Every GTA Vehicle should be controllable

WhiteArcticFox

WhiteArcticFox

I don't know about you, but when I see stuff like a Submarine stationary in a dock, Jumbo Jets circling around the airports, huge vessels docked in the harbor I always wish that I could be able to control them myself.

Especially the aircrafts, I am what you call a Aircraft Enthusiast and when I saw those Passenger jets circling around the airports you couldn't hijack in Vice City and IV I always went like this

Also those big tanker ships on the harbors and the submarines in the docks, you always hate the restricted freedom you had with those, sure there are a lot of other vehicles in the game but it's horrible when you see these majestic vehicles but you can't take control of them yourself.

I loved that in San Andreas there really weren't any aircrafts you saw that you couldn't control yourself, be it small bi-planes or big Passenger jets, or that you could hi-jack the trains and control them yourself, why Rockstar decided to scrap all that and not include any of it in GTA IV and restrict what you could do with vehicles in Libert City and what vehicles you could hi-jack.

I was reading the files from Max Payne 3 and they supposedly had information on the vehicles in V, I hated the fact that there was only only aircraft on that list and when I say aircraft I mean plane, 10 helicopters but one plane? That's bullschlacka, judging by the name, Cuban800, it sounds like a light aircraft like the Cropduster we saw in the trailer, I was atleast expecting the learjet aswell and a passenger jet.

TLDR

Every vehicle that is visible in GTA should be player-controllable, be it a submarine, a big freighter, a passenger jet, anything that is a vehicle should be player-controllable, even the AI jets circling around the airfield should be hi-jackable.

What's your opinion on this?

I want to pilot real Ships.

In GTAIV trailer one we saw a ferry but it wasn't in the game sad.gif

StateofMind15

If that list of vehicles is real it's probably not finished...

Every vehicle should be controllable

JamesBuxton

Imagine how fun it'd be flying a fighter jet! You could steal it from a military base or something, now that'd be fun!

Twitter - @JamesB__

JamesBuxton

Imagine how fun it'd be flying a fighter jet! You could steal it from a military base or something, now that'd be fun!

Twitter - @JamesB__

WhiskeyFoxtrot

I would love for every vehicle to be controllable. colgate.gif

32brownsfan
I would love for every vehicle to be controllable. colgate.gif

But it is not possible

PowerKracker

All those huge vehicles like ships would be completely implausible. Ok, I can take a one-man tank, but controlling a submarine all by yourself is pushing it. Plus imagine the strain on the gaming engine.

However, I'd like those big ships to be at least moving scenery that you can at least stop by shooting the crew or something, like trains in RDR.

Problemses?

RomansMoobs
I would love for every vehicle to be controllable.  colgate.gif

But it is not possible

Says you.

Go Browns.

WhiteArcticFox
All those huge vehicles like ships would be completely implausible. Ok, I can take a one-man tank, but controlling a submarine all by yourself is pushing it. Plus imagine the strain on the gaming engine.

However, I'd like those big ships to be at least moving scenery that you can at least stop by shooting the crew or something, like trains in RDR.

Honestly, you're going with Realism above Fun here? confused.gif

It's a video game, not a Simulator, but anyways, I am fairly certain Consoles and PCs that reach that minimum specs are more than capable of handling it

PowerKracker

Honestly, you're going with Realism above Fun here?  confused.gif

It's a video game, not a Simulator, but anyways, I am fairly certain Consoles and PCs that reach that minimum specs are more than capable of handling it

There's a difference from acceptable breaks from reality and going way over the top. Plus I bet a vehicle like a blimp or a submarine wouldn't even handle well.

And we're talking about vehicles that are bigger than buildings.

Yeah, I'm sorry for killing fun. I tend to look at things too logically.

user posted image

Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc

Problemses?

BlackLightning

i'll tell you what makes me mad -- finding a go-kart track with a picture of a go-kart on the wall and finding no go-karts. i don't know what they were thinking with that move. but that was pretty messed up if you ask me. and then they give us a golf cart as a consolation prize. puh-leeze. i want that go-kart.

packardcaribien

Well, the tug in GTA IV was pretty big.

I think that a train, a passenger jet, and even a blimp are all acceptable to be driven by one person; most usually have two or more pilots/conductors but they still work with a single person; making them more realistic than being able to drive a tank, really.

As for large cargo ships and submarines - I think that would be stretching it too far. Unless the map is stupidly large (ie. JC II - size), which I highly doubt, a cargo ship and submarine would feel stupid since it could only circle around a map island, and would be impossible to run with one person crew. Besides; how on earth would the 3rd person camera work for a submarine?

PowerKracker

The problem with the blimp would be that as a lighter-than-air vehicle, it'd be tough to handle. I handled an RC blimp once, now I imagine controlling something like this only a multitude times bigger. Although it'd make a nice joke vehicle...

I suppose it'll be a part of scenery just like in VC.

Problemses?

I wanna ride shopping carts in the middle of the freeway and cause delightfully humorous havoc.

I doubt that cargo ship and ferry or something that big could be driven by one person.

i'll tell you what makes me mad -- finding a go-kart track with a picture of a go-kart on the wall and finding no go-karts. i don't know what they were thinking with that move. but that was pretty messed up if you ask me. and then they give us a golf cart as a consolation prize. puh-leeze. i want that go-kart.

Lol same thing happened to me. I found the go cart track and as super excited until I realized there was no vehicle that could fit on the track... turn.gif

I would love for every vehicle to be controllable.  colgate.gif

But it is not possible

Hahaha, why not?

I completely agree with the OP. I even want to be able to operate the cranes by the docks.

It's true a container ship or tanker can not be operated by one person in real life but guess what, THIS IS A VIDEO GAME!

Large ships are piloted by one person, it just takes a crew to do all the other stuff. They would be slow and difficult to drive but that's what makes it a challenge.

99% of players would probably find it dull but I'm in the 1% that would like it.

It would be cool if they could sink too.

yeah, this is what GTA is supposed to be.. its like when you played with GI Joe's and cars when you were a kid.. or i play the game kind of in that way.

and seeing stuff there which i cannot use makes me feel teased.

like in BF3, where there are civilian cars and you can't use them.. WHY THE f*ck NOT!? you can drive jeeps and all kinds of military vehicles but not a regular car?

these are like the only things i get mad at when playing GTA, its not like it would be hard for them to do it either.. i mean its Rockstar, they CAN but they WONT.

inflamedeyeball

I agree.

If you're not going to make a vehicle pilotable, don't put it in there in the first place, unless there is a really good reason for it, like the passenger planes in IV. San Andreas could have done without that submarine.

It was the worst in RDR. That car and that hang-glider got me very excited, only to be let down later when I found out I couldn't drive / fly them.

I'm pretty sure V's map will be big enough to let us drive a container ship, so if they are in, I want to be able to jack one and see how much innocent lives of the Los Santos public services it takes to stop me. devil.gif