SAMP in Facebook?

Dr. John

I am getting frequent request from my friends. Does anyone knows what language is used? Is it legitimate? Only Facebook users can see it.

http://apps.facebook.com/sanandreasmp/

EDIT: Please, read the replies to this post before you attempt to use this link. You've been Warned. Li'l Weasel

Edited by lil weasel

I saw it, but I don't want to open it because I might get hacked

lil weasel

Kasperski Security on my Systems Won't open the link.

user posted image

Can you translate it?

lil weasel

BING translator:

San Andreas Multi-layer. Welcome to our server online in Grand Theft auto San Andreas for play click on start and eilge friends lus that you want to play

GOOGLE translator:

San Andreas Multi-player. Welcome to our server online in Grand Theft auto San Andreas for empazar to play click on start and eilge friends lus that you want to play

BABEL translator:

San Andreas Multi-player. Welcome to our server online in Grand Theft auto San Andreas for empazar to play click on start and eilge friends lus that you want to play

So, I need to invite my friends and then I can play online?!

lil weasel

It is Multi-Player, so you would need others.

It is Multi-Player, so you would need others.

It is sending request to every friend. I am scared my family members won't this. nervous.gif

lil weasel

I did warn you that my Security program wouldn't allow me to open the page.

You may have a virus that mined your address book.

I don't know for sure.

Radoonhagaydoon

I'm not risking this because I don't need bot viruses in my facebook because I have real life people on there I know IRL

jakjawagon

I did warn you that my Security program wouldn't allow me to open the page.

nuttybutty

It says:

Welcome to a new server of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, to start playing click "Comenzar" (sort of like Commence which means start) choose your friends with whom you want to play.

Radoonhagaydoon
It says:

Welcome to a new server of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, to start playing click "Comenzar" (sort of like Commence which means start) choose your friends with whom you want to play.

I don't think this is legit cause why would they say "Welcome to a new server of grand theft auto san andreas...STOP"

It's Sa-mp a unofficial MP mod of GTA Sa not the actual game

They have translated into English and it looks legitimate.

lil weasel

Well then... report back after you've played it. Be sure to include all the gory details. Especially if you get a virus.

Radoonhagaydoon

Waiting until Dr. John confirms it. Because I don't think you can play SA-MP without a San Andreas disc tbh

It's just a video, it's a viral app to redirect people to a RP server.

Radoonhagaydoon
It's just a video, it's a viral app to redirect people to a RP server.

So it's a advertisement then icon13.gif

/thread

callum12341

It's just advertising yeh, but it seems like a pretty good way to revive a game with a dwindling playerbase. However they do need to make it more clear that's the reason...and translate it into english.

Radoonhagaydoon
It's just advertising yeh, but it seems like a pretty good way to revive a game with a dwindling playerbase. However they do need to make it more clear that's the reason...and translate it into english.

I would play it again, its just Im bored of it + my DVD drive is broken wont open but I still use the PC - and it's hard to find the game legally besides ordering online or pirating it (which i wont)

Maybe it's just an application that only request people. I can't play it even I've confirmed the requests

Don't know about you guys but mine was in English.

They forced me to send a request of the game to each and everyone of my friends to proceed to the next step.

After that, they took me too some random website about JB HI FI, so just like what others said in here it's just a advertisement.

Radoonhagaydoon

if it's just a advertisement

why dont they just advertise on their own facebook page

why make a app?

Because that is all Facebook does is advertise to get your info. I really do not understand why so many people use those apps on facebook. It is just data mining.

Sorry for sounding like an ass, I just do not understand the appeal of Facebook anymore. Everything is now an app that copies your info to their servers.