Pegorino's Pride vehicle problem

KattleloxKop

KattleloxKop

I an issue with the vehicle mods. Specifically in the mission Pegorino's Pride.

When the chase scene occurs, the body of the escaping Pavano's car is pushed below wheel level.

What happens is that I get a mission failure due to the Pavano's car being "destroyed" even though the thugs escape the car normally.

I have the following mods installed

ICE Enhancer 2.0

SparkIV

GTA IV Vehicle installer (I used this to install my car mods)

Is there a way to fix the body/wheel collision?

i have the "low shock absorbers bug" during cars chases but i always could finished the mission . you mean the huntley goes inside the road and explodes ??

I used to have this happen to me all the time when I was doing missions with modded cars. The best thing you could do is put the original car back in just for the mission and then when you finish it, put the modded car back in.

It's just a bug that the game seems to have with some modded cars, especially cars that take damage really badly.

• 2 years later...
Accalarentia

If anyone else is still having this issue and finds this post... here is a simple solution.

It doesnt matter what kind of car mod you have installed, just go to the file \common\data\handling.dat.

- right click on the file to remove the "read only"-flag.

- open the file and look for the line of the "sultan" (thats the car the Povanos are fleeing in)

- put a ; at the beginning of the line

- add this line above: "SULTAN 1520.0 6.5 85 0.0 0.1 -0.7 0.5 5 0.20 1.0 150.0 0.26 0.66 0.7 35.0 1.30 1.00 13.0 0.15 0.47 2.0 1.3 1.0 0.11 -0.12 -0.03 0.5 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.0 18000 440040 0 0"

- the values I replaced are marked in read and they represent the damage multipliers for the four sides of the car

- after this I could instantly finish the mission as intended

Cheers,

Accalarentia