VC:MP error

Los Santos Pedestrian

Los Santos Pedestrian

Why can't I use VC:MP? I seem to have everything right, but when I try to connect to a server, I can only play the regular Vice City. Then once I try to exit out of the server browser, I get an endlessly repeating error that says:

"Access violation at address 004D023A in module 'vc-mp.exe'. Read of address 00000015."

Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
Why can't I use VC:MP? I seem to have everything right, but when I try to connect to a server, I can only play the regular Vice City. Then once I try to exit out of the server browser, I get an endlessly repeating error that says:

"Access violation at address 004D023A in module 'vc-mp.exe'. Read of address 00000015."

Any suggestions?

Verify your game directory and make sure all the of the VC:MP components are installed. If this continues, it's because VC:MP was not built for Windows Seven. Windows Seven's GUI has multiple problems with VC:MP.

If W7 is the problem, run the game as Admin and set the compatibility for Windows XP SP3.

Los Santos Pedestrian
If this continues, it's because VC:MP was not built for Windows Seven.

I'm using Vista.

Anyway, this was made 20 days ago, and I already have VC uninstalled so this serves no purpose anymore.