Do you expect improved physics in all aspects?

Versous

This is a thing I think about alot. I mean IV's physics were a revolution compared to SA, but how much will they improve and how much more realistic will they be? Are they even going the realistic way or back to over the top in terms of physics?

What do you think at what would you prefer?

Edited by Versous

Most probably they will use their experience with RDR and MP3,especially from the last one.

I mean..look a the fluid movements of Max..it's really realistic and enjoyable.

I want to see the same violence and realistic bleeding sistem.

Da Perzinga

The physics will be advanced and improved. Look at the trailer and you can see realistic wind effects and water puddles. And look at the scene of TEQUI-LA-LA and you can see the peds physics are improved too. smile.gif

We wait almost seven months for new solid GTA V information. I hope Rockstar brake the silence soon. There are already people which behave like Zee.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Austria.

I thought that they were fine in IV, but there's no doubt that they'll be improved in some way. One of the things I really loved about IV was the cars' handling, near perfect.

Why do people always compare GTA V with GTA IV? Are they unaware that Rockstar have released other games which shows that they've improved? They're making it "GTA 5" for a reason, because it's going to be different to the forth. It's like GTA 3 and GTA 4, they're completely different. The GTA 3 series games were all similar.

GTA 5 basically means it's a step forward so it's nothing like GTA 4.

Idiots...

G1T

Finn 7 five 11

I want the Physics to be more fluid, much more fluid.

For example, i want Niko to climb a wall really quickly so it seems like one fast motion.

Getting in and out of cars should be much faster.

Sprinting and jumping (Parkour) should be fast and efficient.

Fighting needs to be much faster too.

I want the vehicles to be more responsive, IV when driving every car felt like it weighed 5 tonnes this was especially apparent when accelerating, the suspension was far too soft, the car moved from side to side like like the springs were designed for a pushbike.

So basically i want Vehicles to accelerate faster and be able to change direction a lot easier, sometimes in IV it felt like the analog stick did nothing to change the direction of the vehicle.

In summary i want V's physics to be much smoother, less stop start and more flow, IV felt sluggish in every way.

Da Perzinga
Why do people always compare GTA V with GTA IV? Are they unaware that Rockstar have released other games which shows that they've improved? They're making it "GTA 5" for a reason, because it's going to be different to the forth. It's like GTA 3 and GTA 4, they're completely different. The GTA 3 series games were all similar.

Idiots...

This icon14.gif Why should Rockstar take V to GTA when V is still in the same universe. When it's still in the IV universe then they should have named the game GTA IV: Los Santos or GTA IV: San Andreas or something similar.

We wait almost seven months for new solid GTA V information. I hope Rockstar brake the silence soon. There are already people which behave like Zee.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Austria.

chuckberry04

Idiots...

This icon14.gif Why should Rockstar take V to GTA when V is still in the same universe. When it's still in the IV universe then they should have named the game GTA IV: Los Santos or GTA IV: San Andreas or something similar.

Both replies almost make no sense whatsoever. I can see what you guys are trying to say but it's just idiotic.

Harwood Butch3r

Idiots...

If you're expecting GTA V to be COMPLETELY different to GTA IV as in GTA III to GTA IV different you'll be very disappointed.

It's most certainly going to be an evolution of GTA IV like VC and SA were to GTA III. It's not going to reinvent the wheel.

Edited by Miamivicecity

Idiots...

Well I believe you are the big disrespectful idiot here. And GTA is GTA, I don't Ignore the other games R* released, but this doesn't mean that I can be sure that R* will just use everything they used in their most recent game.

Edited by Versous

Well sorry, you seemed like one of those idiots/morons who are like "GTA IV wasn't particularly good compared to San Andreas, so I might not get GTA V because it will be the same".

G1T

Honest Bill

One of the first things i noticed when playing GTAIV, was how sluggish everything was. I wouldn't say it detracted from my enjoyment of the game, but it was definitely jarring in some situations. The most obvious one being the way you would casually enter cars while there were police shooting at you, and the climbing animations were very cumbersome, as was the general turning circle while on foot.

But having played Red Dead Redemption, my fears have been allayed. It felt like the IV physics but much smoother, although i still feel there is much room for improvement.

And as for car handling, it did feel a little slow, i expect they will have addressed this for GTAV, given the time they have taken to develop it. Rockstar North have never been one to rush games out, and they always aim to improve.

Really, GTA games have never had the best graphics, or the best physics, but as long as it feels reasonable up to date, and the depth of game is there, i would be happy as long as all the glaring issues have been improved.

Oh and motorbike physics in GTAIV were pretty poor, which i wouldn't mind so much, if you didn't come flying off every time you slightly bumped something.

And also, flying out of car windscreens needs to go in my opinion. It was funny the first time, but after that, it became just ridiculous.

Miscellaneous

I want the vehicles to be more responsive, IV when driving every car felt like it weighed 5 tonnes this was especially apparent when accelerating, the suspension was far too soft, the car moved from side to side like like the springs were designed for a pushbike.

Edited by Seddo

Harwood Butch3r

Oh and motorbike physics in GTAIV were pretty poor, which i wouldn't mind so much, if you didn't come flying off every time you slightly bumped something.

Not as bad as the bicycle physics in SA. My god.... wow.gif

Idiots...

The only reason I did so was to just compare that it obviously will've changed a lot. There's nothing wrong with comparing the two.

Gtaghost22

4 years has passed since GTA IV was released, so yes i do expect the physics to be improved over GTA IV/RDR and it's so it will be vastly improved

Edited by Gtaghost22

The only thing that LOOKS the same is the fire. Compare it from IV to the trailer (flaming car scene) and they are identical. But I think the fire will ACT more realistic in this game, spreading and whatnot.

I like IV Physics but I hope Car physics will be improved, in GTA IV I feel like driving a 100kg car and the vehicles are very "bumpy" (extreme soft suspensions etc.)