...If V was in first person

Pucchiac

It may not seem plausible, but for the sake of conversation - would you prefer V to be in first person camera view, or remain third?

Prefer it to remain in third person, im not overly keen on first person camera view, Obviously handy in some games but in a GTA i think third person is best.

That's like the CoD franchise becoming third person. It just wouldn't be the same.

AtomicPunk
It may not seem plausible, but for the sake of conversation - would you prefer V to be in first person camera view, or remain third?

Only if we could have both. I prefer first-person but wouldn't want anyone else suffering just because of little ol' me, so, I cannot vote in your poll.

El Oso Blanco
That's like the CoD franchise becoming third person. It just wouldn't be the same.

They had 3rd person game modes in Modern Warfare 2. They weren't as good as First Person but they were still there. That's how I feel about a GTA First person view. It'd be cool to have to go to every once in a while, but I wouldn't depend on it. It'd be a cool little thing to have to increase the sense of immersion. Overall it should stay focused on Third Person.

Official General

For the sake of a conversation, you bring up such a stupid topic. And this bullsh*t has already been discussed before.

If GTA ever became a first-person view game, then it would not be GTA, it would be a crime simulator version of Call of Duty or something like that. Just what would be the point of that ? There would be so much restrictions on what you could do in the free-roaming worlds that you see in GTA. Did you not use your thick skull to think of that ??

To answer your question, NO.

Finn 7 five 11

I want both options, sometimes you wanna change up the view.

The poll is completely useless, so I'm getting rid of it. Talking about changing the whole game to first person is absolutely ridiculous. And as far as optional first-person views, there have been plenty of discussion on the topic.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

icon14.gif

3rd person is perfect for gta in my opinion. 1st person would make it so theres no point in buying clothes or customizing your character at all. And half of the fun besides the storyline is watching the protagonist die in different ways.

Who knows, I think I'd have to try it to truly know if it's a good/bad thing or if it really does not make much of a difference to the overall experience. I think gta9414 raises some good points though, it would seem that some of the spectacle would be taken away in first person, however I can see one benefit of first person in that the city you're in may seem a little more real due to the realistic perspective.

...If V was in first person

I couldn't see how good/funny/cool the protagonist:

-when he jump over the fence

-when he fly because explosion

-when rag doll / drunk

etc.

It will become a serious game as COD and contain less fun

The poll is completely useless, so I'm getting rid of it. Talking about changing the whole game to first person is absolutely ridiculous. And as far as optional first-person views, there have been plenty of discussion on the topic.

I'm guessing somebody forgot to check the "Close This Topic" button, so I'll do that.