Like i.e a zombie or something devil.gif

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Possible myths -

Bigfoot, aliens, ufos, sea monster, massive shark 'Jaws' sunken ship, ghosts, Jason from Friday 13th, cave monster, zombotech zombies, even grove st and the Johnson house could be a myth, similar cul de sac with houses that look like the grove, maybe with little clues such as green spray tags or as small as a piece of paper with 'C J' written on it as a clue

you are right icon14.gif

So true.

Nothing to discuss anymore.

The V board has become a couple, married for over 50 years. There is nothing left to say.

Well, the question is, did GTA IV have any myths? Not that I'm aware of. I know SA had heaps, like bigfoot, aliens, ghost cars etc. But IV had none.

Heart of the city was the only "out of this world" unbelievable easter egg in GTA IV. I hope they put more of these crazy over-the-top hidden goodies in V.

@urbanfire GTAIV has also a RATMAN myth which is unreal like Bigfoot in GTASA

Well, the question is, did GTA IV have any myths? Not that I'm aware of. I know SA had heaps, like bigfoot, aliens, ghost cars etc. But IV had none.

Heart of the city was the only "out of this world" unbelievable easter egg in GTA IV. I hope they put more of these crazy over-the-top hidden goodies in V.

If V had myths, which I'm sure there would be (or until then, easter eggs), the real question to ask is: what are some myths that people talk about in the real world for Los Angeles?

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Well I remember a while back there was a guy going around setting cars on fire in L.A. Maybe there could be some one like that and there's a reward for killing him

MY IDEA 1

When you are in the woods, you will see a man killed near a small house. When you go near the dead man, a Mystery killer will kill you from behind and you are Wasted.

MY IDEA 2

When you are walking on the road. You will see an explosion on a rooftop of a building. When you go on to the rooftop of that building, there will be a note saying "YOU CAN'T SEE ME!"

Perhaps, a nod to John Cena?

inflamedeyeball
Hopefully they put in all the myths of San Andreas.

'They' didn't 'put in' any myths.

That's what makes them myths, not truths.

So yeah, all the SA myths are back! And just as real. New myths: Sea Monster, Snake Woman. Ghost Dog, Jack Snow and the Downtown Zombie!

Happy hunting!

Well, the question is, did GTA IV have any myths? Not that I'm aware of. I know SA had heaps, like bigfoot, aliens, ghost cars etc. user posted image

Joaoseinha

No,f*ck no.Not the same myths as SA.I want new myths

I'd like to see those:

Ratman,as a reference to the IV myth

Bigfoot

Serial Killer

Sharkz

An abandoned place,huge really,with scary sh*t.

References to old protags,perhaps a Niko corpse or something?

I have been a GTA Mythbuster since GTAIII(The previous games didn't exactly have myths)

It has to have myths.The fun is in the hunt,not on the find.If we find clues,it is fun.If we find it,we will feel joy,but get bored afterwards.

In the City/Downtown/Suburbs

- Any of those american urban legends.

In the desert/country

- GHost cars, trains

- Chupacabra

- Bigfoot

- Wierd Hitchhickers

- Blair Witch-thingy

- Ghosthouses, abandoned houses with starnge noises etc.

- GTA:San Andreas references, as like the shut well in Montgomery, bio-toxic barrels etc.

In the coast/water

- Sunken ship(s)

- Strange lights in the night

- Ghostship(s)

And other creepy stuff that wouold happen in night/staranded places.

In the City/Downtown/Suburbs

- Any of those american urban legends.

In the desert/country

- GHost cars, trains

- Chupacabra

- Bigfoot

- Wierd Hitchhickers

- Blair Witch-thingy

- Ghosthouses, abandoned houses with starnge noises etc.

- GTA:San Andreas references, as like the shut well in Montgomery, bio-toxic barrels etc.

In the coast/water

- Sunken ship(s)

- Strange lights in the night

- Ghostship(s)

And other creepy stuff that wouold happen in night/staranded places.

I dont think that they will add ghost vehicles,because they look somehow,unreal (I think) monocle.gif

Edited by UsamaGK

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

There should definetely be something creepy in the sewer way. I heard there was 'an expansive sewer system' under the city. Maybe a big alligator, in reference to that horror movie 'Alligator' and there is a subway tunnel so there might be a new rat man to find.

Another idea I had just now is you go to Lil Probe Inn and if you look around on the walls you find a 4 digit code, but it should only be visible if you zoom in with snipers scope. Then if you are out in the desert you find a big boulder in the shape of a pair of bodily objects, il leave it up to your imagination. Anyway if you look closely you find a key pad on the rock and you put the code in, this unlocks the door and the huge boulders open up into the Area 69, possibly holding a new improved jet pack, alien holding cells, ufos being fixed up and more!

I don't want them to add anything, because then it would cease to be a myth and turn into reality. They should just do what they have done, make the game, leave the myths to the players and let us decide whether it is true or not.

PINKbubblegum

one thing i would like is that if your in the ghetto, and your walking along a road/street with gang members, i would like the option of a mugging/knife crime/abuse.

1whitebuddah

btw there has been a few myth threads before, anyway if rockstar actually put myths in gta would they be myths? people would discover the myths within a couple of months of the games release then the myths will become redundant(pointless)

Use the internal clock to figure out when there's a full moon. On this date, you can find a Werewolf in the woods.

Actually, using the internal clock could be a massive thing. Unlocking funny messages at Christmas or perhaps even Zombie Jesus on Easter.

Mister Pink

I'd love a serial killer on the loose. You don't hear about it too often. Say every, 20 hours you play the game a radio update will tell of another victim. Based on clues you hear and clues from the newspaper, you can track down the killer. You wont know it's them until you actually kill the person. AND, it's hard and it gives you an amazing achiement and it could be a different character model for different games. So you can't really get it spoiled for you.

Maybe not that scary but it would be kind of creepy.

JamesBuxton
I'd love a serial killer on the loose. You don't hear about it too often. Say every, 20 hours you play the game a radio update will tell of another victim. Based on clues you hear and clues from the newspaper, you can track down the killer. You wont know it's them until you actually kill the person. AND, it's hard and it gives you an amazing achiement and it could be a different character model for different games. So you can't really get it spoiled for you.

They did this with Eddie Low in IV.

Although he was a random encounter.

Twitter - @JamesB__

UtricularEwe001

i like this idea. icon14.gif

this was in RDR where the serial killer was a cannibal tounge2.gif

Miss Darko

I like the idea of the myths, but that is something that can't really be manufactured. It's up for the players to give power to these myths.

Having the Bigfoot or aliens actually in the game would be cool if they were so incredibly rare that they are not found until years from release... but they'll probably be found within the files of the game long before then, even if their file names have nothing to do with what they are. People can be quite inquisitive, especially if they have reason to believe that they could be in the game- the first place many people will look is the game's files.

Plus, I feel as though it should be more like real life. Bigfoot's and aliens' (that visit or have visited Earth) existence is ambiguous in real life (I certainly don't believe in either), and it should be so in GTA V as well. The best way to do this is to not actually have them explicitly in the game, but rather clues of their existence. Bigfoot's already got a big foot (geddit) in the door, being on the police's emblem. You can find mysterious tracks, hear strange noises in the woods at night, come across various characters who believe in Bigfoot, with funny lines of dialogue peds will randomly say about it. Stuff like that, which keeps you guessing... but not actually making it something that is physically represented in the game.

This works well because it makes the mysterious entities more than what polygons, textures and lines of code could ever make them. Instead, they become superstition in the same way superstition happens in real life. You can watch those "Unsolved Mysteries" type Youtube shows about GTA, and allow yourself to believe it just long enough for it to spook you, to spark your imagination. Of course when you're done you know it's probably all just horsesh*t, like in real life, but the shows are still entertaining and the fact those types of myths even exist surrounding a game is fascinating. This is how they've done it before, I think that's how it'll continue. And I'm sure there will be plenty of glitches that happen at just the right times and places to create unintended myths on their own, like SA's ghostcar.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

On the subject of aliens, maybe have hidden in the forest a spelling machine, hooked up to a silver umbrella, as a reference to E.T. when he tried phoning home. But make it hard to find like between some bushes so you have to really explore everywhere and when you are in the vicinity of it, you can hear a faint beeping noise coming from it so you know it will be somewhere nearby