Why have the graphics improved?

Gta5PP

Do you think this is why GTA 5 has longer development time than GTA IV or seen in the trailer the graphics are for PC, or WII-U.

IBrahemoX1X
Do you think this is why GTA 5 has longer development time than GTA IV or seen in the trailer the graphics are for PC, or WII-U.

i don't think the Graphics are MUCH improved than GTAIV graphics ,

but the GAMEPLAY will be good .

PowerKracker

Same reason why SA has better graphics than III.

Problemses?

ll rdny ll

It's like asking why do you get better at bowling every time you play.

Practice makes perfect.

@IBrahemoX1x

The graphics actually look a lot better than IV.

Game play alone is missing to say much about GTA 5 graphics. But, after release of MP3 and from reviews I have read so far, graphics seem alike GTA 4 with some plus. smile.gif

I am pretty sure GTA 5 looks better than what MP3 has on graphical note.

Again, Hope so!!

Gtaghost22

Well, 4 years has passed since GTA IV and we are in 2012 now so of course the graphics are improved.

P.S: the graphics we saw in the trailer is obviously from the PS3/X360 version, PC will have much better graphics and before you claim i'm a PC fanboy or something i game pretty much always on PS3 but i gotta admit the PC is more powerful

John The Grudge

The graphics in the trailer are much better than in GTA IV. More than anything the lighting seems to have vastly improved.

Yes, it's looking good at the moment. And since development of GTA V apparently took place more than four years later than the development of GTA IV we might see some improvements with the graphics. I don't really care that much about graphics though. But something that bothered me with GTA IV was that I though the graphics were too dark. That could be a problem during night-time in the game and when it's too bright in your own room. I don't want to see that again. I guess you could change the contrast and all that stuff but that was honestly nothing I thought of when I played the game for the first time. Other than that everything looked good in GTA IV and I think we'll be satisfied with GTA V. I wonder how the landscape and countryside will look? We'll se more soon.

Why have the graphics improved?

Well... why not?

Games tend to improve themselves, due to skill of developers and because of fan expectation (COD being the exception).

Harwood Butch3r

It's not as good as VC though IMO. The first time I played SA the first thing I thought was how much better VC looked.

Anyway the graphics are a nice and steady evolution. It mindboggles me though when people say it looks like the Sims.

It makes me want to punch them in the face.

Finn 7 five 11

V's graphics have improved loads and loads from IV, much much cleaner, and that was just the first trailer.

Why graphics improve? Well better technology, more practice and simply because if graphics don't improve customers are left disappointed.

They don't even need to improve that much tbh, I just wanna see SA/LS in HD inlove.gif

Gran Feft Orto

I don't think the graphics look that much better really compared to ballad of gay tony. Maybe the lighting and effects look improved...

And San Andreas looked a bit worse than Vice City and III. That was actually my first impression when i booted up the game. It just didn't seem as crisp and polished. Though i guess that can be explained by the massive map and huge landscapes that had to be created.

Sneakerhead.
I don't think the graphics look that much better really compared to ballad of gay tony. Maybe the lighting and effects look improved...

And San Andreas looked a bit worse than Vice City and III. That was actually my first impression when i booted up the game. It just didn't seem as crisp and polished. Though i guess that can be explained by the massive map and huge landscapes that had to be created.

I hate to say it, but SA did look worse than III and VC when it came to detail, (Those blocky hands. suicidal.gif ) but the lighting was much improved in my opinion. (The orange weather. <------ This is my opininon though, so some people might not like orange weather. smile.gif )

But I have to say that IIIs grittyness, VCs glamour, and SA summertime bloom did look awesome in my opinion. wow.gif

Why have the graphics improved over IV?

Because we are entering the new era, V era.

GTAIII:VC,VCS,LCS,SA

GTAIV:TLAD,TBOGT

I don't think the graphics look that much better really compared to ballad of gay tony.

Look at the tree on trailer especially in the mountain scene, then compare it with the one in TBOGT

How do you know the development time of IV is longer than V?

Rockstar was not much aware about RAGE engine developing GTA IV.Now They know how to perfectly use it,Every upcoming rockstar game built on Rockstar RAGE engine will have graphics better than previous titles.GTA V will have graphics very similar to MP3 but extremely better then IV

Harwood Butch3r
Rockstar was not much aware about RAGE engine developing GTA IV.Now They know how to perfectly use it,Every upcoming rockstar game built on Rockstar RAGE engine will have graphics better than previous titles.GTA V will have graphics very similar to MP3 but extremely better then IV

Just as a matter of interest GTA IV wasn't the first game this gen R* have made using RAGE. R* presents Table Tennis was a 360 exckusive released in 2006 which used RAGE.

Sunrise Driver

It's not as good as VC though IMO. The first time I played SA the first thing I thought was how much better VC looked.

Didn't know GTA SA sucks so badly graphically on PS2.

Cause when I first played it (on PC) it blew me out how realistic game was compared to III and VC.

the graphics we saw in the trailer is obviously from the PS3/X360 version

Don't be silly, hush.

MiamiVice1984

Don't be silly, hush.

LMAO your the silly one if you believe for one second that the trailer was from the PC version. Dream on.

Just as a matter of interest GTA IV wasn't the first game this gen R* have made using RAGE. R* presents Table Tennis was a 360 exckusive released in 2006 which used RAGE.

No. GTA:IV wasn't the first RAGE game. But it was the most ambitious game they had attempted with RAGE at that time. A free roam sandbox incorporating Euphoria.

I think it pushed RAGE to the limit and they will have gathered a considerable amount of experience as a result.

So, what generation of RAGE will this be if you also include things like RDR?

Don't be silly, hush.

LMAO your the silly one if you believe for one second that the trailer was from the PC version. Dream on.

Are you blind? Because I was taught not to make fun of handicapped individuals, so I usually prefer to check first.

Didn't know GTA SA sucks so badly graphically on PS2.

Cause when I first played it (on PC) it blew me out how realistic game was compared to III and VC.

Yeh it was terrible. Mostly because R* took away that bloom option from the menu, meaning every aliased line was a finger constantly stabbing your eyes. It was that bad an eye sore.

I even turned on widescreen on my old square TV because it helped smooth out the lines a tad, even though it made everything look really stretched vertically. It was graphically inferior to most games on Ps2.

That's why I was so happy about the visual quality of GTA IV when it came out, as it was one of the most visually stunning game of its time, a first for the Grand Theft Auto series.

krazy_fool_X

Don't be silly, hush.

Well joke's on you, because it's pretty much industry standard to record multi-platform footage from a console, most likely the 360. I guess it's to give a general insight into how the game will look across all platforms, with the PC version having the added benefit of better graphics if your PC can handle it.

Don't be silly, hush.

Well joke's on you, because it's pretty much industry standard to record multi-platform footage from a console, most likely the 360. I guess it's to give a general insight into how the game will look across all platforms, with the PC version having the added benefit of better graphics if your PC can handle it.

Is that why we saw several bugs on trailer? Such as traffic light disappeared after police car full fill the screen colgate.gif

cherrycola

There are two options: the trailer footage is running in real time on high-end hardware, or it was pre-rendered on current gen console hardware, which wouldn't make much sense. You simply don't get those kind of visuals running that smoothly on a PS3 or an X360, especially not in an open world game.

KC_inFamous

Well if you look at the trailer's graphics you see that they are better than GTA IV's.

inflamedeyeball

You should compare V's first trailer to IV's first trailer if you want it to be fair.

IV trailer:

V trailer:

Don't be silly, hush.

Yes.

Go find a console gameplay footage for GTAIV and then compare it to some of the HD trailers. Consoles can't even render on that resolution, what are you talking about? Well, maybe they could prerender it at about 0.1FPS but what would be the point of doing that?