Can GTA V's hype beat GTA IV's?

Apollo_33

One thing I remember is that 2007 and 2008 (its first half) were two long years. Waiting for GTA IV, watching the trailers, I was hyped for the release of the game. The whole secrecy about any gameplay footage added to that, in my opinion, made GTA IV the most anticipated title.

Do you think GTA V's pre-release anticipation can beat GTA IV's? It seems like it already with all the conspiracies that are thrown around already. Imagine how crowded forums are going to be once GTA IV information and videos start coming out. Boy will it be a long wait.

inflamedeyeball

I don't think so.

IV was next gen, and its predecessor was better.

(edit: spelling)

Edited by inflamedeyeball

I don't remember being this hyped for IV. San Andreas was another story... I still remember the day I bought it. inlove.gif

interpolfan11

Seeing GTA in a next-gen environment was the backbone of IV's hype, and the reason that V's hype isn't and will never be as strong.

Imagine how crowded forums are going to be once GTA IV information and videos start coming out. Boy will it be a long wait.

You meant V didn't you?

My opinion? GTAV has already beaten GTAIV's hype.

fV9tG4b.gif

Sneakerhead.

Yes, if you were here when the trailer was released, it was HELL!, you had "noobie" gta fans (People who started GTA with IV or SA) joining left and right, you also had a hella lot of leaks and retarded topics. suicidal.gif (I can post some of the retarded topic titles on request.)

Basicly Vanzant already said it. (GTA V has already beaten IV in terms of hype.)

Prometheus
Yes, if you were here when the trailer was released, it was HELL!, you had "noobie" gta fans (People who started GTA with IV or SA) joining left and right, you also had a hella lot of leaks and retarded topics. suicidal.gif (I can post some of the retarded topic titles on request.)

Basicly Vanzant already said it. (GTA V has already beaten IV in terms of hype.)

You weren't here when the trailer was released. monocle.gif

3lIXKDi.png

That question can go two ways.

1. As others have stated, the hype will not be as big as it was for IV because it was the first GTA ggame on the new consoles, so people were excited for the coming of a new era.

2. As years go by and GTA games are made, their fanbase can only grow. Sure it may shrink, but very little; the net increase fanbase is much bigger than the loss, therefore the GTA fanbase is ever-growing, and because of this, every new GTA installment gets hype from a greater amount of people.

I don't remember being this hyped for IV. San Andreas was another story... I still remember the day I bought it. inlove.gif

So do I, it was epic.

But my brother played it first. mad.gif He turned it on straight after dinner and I was still eating! So I had to watch him play it.

G1T

same here, left my night school class early to make the 10pm opening to pick up SA. I'm more hyped for V then i was for IV

thecommander

It seemed like the wait times in between the trailers for IV was shorter than for V. For months between between the first two GTA IV trailers in March and June 2007 compared to 6 or maybe more months for this game since the first one was released on November 2nd. Weather this is helping or hurting hype I'd think it was increasing it across the GTA fan-base by giving us only scraps of information. I personally think that that the casual GTA fan has forgotten all about the game since its been so long since any information was released. I believe that these people will still get the game when it comes out.

Same here. I remember how everybody went batsh*t crazy the first two HOURS after the trailer came out, let alone the first week.

The hype for V is growing by the minute.

The__Phoenix

I agree with Vanzant,GTAV has already beaten GTAIV's hype and the best of all is that we only have a trailer so imagine the hype one month before the launch,then this forum will be totally out of control(if it´s possible,thing that I doubt much)

Da Perzinga

Imagine how crowded forums are going to be once GTA IV information and videos start coming out. Boy will it be a long wait.

You meant V didn't you?

This icon14.gif You people should remember when the first GTA V trailer coming out there was tons of useless and retarded topics. sigh.gif

Edited by Da Perzinga

We wait almost seven months for new solid GTA V information. I hope Rockstar brake the silence soon. There are already people which behave like Zee.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Austria.

I don't imagine the GTA IV hype, I was here, I lived it! The pattern seemed a high probability to repeat with this GTA release, but guess what....?!? It's not

No news print, no stills, no other trailers, no real scoop beyond one measly minute of video. I'm frankly bored with the GTA V trailer, I've thought about every aspect of what it shows, but it's no closer to getting to what this next game is really about! hahaha

GTAknowledge

No, because:

1. GTA IV was announced only 2 years after the huge success of San Andreas. The wave of success from SA would have helped GTA IV.

2. Although GTA IV was an okay game, it has taken over 4 years to announce another GTA. No momentum or benefits of GTA IV will help GTA V.

3. GTA IV was the first GTA game for a next generation console and the first on the RAGE engine. GTA V is not, so graphically there won't be a huge improvement like there was from SA to IV. Graphics is what gets a lot of people hyped for games and is the first thing they notice. GTA V graphics do not appear to be setting any new standards like IV did.

4. There is much more competition now than there was back in 2007. Assassins Creed and COD are 2 big games which have emerged in recent years and were not as popular back in 2007.

However, I think GTA V will still outsell GTA IV (because of the larger amount of console owners and larger market), but it won't get people as excited as they were for GTA IV. icon14.gif.

Chriss0906

you are crazy, of course has already beat it, in the news it showed that in one day it beated justin bieber in google search engine, and that its a LOT.

hell have you even checked the trailer views? GTAV has 16 millons GTAIV has only one!, gtav even beated skyrim in 6 months skyrim only has 12 millons

if you ask me this is going to be the best selling game EVER yes you heard me EVER hands down.

It seemed like the wait times in between the trailers for IV was shorter than for V. For months between between the first two GTA IV trailers in March and June 2007 compared to 6 or maybe more months for this game since the first one was released on November 2nd.

For me personally I was much more anticipated for IV. The trailers were also far better. I hardly watched the trailer of V maybe 5 times. Where-as I went nuts on the IV trailer. They were very well crafted!

sammclean23

Before GTA4, I wasn't really aware of forums such as this and also, never realy publicly shared my exitement for the release of a GTA.

With increasing awareness of sites like this, and the ever expanding soical network, I think the hype could easily be beaten (if not already)

HydraulicWaRiOr

The f*ck are you smoking? It already has.

It has 15,000,000 I believe? What? Compared to 1,000,000?

That's much more hype, 15x that, and we've only seen the 1st trailer.

[supreme]

Thanks to Twitter, Youtube and peoples awareness of those two, V have already got a lot more attention then IV had.

I remember before IV came out me and a friend were talking about it and saying how we won't leave the house for a while because the game would be so awesome, but I am more excited for V than any other game that has ever been released.

So yeah lots of hype, I think it's safe to say GTA has more hype than CoD because CoD gets released every year, we haven't had a new GTA game for 4.

G1T

Sneakerhead.

Yes, if you were here when the trailer was released, it was HELL!, you had "noobie" gta fans (People who started GTA with IV or SA) joining left and right, you also had a hella lot of leaks and retarded topics. suicidal.gif  (I can post some of the retarded topic titles on request.)

Bro, I was here at GTAForums (As a lurker) back when people were talking about ufos and bigfoot sightings in GTA SA. (That had to be around 2006-08) dozingoff.gif

The only reason that I had joined so late, was because I did not want poeple to think that I would be some "newbie" troll. AKA the people who join GTAForums just to sponsor there site/youtube video or post a rickroll/trololo video about GTA V. confused.gif

Mokrie Dela

i was very hyped for IV - next gen and all that. I thought it looked beautiful.

And V? It lacks the excitement for me that IV had due to the new generation, the graphical revolution...

But i'm still hyped, and will be when more information comes. I have simly lost all the hype since november. I hope MP will fill that gap - despite many pathetic butthurt kids, i am buying MP due to my love of the previous ones, and my faith in R*, and my support to that company.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

vijay.genius1
Yes, if you were here when the trailer was released, it was HELL!, you had "noobie" gta fans (People who started GTA with IV or SA) joining left and right, you also had a hella lot of leaks and retarded topics. suicidal.gif  (I can post some of the retarded topic titles on request.)

Bro, I was here at GTAForums (As a lurker) back when people were talking about ufos and bigfoot sightings in GTA SA. (That had to be around 2006-08) dozingoff.gif

The only reason that I had joined so late, was because I did not want poeple to think that I would be some "newbie" troll. AKA the people who join GTAForums just to sponsor there site/youtube video or post a rickroll/trololo video about GTA V. confused.gif

And you were only 7 in 2006..

GTAIV has been already beaten, even with only one trailer.

Is bigger better and now around 120 millions people have next gen consoles!

Harwood Butch3r

And you'll get a taste of my ass whooping machine if you don't stick to the topic and leave the personal sh*t out of it. confused.gif

Anyway I can't say atm to be honest. I think hype will be off the chart once R* get into full swing GTA V mode.

THEMANatwar

The hype for V has already blown IV's hype out of the water. It mostly has to do with going back to San Andreas and people associate that with a really good game from the original San Andreas.

And you'll get a taste of my ass whooping machine if you don't stick to the topic and leave the personal sh*t out of it. confused.gif

Anyway I can't say atm to be honest. I think hype will be off the chart once R* get into full swing GTA V mode.

this. since November my hype has dropped radially, heck i'm even considering skipping V, but i'm sure that once we get more info i'll be as bat sh*t crazy as the next guy.