More focus on vehicles this time?

gevans81

I'm hoping that Rockstar really flesh out the whole vehicle side of GTA V, I'm not just talking about vehicle customizations either, give us the option of fuel that depletes over time, realistic damage modeling, give me a private garage somewhere in the city where I can store all of my vehicles, dashboard cams and the ability to hook up our gamer wheels and pedals, this would add so much more to the authenticity of a criminals life on the road imo. I want to be able to drive/cruise through the streets of Los Santos with my windows /hood down, listening to some tunes while taking in the sites, I want to do it realistically. The ability to put dead bodies in trunks could bring a whole new avenue to any assassin missions too.

I'm hoping for a vast number of driving jobs/mini-games, I loved the RS Haul side jobs in San Andreas, delivering cargo to different locations on the map etc.. How about chauffeur side quests where we pick people up and show them the sights in and around Los Santos, or the opportunity to be a getaway driver for a select band of high class crooks? I hope they bring back the vehicle skill system where using any vehicle such as bike/car/plane would see your skill with that vehicle increase over time.

My biggest hope and I had this same dream even before GTA IV came out, that the user could create his own stolen car business, steeling cars, maybe earning enough money to open a showroom etc... Keeping an eye out for the more rare vehicles for discerning customers... That would be good.

The more cars they add the more rare each car becomes. You feeling me?

10 cars - no car is special

50 cars - some cars are special

100 cars - every car needs a lot of searching

500 cars - every car is rare

Racecarlock

As long as the fuel thing is actually an option. I don't care if it takes an in game month to run out, I'd rather have it off so I don't waste my free roam time sitting at a gas station. Making it optional will let me do so while you can still stop all you like and have fuel run out and such. Optional is always better than non-optional.

packardcaribien

All of these are great ideas; but the one thing I hope for is a sense of car ownership. IE, you still steal a car and modify it and take it home, but it isn't disposable. You shouldn't have to worry about your car disappearing in missions or on the road. I tried to play through GTA IV using one car as often as possible, and there were no less than 37 different times in missions when I had to abandon my car or it disappeared. I don't want to be afraid to lose my car.

That's one of the things that Mafia II and Saints Row do well, even if there garage systems (10 cars magically appear out of a one car garage???) are strange.

I do think that windows up and down, as well as convertible tops, sunroofs ect would be cool but IDK how you would map those controls. Also, fuel would be a nice touch.

PowerKracker

What's the point of fuel with the disposable nature of cars in GTA?

But I'd like better damage modelling than GTA IV.

Problemses?

I'm with you on most of it, as long as the fuel's optional (Can I still do the animation for the f*ck of it if I turn the option off? for the occasional RP), also I for sure don't want SA style skills to return, they where neat for the first 20 minutes then they became a chore over time, and served no real purpose, honestly in all but my first play though I cheated them up.

But besides that more focus on driving side missions, and car features are all good.

Fuel was implemented already in Mafia 1 back in 2002 and worked. I don´t get why it was not in SA or IV without modding.

The idea of fuel is that it can f*ck up a mission, and that´s fun.

Car windows down, easy as short/long lights in IV. Hold a specified button down. Add realistic wind/outside audio boost to that.

spacer.png

The fuel thing's easily sorted. All they would have to do is a Fallout: New Vegas style thing near the start where the game asks you if you'd like to play in realistic mode. Eg, you have to visit the petrol station, eat, stay hydrated (as you usually spend a lot of time running), etc.

You shouldn't have to worry about your car disappearing in missions or on the road. I tried to play through GTA IV using one car as often as possible, and there were no less than 37 different times in missions when I had to abandon my car or it disappeared. I don't want to be afraid to lose my car.

user posted image

The fuel thing's easily sorted. All they would have to do is a Fallout: New Vegas style thing near the start where the game asks you if you'd like to play in realistic mode. Eg, you have to visit the petrol station, eat, stay hydrated (as you usually spend a lot of time running), etc.

Yeah a hardcore mode option could work for those who want it, personally I wouldn't play it that way but it's great for those who do. (I did use it in NV but that's a whole diffrent beast)

STR33TDR1FT3R

Fuel could make the game a little more interesting. It could add to the adrenaline while doing missions. I can certainly picture a mission such as escaping from someone with little fuel which forces you to use tactics instead of speed such as taking a rapid turn into a small alley to hide or something similar.

But even if fuel doesn't make it, I'm not so bothered but personally what I'd love to see is a lot more cars and types of cars. Car damage is another thing I personally would like. GTA 4's damage was pretty good but still unrealistic.

I'm not trying to turn GTA into a simulation but I really do think realism should be given more attention.

packardcaribien
You shouldn't have to worry about your car disappearing in missions or on the road. I tried to play through GTA IV using one car as often as possible, and there were no less than 37 different times in missions when I had to abandon my car or it disappeared. I don't want to be afraid to lose my car.

user posted image

I'm going to agree with you, considering you copied exactly what I said.

I want to get a car at the begining of the game, customize it, and use it for the rest of the game and beyond, being the only car I use except in extraneous mission situations or to impress GFs etc.

Preferably the new Tornado.

I like where you are going! Some things are a little bit too out of the box, but yeah I reallly love cars. Ithink gta iv did a decent job.

But even if fuel doesn't make it, I'm not so bothered but personally what I'd love to see is a lot more cars and types of cars. Car damage is another thing I personally would like. GTA 4's damage was pretty good but still unrealistic.

I'm not trying to turn GTA into a simulation but I really do think realism should be given more attention.

Fuel is the only thing off putting to me, and it's just because of the type of game GTA is. But yeah I really want to see more cars and more variety between them, and also damage needs to be improved, GTAIV was a step in the right direction, but somethings need some major tweaking one of them being that when the car got heavily warped you could see floating paint scratchs arround the car at times, which got pretty annoying.

Also some minor physics tweaks would be nice. Because while I love IV's physics it occasionaly had some moments that had me saying "What, the hell?" though I was usually laughing my ass off about it to do it's a Win-Lose so to speak.

Edited by Mr.c TO the J

All of these are great ideas; but the one thing I hope for is a sense of car ownership. IE, you still steal a car and modify it and take it home, but it isn't disposable. You shouldn't have to worry about your car disappearing in missions or on the road. I tried to play through GTA IV using one car as often as possible, and there were no less than 37 different times in missions when I had to abandon my car or it disappeared. I don't want to be afraid to lose my car.

That's one of the things that Mafia II and Saints Row do well, even if there garage systems (10 cars magically appear out of a one car garage???) are strange.

I do think that windows up and down, as well as convertible tops, sunroofs ect would be cool but IDK how you would map those controls. Also, fuel would be a nice touch.

Yea, i liked driving black oracle on missions but it almost always disappears, that's why i would like for cars to always be stored in garage like in mafia 2.

user posted image

AdonnisDotCom

I like the idea of making car theft a bigger part of the game, also adding the element of value to the more scarce cars, but high priced and customized vehicles are common in modt areas of Southern California. Obviously the cars of the area should reflect the economic position of the people in the surrounding areas but in areas like the beaches, Hollywood, Sunset Blvd, Beverly Hills and Wilshire Blvd, nice, high priced automobiles should obviously be common here and there should also be some more rare gems rolling around these areas.

Apart from fuel, I agree with pretty much all of of OPs ideas. But I never really have a car long enough for fuel to deplete anyway. tounge.gif

Now everybody talking about fuel. It's very sensitive matter even in games. lol

OT: I point the yellow taxi. I see 255 on the passenger seat, I thought if I call that number it will connect to the taxi depot

but it doesn't and all we got is free roman taxi with annoying chit-chat. I prefer pay.

When you press 'quick' button on taxi ('space' on PC), well they drive fast and reckless. It's funny but when they stuck with car in the front, they will move back in certain distance. If the car doesn't reach that distance because something bothering like car behind, it keep try moving backward while the car in the front has move far. Doh! dozingoff.gif

Can't they just add a percentage of the chances of one loading in your ''cell''/screen/area? Some more rare then others and some are common.

packardcaribien

Also, and since people are discussing the rareness of cars and spawning ect.

One thing I desperately hope to be gone by next time is cars spawning based upon what you are currently driving. Don't have that enter in AT ALL. I don't want to drive a super rare car (ie hearse/inferneus) and have 10 of them show up. I want to know what district to look for for a car, not what other car to look for to drive to make the car I want spawn.

Anyone with me?

Also, and since people are discussing the rareness of cars and spawning ect.

One thing I desperately hope to be gone by next time is cars spawning based upon what you are currently driving. Don't have that enter in AT ALL. I don't want to drive a super rare car (ie hearse/inferneus) and have 10 of them show up. I want to know what district to look for for a car, not what other car to look for to drive to make the car I want spawn.

Anyone with me?

Yeah that too, it was annoying to get a Sultan RS which never spawns at all except in one place, to pop up and be the most common car in the game when I would drive it.

It would be hilarious if you could press up and whistle for your car, and your car would come racing to you like horses did in rdr.

No? Don't like the idea? I guess we are just going to have to live with disappearing cars then.

It would be hilarious if you could press up and whistle for your car, and your car would come racing to you like horses did in rdr.

No? Don't like the idea? I guess we are just going to have to live with disappearing cars then.

sweet jesus, that is such a good idea.

infamous gee

i could care less about the fuel, the thing im waiting on is a speed ometer....i just want to know how fast im actually going lol and the ownership of a car because how can anyone carry like 5 guns in their pockets? pop open the trunk and have access to you persolan aromery.

but thats just not the style of gta

My god, that just made me laugh to no end, and at the same time is brilliant.

GTAgamersquirrel

What is this? Herby?