Max Paine 3 gore...

inflamedeyeball

inflamedeyeball

I just read this article over at igtav called Hands On With Max Payne 3.

The thing that caught my eye was this: "In my opinion the biggest stand out feature in the game is the gore. Whenever you shoot people, wherever you shoot them, you'll see holes rip into their flesh and blood fly everywhere.".

This is a big leap from the gore in RDR, which itself was a big leap from how gore was handled in IV.

Do you think this wil also be implemented in V?

(link to article: http://www.igta5.com/hands-on-with-max-payne-3 )

(edit: Seems like I've spelled 'Payne' wrong again. Ah, well. tounge.gif )

Edited by inflamedeyeball

Dragonjack

I don't know if anyone remember But in GTAIV it was supposed Have that sort Of Gore in the game, but then it got removed.

user posted image

EscoLehGo

RDR was just the beginning, hopefully we can crater out people's faces this go around. If you watch the newest multiplayer MP3 vids carefully you can see a lot more flesh being ripped away than in RDR, like parts of people's faces were flapping off

Max Payne 3 has a more violent context, so the gore will be more present in MP3 than in GTA V.

I'd be satisfied if they used the same system that they used in RDR.

As much as I'd love to see it, I don't think we'll see that level of blood & gore in GTA V. The grand theft auto series is a high profile game, there are people out there itching to rip Rockstar games and GTA apart.

GrandMaster Smith
As much as I'd love to see it, I don't think we'll see that level of blood & gore in GTA V. The grand theft auto series is a high profile game, there are people out there itching to rip Rockstar games and GTA apart.

Who cares..?

Lol give the gamers what we want, not lower yourself to what the nay-sayers want.

If I was R* I'd just say 'f*ck off, this is OUR game and WE made it, we can do anything we please.'

Censorship is one of the stupidest things humans have ever came up with.. If someone doesn't like it, don't play or watch it. If you don't want your kids playing violent games, learn to control your f*ckin kids.. lol

HydraulicWaRiOr

That was disappointing. I read "Max Payne Gone".

But anyway, I think the RDR gore was fine. I don't think an open-world game would support something Max Payne 3-ish in terms of detailed gore.

[supreme]

EscoLehGo

Who cares..?

Lol give the gamers what we want, not lower yourself to what the nay-sayers want.

If I was R* I'd just say 'f*ck off, this is OUR game and WE made it, we can do anything we please.'

Censorship is one of the stupidest things humans have ever came up with.. If someone doesn't like it, don't play or watch it. If you don't want your kids playing violent games, learn to control your f*ckin kids.. lol

True, modern Americans have a problem with personal responsibility and like to point at things like GTA for their kids turning out like sh*t when they're really just the product of terrible parenting.

Jeeebuuus

The reason GTA V won't have the level of realism and attention of detail that MP3 will have starts with the open-world and linear difference. Because MP3 has a "smaller" world it can make up for it with fantastic realism of the characters and surroundings. This doesn't make one game better than the other, it simply means they can focus on what makes both games unique. MP3 with its realism, GTA V with its openness. Won't have the same gore.

I don't think that's an issue anymore. It's more about the different worlds of Max Payne and GTA. GTA has an intentional unreality and silliness about it. Gore could be added but the tone has to stay a little ridiculous, like in Paul Verhoeven or Brian de Palma films of the 80s and 90s.

The #1 reason I'm interested in Max Payne is the awesome gore, and the possibility that said gore will end up in GTA V.

ThEtRuThSANANDREAS69

R* loves to push boundaries in ways like this. I think it will be even gorier than MP3

The Gore in Max Payne 3 seems kind of sh*tty, honestly. I mean, its just a munch of blood that spurts everywhere.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

the headshots in Max Payne 3 look awesome biggrin.gif

user posted image

That looks pretty cool.

Hopefully the gore for GTA V is like Max Payne 3 and the gore should be bigger when it splat's to a wall depending on what gun you are using, in my opinion.

UncleVlad

I made a screenshot of a scene of the Design and Technology series video.

user posted image

Is that his f*cking jaw, which is hanging?

Edited by UncleVlad

Max Payne is hyper-realistic to the point of being almost unreal, because things look really different in slow motion.

GTA doesn't do the slow motion, and it's a much larger game, so detail has to be lowered.

If Grand Theft Auto V has a Red Dead Redemption style of gore, it would be awesome. Let Max Payne have the more gory style, because it fits perfectly.

10 DAYS TO GO !!!

Max Payne is hyper-realistic to the point of being almost unreal, because things look really different in slow motion.

GTA doesn't do the slow motion, and it's a much larger game, so detail has to be lowered.

I think you've got a point there. With Max Payne 3 the detail is needed, not so much in GTA. As long as they keep Euphoria, which I think is a given, I'll be happy. I'd like the blood to be a bit more realistic than just having a red mist spurt from the person but it's not going to ruin the game if it's not in. Euphoria really helped GTA stand out and made for hours of fun simply running people over to see them spin, diving out of cars at top speed, all sorts of other brutish activities. I can't wait to throw either my character or an NPC off the top of that mountain in V and watch them tumble down at awesome speeds.

Dudesig.png

Da Perzinga

Yeah, man. For every f*cking person that I'll kill in GTA V there must be a motherf*cking blood sea. tounge.gif

We wait almost seven months for new solid GTA V information. I hope Rockstar brake the silence soon. There are already people which behave like Zee.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Austria.

Vice Beach

It won't be on Max Payne's level, as in GTA you have the opportunity to do it to little old ladies holding grocery bags.

The way I see it is if its a feature that can be transfered easily, doesnt take up much space, and will help the game not hinder it, then why not.

Im not really worred about gore at all. But I think that it could add to the weight of taking a mans life in GTA if it looked more realistic

ShnePmW.jpg?5

Jewstinian
If Grand Theft Auto V has a Red Dead Redemption style of gore, it would be awesome. Let Max Payne have the more gory style, because it fits perfectly.

10 DAYS TO GO !!!

I would count 13 days to go if you're counting off on how MP3 will be released in both US and Europe.

Vice Beach

Hope people aren't expecting GTA V trailers and screens and magazine articles right after MP3 releases. R* will milk every last sale they can out of MP3. And once the sales start fizzling out and R* can't make anymore off it they'll start the marketing for GTA V. Most likely we won't have anything concrete until Summer.

Jewstinian

Hope people aren't expecting GTA V trailers and screens and magazine articles right after MP3 releases. R* will milk every last sale they can out of MP3. And once the sales start fizzling out and R* can't make anymore off it they'll start the marketing for GTA V. Most likely we won't have anything concrete until Summer.

Probably, judging how they 'intended' to post all the DLCs before the game came out.

By the amount shown, it seems like we won't see much until late fall. If that's the case, I'm going to be pissed. suicidal.gif

JoyDivision

it may be fine in a shooting game, but for a game set in a living city they'd probably have to remove or censor it

the headshots in Max Payne 3 look awesome biggrin.gif

user posted image

That's stupid, it looks like there's a giant tarantula on the side of his head.

EscoLehGo

It's an exit wound, do you know how bullets work? Getting shot in the face close range wouldn't leave a nice neat little hole