Wouldn't Rockstar San Diego be involved if ..

AdonnisDotCom

AdonnisDotCom

..San Diego is featured?

It'd only make sense since they are also the creators of the RAGE Engine (and hopefully GTA V V represents a significant advancement in a positive direction for that system).

San Diego's the #1 vacation destination for the upcoming summer. It's a large city that's full of beaches and a thriving homeless beach cultured population. On some beaches the homeless outnumber the surfers (there's a lot of surfers). Every intersection, street corner and parking lot exit is complete with a bum holding a sign seeking money from cars passing by. The police force of San Diego is usually overwYorked and undersized. Meth is a big commodity in San Diego and a point of interest for the cops. San Diego is also a border city and the southern part of the city does have some overlapping border crime. It has direct access to Tijuana, a place that Americans go to buy prescription drugs for cheap.

If San Fierro isn't featured in V I'd like the story to be continued to GTA VI, leaving off right before the character embarks to NorCal where he'll be introduced to, not only San Fierro but Oakland, Vallejo the whole Bay Area and beyond to the Emerald Triangle of Humboldt, Trinity and Mendocino county, the largest

I guarantee a modern day Rockstar rendition of San Francisco would be nothing short of a classic leaving room for some of the most grimiest stories ever told in a video game, centered around the homeless and remnant of counterculture, the countless cutthroat rolling stones who traveled from all over the continent living out of a back pack, sleeping in a park amongst the other broken dreams of America. The game could also highlight hipster subculture and EDM night club scenes, making for a modern day Vice City like vibe.

This would complete a full tour of California. From the border to the Emerald Triangle where marijuana growing is a large portion of the economy. Long hauls to Southern San Andreas from these areas could be a lucrative side mission if drug dealing is included.

Wannabe in LS

The different studios are involved with development anyway. RSD are credited in the LA Noire manual and that was primarily developed in Australia.

inflamedeyeball

Very nicely written post, AdonnisDotCom.

But I personally am more looking forward to more countryside than another city. Los Angeles should be able to accommodate just about any GTA story very well, and I think drug trafficking would end up to be just a really long tedious drive every time, really.

If there's one thing that has me pumped about V like never before, it is the promise of snowy mountain regions from this thread. No way another urban environment, even Las Venturas, can top that.

I think the designers from Rockstar North (in presumably rainy and dreary Edinburgh, Scotland, latitude 56 degrees) said, "It's OK, San Diego guys, no problem, we'll come down to sunny warm beautiful Los Angeles and San Diego, latitude 33-34 degrees, and we will do all the data capture and surveying and mapping and taking pix of beach babes. We'll sacrifice 6 months away from home to do all that hard work colgate.gif And hey, we got a great idea, why don't you all come up to Edinburgh for a little cross-training? You can use our desks in our windowless cubicles, it's OK. There are about 2 million clumps of grass and bushes and trees and rocks that have to be planted in the GTAV countryside, won't that be fun? And a sh*tload of dirt roads to be blended and tuned - hey, you guys are good at that, right? right? ...." wink.gif

I'm gonna do some nit-picking first. RAGE Engine is kind of redundant, and even though I've done it plenty of times, it still bothers me somewhat. I means it's like saying Rockstar Advanced Game Engine Engine after all. With that out of the way, on to the topic at hand.

I don't see why they would be involved in the game if San Diego was the soul purpose. So no I don't think they'd be involved just because of San Diego being a possible location. But I do think they will be involved in the game, just like R* North helped with Red Dead Redemption, and seeing as SD don't really have anything major(that has been announced) going on currently they are, to put it bluntly, just sitting on their asses twiddling their thumbs until TTWO/R* decide upon the date of the next Red Dead title's announcement and subsequent release(I'm going to say 2014/2015, as Agent will hopefully be the next game after V). So they're probably giving North a hand with some of the advancements in RAGE stuff that V will very likely have going on.

AdonnisDotCom

But I personally am more looking forward to more countryside than another city. Los Angeles should be able to accommodate just about any GTA story very well, and I think drug trafficking would end up to be just a really long tedious drive every time, really.

If there's one thing that has me pumped about V like never before, it is the promise of snowy mountain regions from this thread. No way another urban environment, even Las Venturas, can top that.

Thanks, a good discussion between people who share a common hobby can be stimulating. I'm very excited about snow and all the wonderful possibilities it brings along (snowboarding, snowmobiles, skiing, etc.) Eventually they should have a game set in New England with weather being a seasonal issue, it could be centered around a Boston-like city

I think the designers from Rockstar North (in presumably rainy and dreary Edinburgh, Scotland, latitude 56 degrees) said, "It's OK, San Diego guys, no problem, we'll come down to sunny warm beautiful Los Angeles and San Diego, latitude 33-34 degrees, and we will do all the data capture and surveying and mapping and taking pix of beach babes.  We'll sacrifice 6 months away from home to do all that hard work  colgate.gif  And hey, we got a great idea, why don't you all come up to Edinburgh for a little cross-training?  You can use our desks in our windowless cubicles, it's OK.  There are about 2 million clumps of grass and bushes and trees and rocks that have to be planted in the GTAV countryside, won't that be fun?  And a sh*tload of dirt roads to be blended and tuned - hey, you guys are good at that, right?  right? ...."  wink.gif

That would make a lot of sense tounge2.gif

Edited by AdonnisDotCom

yes, i couldn't agree with you more! alien.gif