Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,277 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ZZCOOL

GTA V vehicles.ide lines found in mp3 files

Wheatley

I'd hate to bump an old thread but I found part of this video amusing as it goes along with what Rockstar/TakeTwo were probably saying when people found them:

-Wheatley

Shoumaker
This is what R* should put in Grand Theft Auto V

user posted image

The Truck from San Andreas.

user posted image

And the Monster Truck

would be great with the countryside

Dragonjack

Anything new regrading about new vehicles appearing in GTAV?

Shoumaker
Anything new regrading about new vehicles appearing in GTAV?

No not yet

faizanali

Please someone gimme a link i want it bad please the link to vehicle.ide the link on the first page is dead PLEASE!!!!

Shoumaker

Please someone gimme a link i want it bad please the link to vehicle.ide the link on the first page is dead PLEASE!!!!

Try google man

faizanali

Try google man

the only link i came up with more than 50 google searches was on the first page and i can't find it anywhere else HELP!!!

ZZCOOL.

SonofUgly

Here's all the MP3 files I had downloaded from this thread: http://www.mediafire.com/?92lzjw97fjr5qfn

faizanali

Here's all the MP3 files I had downloaded from this thread: http://www.mediafire.com/?92lzjw97fjr5qfn

I LUV U (m not gay)

Thanks man i was looking for that for 90 Hours

Ferocious Banger

Well now,this is in the official news section.

gta v fanatic

I want the F620 back from gta iv):

Diesel311

I agree bro, that was a great car!

Nem_Wan

Not sure how "official" this one is. It's not based on anything Rockstar intentionally disclosed or confirmed to be GTA V related.

Ferocious Banger

Not sure how "official" this one is. It's not based on anything Rockstar intentionally disclosed or confirmed to be GTA V related.

Well, this is moved again.

theworldfamous

Well, this is moved again.

good..

it's one of the crappiest rumors around.. they just kept names from IV to designate vehicles in Max Payne 3 to. It's just a time saver and no indication whatsoever for V.

baguvix_wanrltw
it's one of the crappiest rumors around.. they just kept names from IV to designate vehicles in Max Payne 3 to. It's just a time saver and no indication whatsoever for V.

Sigh, how about reading the thread instead of only repeating what other trolls who have not read the thread (or any of the summaries) have said?

First, many of the vehicle names were in no GTA so far and are also not in MP3.

Second, we found much more than just vehicles.

Third, who had the brilliant idea to move this thread back to the non-fact part (where it belonged in the first place) yet keep the other "look what I found in MP3 - some pics of planes and a map of south africa!" thread there?!

Money Over Bullshit

So is there anything to this or was it all just proved to be nothing??

HOAXi
So is there anything to this or was it all just proved to be nothing??

Think we have to wait and see.

Could be. If it is then I will head right up to the mountain to eat some snow.

ANTHONYGTAV

Well, there obviously isn't one plane. There was the military jet, the crop duster, the private jet and the other planes.

Irrational

Wasn't this topic in "Official News" earlier?

Spider-Vice

Adriaan said the vehicles were from Agent, not GTAV.

ZZCOOL
Wasn't this topic in "Official News" earlier?

they removed it

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

They know so much... /sarcasm

Nem_Wan

They know so much... /sarcasm

Agent is set in the 1970s.

Cyfa

Lol because Adrian works at Rockstar, right? These are clearly something related to GTAV. Also what the f*ck wasn't this in the Official News earlier?..

faizanali

Lol because Adrian works at Rockstar, right? These are clearly something related to GTAV. Also what the f*ck wasn't this in the Official News earlier?..

Praise ADRIAAN LOL

Seriously dozingoff.gif

Andreas

Yeah, I read that comment from Adriaan but it would seriously interest me why he's so sure about it. Some vehicles that were listed in these files were already in GTA IV but I compared the code to the code of GTA IV and they aren't identical. Agent is set in the late 1970s in the cold war so that would explain why there are snowmobiles and so in the files but why are there vehicles listed that were in GTA IV but with altered code? That's what I'm not understanding. Maybe I read too much into it but I'm still interested in what Adriaan knows about it. We will probably never figure it out.

Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian

baguvix_wanrltw

Bump because I was right about "Jimmy" (link in my sig) wink.gif

Story starts where Goodfellas ended. They just didn't name him Jimmy but his son. And they stated they love Jimmy, leading me to believe he might have a bigger part in the game than one would expect after reading the article - since the vehicles are labeled "Jimmy vehicles", so maybe that was the first character they had thought of.

Or maybe they just changed Michael's name to Jimmy after figuring out that that was a little too strong a reference to Goodfellas.

- The "Jimmy" thing is very weird, I think we can all agree on that, why would they have two sections in handling.dat - one named "Max Payne vehicles" with... you guessed it, Max Payne vehicles - and one named "Jimmy vehicles" with vehicles that clearly belong to a GTA game?

I think this is a hint at "Jimmy" actually being the protagonist's name, what other reason could there be to refer to GTA vehicles as his?

Someone suggested he might be a mission giver but that doesn't make too much sense to me personally, see the last sentence.

Maybe (and I'm aware this is wishful thinking) we'll play as "Jimmy Hill" who is a mix of "Jimmy the Gent" and "Henry Hill", the two main characters of Goodfellas (which has always been an inspiration for GTA).

The voice in the Trailer reminds me of Henry Hill/Ray Liotta (yes I know this was discussed before and isn't him but probably Ned Luke who imho sounds almost exactly the same).

Maybe we'll continue where Goodfellas ended, with Jimmy just having fled/being relocated by the Feds to a sunny place (like "Henry Hill" asked for in the movie).

Remember... "Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather... be a good guy for once... play ball, sit in the sun... but you know how it is."

Sounds to me exactly like "Goodfellas 2 - No way out" or a good next storyline for GTA

But of course, there isn't much proof for that right now, again, this is just my wishful thinking.

Jimmy (see this post)

What it comes down to is:

- there are vehicles (that were neither in MP3 nor GTAIV) listed as "Jimmy vehicles" in handling.dat, right next to "Max Payne vehicles"

- these vehicles seem to almost scream "we belong in GTA"

- we do not know who Jimmy is; I like to believe he is V's protagonist. But he might be a mission giver (in V), or the main character from Bully (doesn't make much sense) or the main character of Agent (which I believe is dead, but even if it's not, I doubt a car named "farting", another one named "69" and a bobsleigh would fit what we know about Agent).

Also, in one mission in GTA IV ("Final Interview") Francis McReary greeted Niko Bellic with "Hey, uh, Jimmy". This doesn't explain any of the vehicles either, so it's most likely just coincidence (or, Rockstar having some fun with us by calling GTA IV's protagonist by GTA V's protagonist's name... or, maybe Niko was actually known as "Jimmy" before they decided his real name, and the vehicles are beta vehicles from IV).

- my own personal unproven entirely made up theory is that Jimmy is "Jimmy the Gent" crossed with "Henry Hill" (the main characters in Goodfellas) and we start where Goodfellas left off, after "Jimmy Hill" tried to start a new life after snitching on his old mob buddies; he requested to be transferred "somewhere warm" when talking to the feds.

- If you remember Trailer 1, this *might* fit pretty well (voice similar to Henry Hill/Ray Liotta [apparently Ned Luke iirc], "Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather", "be a good guy for once", "but you know how it is"...)

So where does that leave us? Well. Most likely where it left us before. That stuff was from V after all. Surprise surprise tounge.gif

So get ready for some skiing in between yoga and diving sessions.

Btw, I'm aware noone is gonna read this in the next few days because of new threads springing up every 5 seconds. But I don't care. I'm just glad my guess was right, since I *really* always wanted to play "Goodfellas 2".

EDIT: f*ck me, now I remember. Goodfellas had a Michael too! Michael was Henry Hill's (crippled) brother, the one who was stirring the sauce. Case closed, they just turned his "kid brother Michael" (said like that in the movie) into his son and switched the names around.

If you don't get what I mean: Henry Hill became Jimmy Hill (mix of both of the main characters of Goodfellas, nod to the movie). Then Michael Hill became Jimmy <something> and Jimmy Hill became Michael <something>.

All bow down and praise the mighty baguvix, master of references and seer of connections.

Edited by baguvix_wanrltw

adriansell

Since the Cuban 800 exists both in the list and in the new trailer, I think we can safely say that this vehicles list is 100% real.

Irrational

This just proves that Adriaan knows nothing.