Motorbike Handling

macorules94

macorules94

GTA IV completely put me off riding motorbikes. It became a chore because the handling was pretty retarded and the bikes just drift a lot especially when you turn. GTA San Andreas had perfect handling of motorbikes, I seriously hope they completely fix up the handling, so motorbike riding can become enjoyable again! I also hated how when you accelerate, the engine just revs but the bike doesn't accelerate and doesn't even appear to change gears.

HydraulicWaRiOr
GTA IV completely put me off riding motorbikes. It became a chore because the handling was pretty retarded and the bikes just drift a lot especially when you turn. GTA San Andreas had perfect handling of motorbikes, I seriously hope they completely fix up the handling, so motorbike riding can become enjoyable again! I also hated how when you accelerate, the engine just revs but the bike doesn't accelerate and doesn't even appear to change gears.

I agree. Motorbikes were my favorite vehicles in IV, but the handling severely dissapointed me. My average of staying on was at most 5 minutes without being flung dozens of feet or just generally falling off of the bike.

[supreme]

Your trying to drive it unrealistically.

For the bikes you have to be at the correct speed and don't accelerate around corners, you try that in real life you'd be dead.

Get used to driving them realisticly and you'll be fine.

I love going into freeroam and taking people on bike tours of the city. Normally though, with an audience i feel under pressure and end up crashing big time.

Edited by Chukkles

HydraulicWaRiOr

Your trying to drive it unrealistically.

For the bikes you have to be at the correct speed and don't accelerate around corners, you try that in real life you'd be dead.

Get used to driving them realisticly and you'll be fine.

Regular bikes are for transportation. GTA IV is a game. Riding bikes was supposed to be a fun-inspired option of transportation. Now how the hell am I supposed to have fun when I get flung off so often? sly.gif

Realism isn't always fun, just look at CoD. They take away one of the best parts of Multiplayer everytime. I think Realism should be taken less seriously in V, for the sake of the perks of something that is meant to be inspired by the victim's buyer's entertainment, rather than something that happens in reality.

[supreme]

I think it all boils down to the arcade feeling of all vehicles in SA compared to the more realistic feel of all vehicles in IV. I will say this though - as someone who has been riding motorcycles on the street for almost 25yrs now, the handling isn't really that realistic. My wife (who has been riding with me all of my years) cringes when she watches me play TLaTD and my bike is flying all over the place.

I did prefer the handling of the bikes in SA over IV though.

I'm willing to bet that R* has tuned all of the vehicles to be somewhere in between the arcade feel of SA and the realistic feel of IV. Enough people were bitching about IVs vehicle handling.

Pilotmonkey

Yeah... Its way to easy to Hit something by just a thread... It annoying especially when your on a chase by thread i mean a hair

Edited by Pilotmonkey

MrcTOtheJ

TLAD fixed the “floatyness” of GTAIV’s bikes, I also think TBoGT took it a step further, and further improved how they handled, and by then they where quite fun to use. Hell in TLAD I used nothing but a bike not only because of the biker theme to the game, but the fact that they where just fun then.

Though in IV, the PCJ-600 especially just glided around the corners like I was on ice most of the time, and I breaked around every corner too, but it always found away to float, I learned to deal with it but it would just be nice if GTAV went with the TLAD/TBoGT improvements to bikes, and I’ll be happy. Though like trip aid TLAD was still far from perfect.

Yeah,the motorbikes in IV would basically just slide around the corner and it really bugged me with the breaks. Especially on that mission "I need your boots, jacket and your motorbike" I believe it was called. It took me a lot of attempts to beat the mission because of the handling on the motorbikes I would hit this certain object on the road with a small bump and I'd fly off. I love motorbikes in GTA hopefully it'll improve in V.

Yeah,the motorbikes in IV would basically just slide around the corner and it really bugged me with the breaks. Especially on that mission "I need your boots, jacket and your motorbike" I believe it was called. It took me a lot of attempts to beat the mission because of the handling on the motorbikes I would hit this certain object on the road with a small bump and I'd fly off. I love motorbikes in GTA hopefully it'll improve in V.

In that mission I would always abandon my bike and get a car colgate.gif

Los Santos Pedestrian

Vice City's motorcycles, in my opinion, were even worse than IV's. To me, they had good steering but just seemed out of control overall. The PCJ-600 was obnoxiously fast, and the speed made you fall off due to hitting a car before you could react. Plus, once you fell off the bike, you were launched 50 feet in the air and lost half your hard-earned armor.

San Andreas' bikes had FAR more control. They had the perfect balance between reasonable speed and good handling. Even though they weren't as fast as in VC, they were still acceptable and mostly realistic; though a top speed of 75 MPH on the NRG-900 isn't so fast.

IV's was pretty crazy though. The bikes fishtailed like mad, and it didn't really make sense. Though they still had more reasonable speed than Vice City. Even though the latter is better than VC, I'll still diss it for the fishtail effect, which I'm sure never happens at all on bikes, ever.

SocalsZHP

If they keep it like it was in TLAD I'll be happy but IV was horrible as far as bike handling.

Dragonjack

It was fun in GTAIV but what it really needs? some changes. bored.gif

user posted image

vijay.genius1

I use both the normal brakes and the handbrakes too.Believe me it works.

and I breaked around every corner too,

Thats the other thing, you brake before you get to the corner, not around it, another "you'd be dead IRL situation".

Brake on a straight to the correct speed and go round the damn corner and accelerate out of the corner..

The bikes are fine and fun with a little knowledge on how to use them.

This isn't the 3D era anymore, going around corners even at 50 MPH in a car is going to get messy.

MrcTOtheJ

Thats the other thing, you brake before you get to the corner, not around it, another "you'd be dead IRL situation".

Brake on a straight to the correct speed and go round the damn corner and accelerate out of the corner..

This isn't the 3D era anymore, going around corners even at 50 MPH in a car is going to get messy.

I know, I usually break before, corners, useually I do it arround them to stop slideing, usually cause I'm trying to correct from going to fast into it. I can use them well enough, personaly I'd like it if you'd fall off insdead of doing the slideing arround the corner thing you end up doing.

Overall I loved the Physics of the IV era, I just feel the bikes need some tweaks, not a complete over haul to III era physics like other people have been asking for.

I know, I usually break before, corners, useually I do it arround them to stop slideing, usually cause I'm trying to correct from going to fast into it. I can use them well enough, personaly I'd like it if you'd fall off insdead of doing the slideing arround the corner thing you end up doing.

Overall I loved the Physics of the IV era, I just feel the bikes need some tweaks, not a complete over haul to III era physics like other people have been asking for.

Yeah, some tweaks would be good, but you get all these folks complaining about how bad they are at riding them and blame the game.

It's not the games fault.

MrcTOtheJ

Yeah I admit, allot of the screwing up I've done in cars or bikes was my fault, which is why I love the new physics, that and once I got used to them, I could do such more in cars than in the III era, due to the fact they had weight to them. tounge.gif

The only thing I blame the game for (and this was partially my fault) was the time where I was going top speed on my Hakuchou Custom in TLAD, and I looked back , when there was no traffic in front of me, lone behold I slam into a taxi, that wasn't even there just ten seconds ago LOL.

But bikes where improved to what I liked in TLAD, but I'd like them to add where if you speed to much into a corrner and start slideing at near on 90 degree angles that you'd just fall and skid on the pavement insdead of drifting into a wall, takeing no damage, and keep going like it was nothing.

The only thing I blame the game for (and this was partially my fault) was the time where I was going top speed on my Hakuchou Custom in TLAD, and I looked back , when there was no traffic in front of me, lone behold I slam into a taxi, that wasn't even there just ten seconds ago LOL.

That you can blame on the game, but it has nothing to do with the handleing, so fair play.

But bikes where improved to what I liked in TLAD, but I'd like them to add where if you speed to much into a corrner and start slideing at near on 90 degree angles that you'd just fall and skid on the pavement insdead of drifting into a wall, takeing no damage, and keep going like it was nothing.

I actually expected something like this to happen if I leaned too much going too slow in IV, I can bet it would get complaints though, "Bike are unridable because I keep falling off" lmao, it would only make people have to drive to an even stricter level.

I would love it though.

MrcTOtheJ

Yeah I'd love it, but they'd have to make it so it only happened at high speed, or else everyone will complain like you said. Realism in physics is the best place for realism IMO.

Yeah I'd love it, but they'd have to make it so it only happened at high speed, or else everyone will complain like you said. Realism in physics is the best place for realism IMO.

Yes, why can't more see that.

Everyone wants all the skill without actually having the skills.

If everything is so easy to pull off without any thought process, then really whats the point.

Physics engines are coming along really well though, especailly RAGE.

I recently played the demo for DIRT SHOWDOWN, the physics in that really let it down, they gave it a more arcady feel and it's just doesn't work.

ShotGunRain

I hope so, couldn't even do a decent backflip without the motorcycle going sideways confused.gif

VercettiCrimeFamily

I think the handing on a bike in GTAIV is good, I'm pretty skilled on riding bikes on GTAIV it's a matter of getting used to the handling of the bike, once you have mastered that I find the bike handling is fine.

inflamedeyeball
I think the handing on a bike in GTAIV is good, I'm pretty skilled on riding bikes on GTAIV it's a matter of getting used to the handling of the bike, once you have mastered that I find the bike handling is fine.

'You just have to get used to it' is a bad argument.

Like a Dutch comedian once said; if you jam a stick in your anus every day, you will eventually get used to it, but that's not a good reason to do it.

There is certainly room for improvement for the handling of bikes in this new generation of GTA, and every other vehicle as well, in my opinion.

Colonel Dre

I never had a problem with one unless I was playing as Niko..... I mean he would hit a pebble and go flying off. But over time I got better

So instead of complaining, drive them more and get better

Shade04rek

Anyone familiar with bike handling in MCLA? It was very addicting, with a learning curve though. These bikes were top notch though, any normal gta bike wouldnt go as fast.

Sneakerhead.
I never had a problem with one unless I was playing as Niko..... I mean he would hit a pebble and go flying off. But over time I got better

So instead of complaining, drive them more and get better

This.

In my opinion, you guys don't know how to drive the motorbikes. whatsthat.gif

I think the handling on a bike in GTAIV is good, I'm pretty skilled on riding bikes on GTAIV it's a matter of getting used to the handling of the bike, once you have mastered that I find the bike handling is fine.

^^, Same goes for every car as well.

Ciccibrillo

The motorbikes handling in gta iv SUCKS! It's impossible do a long ride without falling off!

The motorbikes handling in gta iv SUCKS!  It's impossible do a long ride without falling off!

I win online motorcycle races with a Zombie without falling off once. Problem?

I never could figure out how to do flips in SA though... Not in IV either.