How do I edit the GTA-VC.exe?

Jsmith1980

Jsmith1980

Hi all

I wondered if anyone on here knows how to change the coding in the gta-vc.exe?

I want to have the option of changing in game attributes that are not changeable in the main.scl file.

Thanks

John

It may help to be more specific...

Jsmith1980

Okay colgate.gif

I want to change the weapons carried by the SWAT team and the national guard in Vice City. I know that it isnt possible by editing the main.scl file.

You're gonna need cheat engine program. Memory addresses for SWAT and ARMY are probably around the memory region 004EC000 or 004ED000. I assume this because someone found nitestick that COPS are having with 1 star wanted level:

Police weapons: 0x4ED772 - [byte] - first weapon (Nitestick) 0x4EC21D - [byte] 0x4EC228 - [byte]

I build a code with this addresses so with 1 star wanted level cops are having chainsaws:

{$CLEO .cs}thread 'LOOOL':COPwait 0 05E0: 0@ = read_memory 0x4ED772 size 1 virtual_protect 105E0: 1@ = read_memory 0x4EC21D size 1 virtual_protect 105E0: 2@ = read_memory 0x4EC228 size 1 virtual_protect 1if or0039:   0@ == 4 // integer values 0039:   1@ == 4 // integer values 0039:   2@ == 4 // integer values else_jump @COP05DF: write_memory 0x4ED772 size 1 value 11 virtual_protect 105DF: write_memory 0x4EC21D size 1 value 11 virtual_protect 105DF: write_memory 0x4EC228 size 1 value 11 virtual_protect 1jump @COP05DC: end_custom_thread

Very funny I loooled. lol.gif You could put them some other weapon by changing value 11.

EDIT: Hey Jsmith I got some good news - I found the SWAT gun addresses - here:

004ED7D1004ED7DC

I'm searching for ARMY right now - I'll tell you if I find something.

Yeah I finaly find those - I've been searching them for months - here you go:

ARMY guns:004ED842004ED84D

Enjoy. I'll try to find all wanted gun addresses.

Edited by JACK JONES

Jsmith1980

Thanks for all of your help Jack Jones, this is very much appreciated. icon14.gif

I will have to read over these addresses until I fully understand them before I change anything.

The chainsaw script does sound funny, although I dont think I have enough experience to write something that complicated.

What was the name of the cheat engine software? I used Sanny Builder to change the main.scm file. That didnt work when I opened the gta-vc.exe.

Thankyou

John

Edited by Jsmith1980

It's not so hard to understand - only on the first look. Just read CLEO scrypt tutorial by ZAZ:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=403594

And Cheat Engine is a tool that can open any exe file and gives the ability to change values of memory addresses - just find it with google or yahoo - it's all over the internet and this tool also has its own tutorial. By the way Sanny Builder can NOT open an exe file.

What was the name of the cheat engine software?

Cheat Engine

Jsmith1980

Thanks Deji lol

Gonna start with the changes. Hopefully the game will still load when I am finished making changes.

Thanks again Jack Jones

I will find it with google.

I will also change the weapons that the guys in the ammunation stores have also. I should be able to find those addresses too.

Edited by Jsmith1980

I will also change the weapons that the guys in the ammunation stores have also. I should be able to find those addresses too.

I think that they are in main.scm file.

Jsmith1980
I think that they are in main.scm file.

Really? I will have another look through it and find them.

Jsmith1980

I have downloaded Cheat Engine and I have worked over the tutorials, however I am still unsure as how I can use it to change the settings I mentioned previously.

When I start the game.... Would I need to have the SWAT and National Guard come after me before I can search and change the values? Will the changes I make be permanent?

Thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/?jtks29wma8ofmlm

Army - M4

FBI - Ruger

SWAT - MP5LNG

VICE - MP5LNG

However I'm still searching for COP pistols - looks like there're more then 2 mem addresses for that. And use EDIT instead of double posting.

An off topic question: Does anyone know why cheat engine didn't find these mem addresses after I hit first scan? Is it because they're virtual protected?

Edited by JACK JONES

Ashwin.Star

Will the changes I make be permanent?

No, Until you restart the game

i mean close & start again (not new game) lol.gif

if you want them to be permanent

* make a dll(ASI) that change the mem add as the game starts

* find that address in Gta-vc.exe HEX & change it

@JJ

check out the Memory scan options

also don't forget to load the Models in Script,

otherwise your Game will crash as soon as the cop come with that weapon

I would love to help you both but I am very busy in other scripting stuff

good luck!

Edited by Ashwin the new boy

But I tested the scrypt and there was no game crashing. Also all new weapons are showing up. Aren't the models already loaded in exe file?

Ashwin.Star

Not sure,

but i i remember that My game was crashed when i change COP's 'nightStick' to 'Machete',

Yes you're right - machete is crashing without loading a model but that's not a case with chainsaw and the other weapons I used in my scrypts - everything is fine without model loading - I saw those weapons in police hands - they were visible and there was no game crashing. Hmmmm - strange.

Jsmith1980

Thanks for the file Jack Jones.

Do I just need to place the Wanted Guns.cs file and the text file in the data folder and its good to go?

Thanks

Ashwin.Star

Do I just need to place the Wanted Guns.cs file and the text file in the data folder and its good to go?

Where is that Big Face palm PIC, ohh here it is

user posted image

Did you heard a Name 'CLEO' ?

no ! good

=>when you get file whose extension is .cs

it means that a Cleo Script,

so you need to download a Cleo mod for your game

then install it & put the file in Cleo folder present in Root folder,

& RUN the game

A Big Hint for you

Can't believe you are going to do that Memory stuff

Edited by Ashwin the new boy

Jsmith1980

Okay, cleo is installed and the cs and text file are in the CLEO folder which is in the root GTA Vc folder. I even see at the bottom of the screen when I load the game that CLEO is recognised.

I started a firefight in the game and the SWAT team arrived, however they were armed with their default weapons. I had started a new game from the beginning. Is there anything I may have missed?

Ashwin.Star

No you have installed it in Right way.

Now discuss this Problem its Author [JJ]

Delete the old mod files from CLEO folder and create new text file in CLEO folder and put this in it:

{$CLEO .cs}thread 'W' 0247: load_model #M40247: load_model #RUGER0247: load_model #MP5LNG038B: load_requested_models :Loadwait 0if and0248:   model #M4 available0248:   model #RUGER available0248:   model #MP5LNG availableelse_jump @Load:GSBwait 0gosub @Armygosub @FBIgosub @SWATgosub @Vicejump @GSB05DC: end_custom_thread :Armywait 0 05E0: 0@ = read_memory 0x4ED842 size 1 virtual_protect 105E0: 1@ = read_memory 0x4ED84D size 1 virtual_protect 1if or0039:   0@ == 25 // integer values 0039:   1@ == 25 // integer values else_jump @RArmy05DF: write_memory 0x4ED842 size 1 value 26 virtual_protect 105DF: write_memory 0x4ED84D size 1 value 26 virtual_protect 1:RArmyreturn:FBIwait 0 05E0: 2@ = read_memory 0x4ED820 size 1 virtual_protect 105E0: 3@ = read_memory 0x4ED827 size 1 virtual_protect 1if or0039:   2@ == 25 // integer values 0039:   3@ == 25 // integer values else_jump @RFBI05DF: write_memory 0x4ED820 size 1 value 27 virtual_protect 105DF: write_memory 0x4ED827 size 1 value 27 virtual_protect 1:RFBIreturn:SWATwait 0 05E0: 4@ = read_memory 0x4ED7D1 size 1 virtual_protect 105E0: 5@ = read_memory 0x4ED7DC size 1 virtual_protect 1if or0039:   4@ == 23 // integer values 0039:   5@ == 23 // integer values else_jump @RSWAT05DF: write_memory 0x4ED7D1 size 1 value 25 virtual_protect 105DF: write_memory 0x4ED7DC size 1 value 25 virtual_protect 1:RSWATreturn:Vicewait 0 05E0: 6@ = read_memory 0x4ED8BC size 1 virtual_protect 105E0: 7@ = read_memory 0x4ED8C3 size 1 virtual_protect 1if or0039:   6@ == 23 // integer values 0039:   7@ == 23 // integer values else_jump @RVice05DF: write_memory 0x4ED8BC size 1 value 25 virtual_protect 105DF: write_memory 0x4ED8C3 size 1 value 25 virtual_protect 1:RVicereturn

Turn on Sanny Builder open this text and run compile. This time check all of the wanted guns I changed.

And I double checked - SWAT units are having the new MP5LNG weapons and the ARMY have M4 in my game.

Edited by JACK JONES

Ashwin.Star

@JJ

No need to read & Check them

just Write the Value & i don't think they are VP

i don't think they are VP

Yes they are because when I put VP 0 the game crashes.

No need to read & Check them

Are you saying that 05DF: writes values forever?

Edited by JACK JONES

Ashwin.Star
Are you saying that 05DF: writes values forever?

I mean Why are you Reading & Checking if the Value of Mem Add is equal to Old Weapon IDE ?

as you already know it's Defiantly Old Weapon IDE

So, just Write the Value

It's Not gonna be Change Until you Quit & re Open the Game

-----------------

Anyway the Result will be Same

so Leave it colgate.gif

Jsmith1980

Okay, I copied all that data into a new text file. I used Sanny Builder and ran compile. I have the .cs file and text file in the CLEO folder within the Grand Theft Auto Vice City folder.

I rebooted just to be sure everything was okay. I have ran the game and started a new game.

I started a firefight with the law and the SWAT team and Vice cops are still armed with Uzis.

I think there must be something missing.

There is another CLEO script called Multisave in the CLEO folder, would that be involved somehow? Also I am using a No CD crack with the game, would that affect this?

Jsmith1980

That worked!!!!!! ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou for all you help Jack Jones, I very much appreciate it. icon14.gif

I will learn from your example script how to make more scripts for the game.

I cant understand how the exe file would have been different.

Thank you very much!

Since you are a nooby I suggest you to read Mission Coding for Dummies by Dutchy:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=403790

That's a pretty good explaination of scm coding for beginers (I started with that). And I already gave you the link for CLEO scrypt tutorial by ZAZ.

Also the problem was version of the exe file (we have diferent versions).

I mean Why are you Reading & Checking if the Value of Mem Add is equal to Old Weapon IDE ?

as you already know it's Defiantly Old Weapon IDE

So, just Write the Value

It's Not gonna be Change Until you Quit & re Open the Game

@Ashwin I did that to avoid looping of 05DF. My code will only write new values into these addresses if they have original values - I wanted to be sure that everything works perfect.

Edited by JACK JONES

Jsmith1980

W_98wait 0 05E0: 0@ = read_memory 5167170 size 1 virtual_protect 1 05E0: 1@ = read_memory 5167181 size 1 virtual_protect 1 if or 0@ == 25 // integer values  1@ == 25 // integer values else_jump @W_181 05DF: write_memory 5167170 size 1 value 26 virtual_protect 1 05DF: write_memory 5167181 size 1 value 26 virtual_protect 1 

I notice here that there are two entries for the same weapon for each of the law enforcement officers (SWAT, Army, Vice etc) Are they the primary and secondary weapon? If so, I think I could make things more interesting here.

Nope. They belong to the other things, but I can't recall what they do exactly (one probably loads the model according to weapon ID, another one gives weapon to copped).