GTA V not a PS3 exclusive

GTAsince97

GTAsince97

I have seen people post it repeatedly. I have seen it over and over. "GTA V is a PS3 exclusive". There is a pride involved with brand loyalty for the maker of your console. I get that. I started as a proud Playstation only guy. But after a catastrophic event destroyed my beloved PS2, I was given an Xbox by a friend of mine and haven't looked back since. I don't want to start some drama about who makes the best console. I just want to deliver some facts that can easily put to rest the idea that GTA V will be a PS3 exclusive.

1. The day the first trailer was released, it was available to view on Xbox live. There is no way that Bill Gates, a man purported to be ruthless in the business world, would ever advertise a product intended only to operate on his competitors equipment.

2. Xbox holds a 40% share of the market in console sales for this generation. The list of consoles included in this percentage figure in no particular order: Wii, Xbox, Playstation 3. There were over 60,000,000 Xbox units in the hands of consumers as of 2011. With 40.000.000 belonging to Xbox live. Sony does not put sales figures out about there consoles with exception to reporting quarterly sales figures. Generally speaking this makes good business sense when you are not the #1 selling product for that market.

3. Rockstar has tended to lean in favor of Xbox in recent years. Take a look at what they did with the DLC for GTA IV. It was released on Xbox well before Playstation users got their hands on it.

Given this information, I highly doubt Rockstar intends to alienate 40% of the market. Especially since the #1 largest selling console is the Wii and is absolutely trouncing the overall sales of the PS3 and Xbox. And as we all know the Wii does not have near the computing power to handle GTA V. So you know it's not being developed for that system. There is no possible way Rockstar is going to make a decision as irrational as counting out well over 50% of it's potential customer base to sell their #1 hottest game in their lineup. Feel free to weigh in. Feel free to attack me personally and angrily. I've said all I can say. Do some research if you feel like it. But MARK MY WORDS Xbox players and Playstation players will have the same opportunity to play this awesome title. Feel free to ridicule and lambast me for all of eternity if I turn out to be wrong. If I am, that just means that my beloved Rockstar has lost it's mind and it's time to move on to saner pastures!!!!!!

Please provide some logical reasons why you think it's a PS3 exclusive if that's your position. I'm dying to know why this idea is so popular. devil.gif

As a PS3 owner and fan I agree, R* are loyal to both Sony and Microsoft, unlike some cough#bethesda#cough.

I have seen people post it repeatedly. I have seen it over and over. "GTA V is a PS3 exclusive". There is a pride involved with brand loyalty for the maker of your console. I get that. I started as a proud Playstation only guy. But after a catastrophic event destroyed my beloved PS2, I was given an Xbox by a friend of mine and haven't looked back since. I don't want to start some drama about who makes the best console. I just want to deliver some facts that can easily put to rest the idea that GTA V will be a PS3 exclusive.

1. The day the first trailer was released, it was available to view on Xbox live. There is no way that Bill Gates, a man purported to be ruthless in the business world, would ever advertise a product intended only to operate on his competitors equipment.

2. Xbox holds a 40% share of the market in console sales for this generation. The list of consoles included in this percentage figure in no particular order: Wii, Xbox, Playstation 3. There were over 60,000,000 Xbox units in the hands of consumers as of 2011. With 40.000.000 belonging to Xbox live. Sony does not put sales figures out about there consoles with exception to reporting quarterly sales figures. Generally speaking this makes good business sense when you are not the #1 selling product for that market.

3. Rockstar has tended to lean in favor of Xbox in recent years. Take a look at what they did with the DLC for GTA IV. It was released on Xbox well before Playstation users got their hands on it.

Given this information, I highly doubt Rockstar intends to alienate 40% of the market. Especially since the #1 largest selling console is the Wii and is absolutely trouncing the overall sales of the PS3 and Xbox. And as we all know the Wii does not have near the computing power to handle GTA V. So you know it's not being developed for that system. There is no possible way Rockstar is going to make a decision as irrational as counting out well over 50% of it's potential customer base to sell their #1 hottest game in their lineup. Feel free to weigh in. Feel free to attack me personally and angrily. I've said all I can say. Do some research if you feel like it. But MARK MY WORDS Xbox players and Playstation players will have the same opportunity to play this awesome title. Feel free to ridicule and lambast me for all of eternity if I turn out to be wrong. If I am, that just means that my beloved Rockstar has lost it's mind and it's time to move on to saner pastures!!!!!!

Please provide some logical reasons why you think it's a PS3 exclusive if that's your position. I'm dying to know why this idea is so popular. devil.gif

Please don't flame on PS3. They're both good consoles.

BullworthAcademy

Damn it,we already knew it's not going to be PS3 exclusive.

el_roy1985

Would be funny if it was though.

But yeah, I don't think anyone with half a brain actuallu expects it to be a PS3 exclusive. I just hope they optimize it better for the PS3. Heck, maybe even develop it on PS3 and port it to the 360. Then we'll see some truely impressive graphics...

Jimmyhetfield

who believed the one console exclusive claims in the first place anyway?

I feel another 'you don't say' picture coming...

MrcTOtheJ
As a PS3 owner and fan I agree, R* are loyal to both Sony and Microsoft, unlike some cough#bethesda#cough.

Are you on about the Skyrim DLC, or the buggy Skyrim on the PS3, they fixed the bugs, and R* did the same thing with EFLC if you're talking about the DLC.

EscoLehGo

There's a whole thread devoted to the possibility of it being PS3 exclusive because of some Sony guys tweet. There are several tards and mongoloids who genuinely think it might be exclusive to one console.

Edited by EscoLehGo

As a PS3 owner and fan I agree, R* are loyal to both Sony and Microsoft

Gotta disagree. Just look at GTAVCS, LCS and RDR. dozingoff.gifdozingoff.gifdozingoff.gif

Are you on about the Skyrim DLC, or the buggy Skyrim on the PS3, they fixed the bugs, and R* did the same thing with EFLC if you're talking about the DLC.

Both I suppose, but Todd Howard has said himself that he prefers the 360, which is fine but he shouldnt let his fanboy tendencies hinder the PS3 version of the game, which is what happened with Skyrim. Microsoft just beat Sony to it with EFLC but the vanilla GTAIV game was more or less identicle for both systems, whereas Skyrim for the PS3 was a buggy mess.

Please don't flame on PS3. They're both good consoles.

First of all, if you're replying to an OP, there's no need to quote them.

Secondly, nobody is flaming PS3, this guy is just explaining why it won't be PS3 exclusive. suicidal.gif

G1T

Sneakerhead.

Gotta disagree. Just look at GTAVCS, LCS and RDR. dozingoff.gifdozingoff.gifdozingoff.gif

I thought that RDR was released on XBOX360? whatsthat.gif

It was; he's making sh*t up.

G1T

It was; he's making sh*t up.

The point he's trying to make is that those games were sub-par for PS2/PS3. I only own RDR out of those 3 and yes it isnt as good as the 360 version but its just a case of a bad port.

Official General

Obviously it is not, you idiot. You don't have to listen to everyone's rabble on here, people are always gonna post up some nonsense and bullsh*t. And you are more the fool for taking it so literally.

GTA V will be on both the PS3 and 360 so no need to sh*t your pants alright ?

If you PS3 owners would like to see games better optimized for your console, you should put some pressure on Sony so they choose to use hardware that's more dev friendly. That's the only reason certain developers have problems with it.

Bohan Bomber

Cool story bro. I mean captain obvious.

I'd be a horrible magician cause Ill f*ck a trick up

Whoa nelly, tell Angelina Jolie I'm ready

With petroleum jelly to smear it all over me belly

Snake Without a Tongue
This thread is as pointless as this comment

Indeed, but this one more so.

Yay, let's start a flame war devil.gif

Despite Rockstar games looking, performing and having exclusive (timed) DLC on Microsoft's console, the fanboys still think Rockstar favours Sony and "owes" them one.

But I find the fanboys around here don't get on well with logic or reason OP, so your effort was probably in vein, let them believe it'll be a PS3 exclusive because it's funnier when they find out it's officially not.

Some of you are forgetting there actually are some idiots who still believe this.

G1T

Vice Beach
Wow thank you for this informative wall of text, the three PS3 fan trolls who claimed an exclusive PS3 release of GTA 5 sure had me completely convinced. Thank you for your expert analysis on the subject. Without you, no one would seen the light. You have completely shut the theory down that most of us believed.

BUT KEVIN BUTLER SAID SO AND MULTIPLE DISCS ARE WORSE THAN CANCER! wink.gif

So many idiots here are obsessed with the idea of console exclusitivity.

You know what, I support this thread because it is a constant respawning topic that always leads to a certain individual members coming in to pour petrols on the inevitable flames.

I'd rather see a thread on addressing constant problems on this thread than one about f*cking caves or their wish to have functioning mail boxes. Now that is truely dead small talk.

At least the SF & LV nutjobs have faded away.

EscoLehGo
Some of you are forgetting there actually are some idiots who still believe this.

Exactly, don't flame the OP for "stating the obvious" because this really isn't obvious to a lot of people believe it or not.

Sunrise Driver

It's PC and Wii U exclusive. May come for PS Vita though.

I hope I made it clear. smile.gif

Triple Vacuum Seal

lol.gif No sh*t it's not an exclusive. The fact that people think this is a legitimate possibility is idiotic. The difference between PS2 and Xbox was one thing; but with Xbox 360 and PS3, the performance gap is even narrower. There is not an ounce in logic in the argument for PS3 exclusivity for GTAV. Unless R* likes loosing lots of money.

This was a rumor solely fueled by PS3 fanboys in order to assert some sort of console superiority. NOT BY FACT.

Sneakerhead.

Noooope.avi

Triple Vacuum Seal

Noooope.avi

Ignore him. He's the biggest console war troll on this forum.

He's not serious.