Gas cap?

Pilotmonkey

Pilotmonkey

Im not sure in which game i think GTA IV it was removed... Although if we might have gas it will probably return.But it might not be explosive

Snake Without a Tongue

It was kind of silly. I failed a number of missions in SA because of a stray bullet hitting a gas cap. I think IV perfected the damage to explosion ratio. I hope it doesn't come back (and judging by the cars in the trailer it won't).

HeNDo6750

I think it should, but not explode when a bullet hits the petrol/gas cap

Hydro_PlayboyX

dude, sometimes if tank filled with petrol gets hit directly by a bullet it doesn't explode, why would shooting it in cap make it explode

It was fun in SA, I don't really care if they bring it back or not, if they do it will just be a quicker way to blow a car up.....which is already pretty fast if you have an RPG

Mokrie Dela

I've been told that shooting a gas tank does nothing in realiife.

It's too much IMO. Iv got it right

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

I don't get it how people think that shooting in gas gap could blow up a car.. nothing happens.

Anyway it would be nice detail to the vehicles but I wouldn't really want it to be explosive.

Snake Without a Tongue

A ruptured gas tank can cause a rapid fire. I've had it happen to me. But realism is less important than how well it works in the game. Immediate explosions just weren't fun in SA. IV got it right, I think.

mikkenugent
dude, sometimes if tank filled with petrol gets hit directly by a bullet it doesn't explode, why would shooting it in cap make it explode

Sometimes it does irl sometimes it doesn't. If the bullet creates a spark they ignite the fumes that set off a chain reaction, granted this doesn't always happen.

O.T. I'd like for the gas caps to return but with my example above bein implemented, if they don't im cool with that as well.

Sometimes it does irl sometimes it doesn't. If the bullet creates a spark they ignite the fumes that set off a chain reaction, granted this doesn't always happen. 

Its very unlikely in real life that gastank explodes when hit by a bullet.

Meh, don't really care.

I liked it in SA and missed it in IV, i don't know if i would care though.

In the show Mythbusters they tried to shoot the gas tank on a car, they did and nothing blew up.

In movies the cars do blow up.

Which way should GTA go? If you ask me, the realistic way.

Edit: Besides, who really cares, since we all know V will have no cars, but all wheelchairs, which do not run on gas. ;D

Joaoseinha

Seriously,people don't care about this insignificant stuff,they are just bored 'cause of the lack of info so they make pointless threads.

Anyway,I don't really care.If it's in,fine,I might use it in multiplayer tbh.If it's not,I don't care really,I won't even notice.

Triple Vacuum Seal
It was kind of silly. I failed a number of missions in SA because of a stray bullet hitting a gas cap. I think IV perfected the damage to explosion ratio. I hope it doesn't come back (and judging by the cars in the trailer it won't).

This. GTASA's inclusion of the feature was pure buffoonery.

mdniterder

I kinda missed it, using a sniper riffle creating havoc, but I didn't cry cause it was gone. I found other ways. I just hate that peds now run when a gun is held on them.

Gas needs the right mixture of air to fumes to ignite, gas tanks don't have that mixture until you are down to empty and running on fumes so to speak. And even if you do get it to ignite, the "explosion" wouldn't be enough to rupture the tank let alone blow up the car.

TenEightyOne

Liquid petrol is very very difficult to light/detonate, you need petrol in vapour form... and then you need LOTS of oxygen too, it's consumed very quickly.

That's why petrol tanks don't normally explode at all, they need to be ruptured (as someone else posted) and the petrol needs to begin to vapourise. Then... boom biggrin.gif

mikkenugent

Its very unlikely in real life that gastank explodes when hit by a bullet.

But it happens, is there a illness u have which only lets u read part of a post? As in my previous post I stated that sometimes it can and has happened other times it doesn't.

sonnyBlack

I just want gas caps to return in V, but not explode like in SA. I only want them back because in IV it really bothered me that they were left out, despite R* making the vehicles more detailed. If you're going to add details like radio antennas, vehicle brands and model names to the cars, then why leave out the gas cap? That decision never made sense to me. whatsthat.gif

In the show Mythbusters they tried to shoot the gas tank on a car, they did and nothing blew up.

In movies the cars do blow up.

Which way should GTA go? If you ask me, the realistic way.

Edit: Besides, who really cares, since we all know V will have no cars, but all wheelchairs, which do not run on gas. ;D

I don't think they should go any more for the realistic gameplay.

How realistic is it that we survive a frontal crash with a concrete wall in like six thousand MPH?(Yes, six thousand tounge.gif)

How realistic is it that we survive getting sprayed with bullets?

Exactly, this game isn't THAT realistic so a bullet to the gas cap that makes the car go boom isn't really a big deal.

It makes the game a bit more fun, right? Right.

Pilotmonkey
I just want gas caps to return in V, but not explode like in SA. I only want them back because in IV it really bothered me that they were left out, despite R* making the vehicles more detailed. If you're going to add details like radio antennas, vehicle brands and model names to the cars, then why leave out the gas cap? That decision never made sense to me. whatsthat.gif

They dont want Brand names because i guess companies wouldn't like to see their cars shot,blown up, Crashed..ECT

AtomicPunk

F^*k a buncha gas caps. Just make the gas tank explode 50% of the time when hit with a bullet. I mean if a f^*king gas cap is on there for cosmetic reasons, then fine. But don't make it a detonation button for a bullet. That's just shtupid. I would think it realistic though if you unloaded into the hood of a car and the motor start clanking, then shut down. I used to measure a game by shooting the tire, in any game, and if the tire doesn't deflate, then that game sucks hairy moose c**k. R* always adds a little more than any other developer, IMO, so I think V will be very detailed and we will all be shi**ing in high cotton when it comes out.

good day

In GTAV they shouldn't automatically explode, but they should catch fire, exploding eventually if you don't get the f*ck outta there in time.

Pilotmonkey

What i think.... If Shot Gas starts to leak out and you car stops because of low gas

saintsrow

I don't think they should go any more for the realistic gameplay.

How realistic is it that we survive a frontal crash with a concrete wall in like six thousand MPH?(Yes, six thousand tounge.gif)

How realistic is it that we survive getting sprayed with bullets?

Exactly, this game isn't THAT realistic so a bullet to the gas cap that makes the car go boom isn't really a big deal.

It makes the game a bit more fun, right? Right.

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif Agree. Explosions are fun colgate.gif