little traffic problem

jpm1

hi , personnally i gave up using scripts for traffic improvement . but i tried a thing . i tried to modify the cars rarity in the vehicles.ide . for example i set the lincoln town car to spawn with a frequency of 100 and with 4 of that type at the same time , in comparison of the 911 GT2 that i set at a spawn frequency of 25 with only 1 at a time . i set the traffic on 12 % which generally gives good results . but now i have very few cars spawning . police cars and taxi spawn normally but the other cars spawn quite rarely

here's what i tweaked :

admiral, admiral, car, ADMIRAL, ADMIRAL, VEH@STD, VEH@STD_LO4_LO4, 75, 1, 0.2229, 0.2229, 0, 2, 1.0, 0, -

so normally if i read well the wiki lol , that car should spawn with a medium-high frequency with only one of each at a time (per sequence) . but i have ultra empty streets lol (even with traffic set on 100)

RoadRunner71

You can use a taxi bug fix like Traffic Control System (http://gtapolicemods.com/showthread.php?60-Traffic-Control-System-(Yes-another-taxi-bug-fix)), that makes good enought results and doesn't need a great computer to run, and instal the town car as taxi, so will see many of them (I think many Lincoln Town Cars are used as private "taxis").

Or install the TCS for fixing the traffic problem and the Traffic Flow, and in the TF just use the lincoln so it will spawn regularly.

traffic control is buggy . cars spawn everywhere including the airport runway , and they do strange things

RoadRunner71

But is the best you can have if you have a low end computer.

na smile.gif man i got Viper GTS doing head to head with a 747 , or Ferrari doing circles in the middle of the roads . without these bugs it would have been a really nice mod but it's buggy . you can have any driver at a fireftruck command , for a guy like me who is searching realism , it is no good sad.gif

seems the game doesn't load more than 2 types (maybe 3) of normal cars at the same time . and with the bugs that a realistic traffic brings i think it's gonna be tricky to find where these values are , and then to be able to do some modifications . i'm on my timecyc now , i'll have a look to this later

RoadRunner71

Then you can make sure wich wins, a dodge Viper or a Boeing 747 sly.gif

Backing to topic, does the 75, 1, change the frecuency of spawning the cars? I could try changing it to spawn a car that I want to see more in the city (I hope the changes can work with TCS)...

admiral, admiral, car, ADMIRAL, ADMIRAL, VEH@STD, VEH@STD_LO4_LO4, 75, 1, 0.2229, 0.2229, 0, 2, 1.0, 0, -

yes it does . if you set admiral on 75.1 (as above) when admiral spawns there won't be more than 1 at once (2 if 75.2) . but the problem is that i still don't know how GTA manage the different car types of the traffic

link GTA garage

RoadRunner71

So that works when a car is spawned? I mean if that car is not around even changing the value it won't appear, it just increases the same type of vehicle spawned at once?

I been looking, and the car its value I want to edit doesn't have these numbers...

it's a vehicles.ide tweak . no more than 3 (generally 2) types of differents cars at the same time

i confirm the above in GTA no more than 2 or 3 different types of cars at once (not counting taxi and police) . even on 100 traffic stays very low . i'll try with a bit higher same cars frequency setting and see how it goes

RoadRunner71

Changing the spawn level in taxis to affect to the number of cabs spawned at once?

i think so but it may need more extensive tests to be sure . what is sure it's that i set the number of each car type on 10 ,and with trafficload on 50 i still had very empty streets . so i think the game respects the vehicles.ide values whatever it happens sarcasm.gif

• 3 weeks later...

ok , i installed back vanilla cargrp and the traffic went to normal . conclusion , never modifiy parameters linked to cars spawning frequency . as there are only 2 or 3 types of the same car at the same time the only way to get a normal traffic with no texture bugs it's to keep the game like it is .

can somebody add [solved] in title thanks . on my another post i asked to add solved not to lock the thread colgate.gif