The crews might be hinting at somthing

Charlie Meadows

Charlie Meadows

R* just unveiled their new crews on the social club. You should take a look at the official Rockstar crews. I noticed something interesting, each San Andreas city has its own crew. None of the other GTAs have their city subdivided into multiple crews. Now that makes sense for Vice City because there wasn't a big difference between the two islands. The same can't be said for GTA IV. There was a significant difference between all the different areas and each had their own style and subculture much like the actual New York city. This isn't definitive proof but any stretch of the imagination, I find it hard to believe that R* wouldn't give IV multiple crews but they would for SA, a game that came out in 2004. It is my opinion that the reason there are the individual SA cities represented as crews is not because of the first SA but instead because of GTA V. We are going to have multiple cities and that's why we have those three crews instead of having one all encompassing crew. If its just Los Santos then that's the only crew we need but instead we have the other two as well. Think about it.

Isn't it just because San Andreas is a state containing 3 cities, whereas Liberty City is just a city that stands on its own... the San Andreas state may well still contain those 3 cities in terms of the game world references etc but doesn't mean they are actually all playable cities on GTAV's map. I bet we will only be able to play in Los Santos and countryside, but we'll always hear and see references to LV and San Fierro on the game's radio and posters etc. Just to help get us into the GTA "universe".

The__Phoenix

I am tired of this sh*t.LV and SF WILL NOT BE IN THE GAME!!!! suicidal.gif

Charlie Meadows
Isn't it just because San Andreas is a state containing 3 cities, whereas Liberty City is just a city that stands on its own... the San Andreas state may well still contain those 3 cities in terms of the game world references etc but doesn't mean they are actually all playable cities on GTAV's map. I bet we will only be able to play in Los Santos and countryside, but we'll always hear and see references to LV and San Fierro on the game's radio and posters etc. Just to help get us into the GTA "universe".

Take a look at RDR then. It spanned multiple countries, let alone states and it only has one crew. It certainly could have had a few crews, its newer then IV and it's regions were widely different. Instead the only game to get this treatment is a 2004 title!? I find that hard to believe unless R* is planning on doing something with those cities in GTA V.

R* just unveiled their new crews on the social club. You should take a look at the official Rockstar crews. I noticed something interesting, each San Andreas city has its own crew. None of the other GTAs have their city subdivided into multiple crews. Now that makes sense for Vice City because there wasn't a big difference between the two islands. The same can't be said for GTA IV. There was a significant difference between all the different areas and each had their own style and subculture much like the actual New York city. This isn't definitive proof but any stretch of the imagination, I find it hard to believe that R* wouldn't give IV multiple crews but they would for SA, a game that came out in 2004. It is my opinion that the reason there are the individual SA cities represented as crews is not because of the first SA but instead because of GTA V. We are going to have multiple cities and that's why we have those three crews instead of having one all encompassing crew. If its just Los Santos then that's the only crew we need but instead we have the other two as well. Think about it.

They are throwbacks to the sports teams used in past games, Liberty City Cocks, Vice City Mambas, San Fiero 69ers, etc, go and look at your old GTA Manuals, you'll see sppof adverts for these teams, especially in the San Andreas one as each team in listed in the ads.

They are throwbacks to the sports teams used in past games, Liberty City Cocks, Vice City Mambas, San Fiero 69ers, etc, go and look at your old GTA Manuals, you'll see sppof adverts for these teams, especially in the San Andreas one as each team in listed in the ads.

That sums it up well.

Charlie Meadows

Liberty City has more than one sports team, if that was the only deciding factor we'd see a few Liberty City crews.

Liberty City has more than one sports team, if that was the only deciding factor we'd see a few Liberty City crews.

Not in the most recent era, Cocks and Beavers are in the III era, in the IV era, only Swingers exist.

Will you be more disappointed that they only went with 1 team for LC or that when you get GTA V it will only contain Los Santos and the surrounding areas like Rockstar said?

Charlie Meadows

Not in the most recent era, Cocks and Beavers are in the III era, in the IV era, only Swingers exist.

Actually you're wrong, in addition to the Swingers there are also the Liberty City Penetrators and the Liberty City Rampage.

Neo Arcadia

First Dan says he can't say anything about the map that's not already in the press release, and now this...

My suspicion remains constant.

This Meadows guy is well equipped for debate, he's shutting everyone down lol.

Actually you're wrong, in addition to the Swingers there are also the Liberty City Penetrators and the Liberty City Rampage.

They're not Football Teams. wink.gif

edit: And neither are the Swingers, I'm confused now, they've ignore the Baseball teams in the III era but done the opposite for IV.

I have some similar thoughts. The crews represent differen t city but there must be something special about Los Santos. With GTA V Coming ahead, Los Santos crew is gonna make a hit. Vice City crew is pretty good. But GTA V must have some connection with other San Andreas cities. We are yet to find it.

user posted image

Charlie Meadows

Not sure if you're serious but the Swingers are a baseball team and the 69ers are a football team. Each of these is a crew so the type of sports doesn't seem to matter.

Not sure if you're serious but the Swingers are a baseball team and the 69ers are a football team. Each of these is a crew so the type of sports doesn't seem to matter.

Actually, you're missing something big here, who are the Los Santos Bangers? They're not a sports team listed yet.

So what every GTA city has a crew. Big f*cking deal. Don't get your hopes up.

Charlie Meadows

Actually, you're missing something big here, who are the Los Santos Bangers? They're not a sports team listed yet.

They could be a sports team that we've yet to see or it could just be an interesting crew name. Same thing could be said with the Las Venturas Bookies. We'll find out when we're cruising down the strip.

So what every GTA city has a crew. Big f*cking deal. Don't get your hopes up.

It is a big deal because SA, a 2004 release, has more R* crews than any other game title. The GTA prequels don't even get one crew but SA gets three.

Edited by Charlie Meadows

We have seen played games like Golf in trailer. Maybe we shall have playable games or see Peds of game players. Los Santos Bangers maybe a football team. 69ers are sure to be displayed as ped models or in advertisements on Bilboards.

user posted image

• 1 month later...

I thought Los santos Bangers were referring to the 'crips' gang hence the blue Los Santos logo..

Where can we see these crews?

It's quite odd...why a 2004 game? Unless it's actually for GTA V. Why not have a crew for Broker/Dukes/Bohan and Algonquin in IV? or New Austin/West Elizabeth/Nuevo Paraiso in RDR?

I hope San Fierro/Las Venturas are in the game. I also wonder what it was that Dan couldn't say about the map. What has he got to hide if it's just really Los Santos and surrounding beaches/hills? Didn't the first SA trailer only show Los Santos as well?

I hope San Fierro/Las Venturas are in the game. I also wonder what it was that Dan couldn't say about the map. What has he got to hide if it's just really Los Santos and surrounding beaches/hills? Didn't the first SA trailer only show Los Santos as well?

i said that a while back, but as usual some people on here know everything and said no cause houser said it just L.S etc etc.

they dont seem to understand the significance of what he said 'I have to be real careful here', and sticking to what the press release said,

why would he say this if it was only L.S.....

I do have a life you sad c*nt as if i give a f*ck about your ban, you can stick you know where.

Lets see how much of a life you actually have.

Regards,

G

UtricularEwe001

i said that a while back, but as usual some people on here know everything and said no cause houser said it just L.S etc etc.

they dont seem to understand the significance of what he said 'I have to be real careful here', and sticking to what the press release said,

True and also they are working on this game for nearly 3- 4 years, So the game might feature multiple cities.

After all this waiting, I hope this will be one mofo... game of all time lol.gif

First Dan says he can't say anything about the map that's not already in the press release, and now this...

He already did...

In the press release you can read, that it's gonna be rockstar's most ambitious game, but in a interview he said that the map is going to be very Big!

Charlie Meadows

He already did...

In the press release you can read, that it's gonna be rockstar's most ambitious game, but in a interview he said that the map is going to be very Big!

I believe that this is all the same interview. I too am suspicious, and I suspect that we may see 4 cities instead of three with San Diego making its debut.

True and also they are working on this game for nearly 3- 4 years, So the game might feature multiple cities.

After all this waiting, I hope this will be one mofo... game of all time lol.gif

Assuming they started working on it just after IV. Maybe June/July 2008 then that has given them 4 years! I think that's above the average time they've took to develop a GTA game.

I - 1997

II - 1999

III - 2001

VC - 2002

SA - 2004

IV - 2008

It only took them 2 years to make San Andreas! Which, as we all know, had 3 cities. IV took 4 years because they were creating a new engine for the new hardware of the PS3/360. For V, Instead of having to create a brand new engine/get used to new hardware they can just get right into making the game.

If they have spent the same amount of time on V as they did on IV then this game is gonna be amazing! It could be much bigger in terms of story, gameplay or map size! If there isn't 3 cities then Los Santos is gonna be unbelievably huge! I can't wait!!

GTA III was the first game of last-gen consoles and it only had Liberty City in it! San Andreas was the last and had 3 cities. If you compare the differences between LC/SA maps then it is just amazing. LC just looks so tiny in comparison. I hope V does to IV what SA did to III biggrin.gif. Look at the size of LC (IV) map and imagine it being at least x4 the size!

This could be San Andreas 2. Best seller of this generation just like San Andreas was the best for last-gen!

Edited by mntns86

Johnny Playert

Because, they could've EASILY made it part of the marketing to keep this up for debate, let people speculate. Creates more hype that way.

This combined with the official statement, clearly means no SF/LV. Since Frisco and Vegas aren't in Southern California.

But i'm not having this discussion again.

Charlie Meadows

Because, they could've EASILY made it part of the marketing to keep this up for debate, let people speculate. Creates more hype that way.

This combined with the official statement, clearly means no SF/LV. Since Frisco and Vegas aren't in Southern California.

But i'm not having this discussion again.

The official statement does not definitively state that it is only Los Santos, merely that it includes Los Santos. This isn't a clear cut answer no matter how much you really want it to be. We simply don't know at this point what's going to be in the game. That's why when R* does something like make official crews for LV and SF its worth noting.

Edit

Noticed your sig, new Breaking Bad in less than a week. Its going to be amazing.