Replying to Peds?

Pilotmonkey

Pilotmonkey

In sa you can reply negatively or positively.Will you be able to do that in V?

Note: THIS IS NOT A WISH! SO ADMINS DONT LOCK IT

inflamedeyeball

Yes, it was a fun feature and made me feel more like CJ was part of the world.

It was frustrating in IV when some random ped called you a dirty foreigner and you couldn't say anything back.

jackass2009

Want? Yes. Will it? Probably not, or at least it will be like it was in GTA IV, where you could give bums and Saxophonists $10.

I liked that feature. It killed me that niko couldn't respond to pedestrians, because He would be great at putting people in their place

Keep the faith in Christ. Never let video games get in the way of that.

interpolfan11

I really hope this feature comes back. It gave SA a great sense of immersion. icon14.gif

SadisticOtters

I don't see why not, it's pretty much optional. You don't necessarily have to use it.

oblivionskate

It'll be back I think based on the trailer R* took notes from what we wanted. we will see

Jewstinian

I hope so. I didn't like how in RDR, though you only said "Howdy" or "Hola" depending on who you're talking to. It'd be pretty funny when you're walking down the street and a man insults you for having bad clothing, and in response you give him the middle finger or something.

JoyDivision
It was a nice feature. Wouldn't be too hard to code in, either.

yeah, shouldn't be hard to script and record thousands of pieces of dialogue and match it to individual peds then code it into the game.

Ye I'd like to see this included in the game. Adds a little more realism.

Interacting with peds should just be a natural part of the game.

yeah, shouldn't be hard to script and record thousands of pieces of dialogue and match it to individual peds then code it into the game.

Thought the same. That could replace the work of a whole GTA if there are several options you can answer and different interactions the peds would do after a dialogue.

That s impossible as yet. So we have to wait several years until this feature could be done. It d be really great - no doubt.

It was frustrating in IV when some random ped called you a dirty foreigner and you couldn't say anything back.

If they say anything to me i normally just put a bullet in there head seems to do the job.

In sa you can reply negatively or positively.Will you be able to do that in V?

Note: THIS IS NOT A WISH! SO ADMINS DONT LOCK IT

I think it was AWSUM!!!

Even though I rarely used it, I forgot to answer everytime anybody said anything to me biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Pilotmonkey

devil.gif We should be able to finger angry drivers behind us colgate.gif

DeafMetal

I highly doubt you have any coding experience ^^ The dialogue they have to do anyway, and it's not part of coding. It's just a matter of grouping the dialogue options into positive and negative, then randomizing an audio file to be used when a button is pressed.

Psychotic Mind

And how would we know the answer to this when we don't even know the release date?... Anyway, i'd like to see it return actually. I'll get them into the back of my van and show them the meaning of ped.

JoyDivision

I highly doubt you have any coding experience ^^ The dialogue they have to do anyway, and it's not part of coding. It's just a matter of grouping the dialogue options into positive and negative, then randomizing an audio file to be used when a button is pressed.

niko rarely replied to peds and only in one way. what you're proposing would require voice actors to record numerous extra positive and negative responses to dialogue so its not as easy as just coding pre-existing dialogue in a certain way

DeafMetal

niko rarely replied to peds and only in one way. what you're proposing would require voice actors to record numerous extra positive and negative responses to dialogue so its not as easy as just coding pre-existing dialogue in a certain way

It really would not be as hard as you make it out to be. They already have to record thousands of dialogue snips (roam around the city in GTA IV, you'll know what I mean). But like I said, that's not part of the coding, which could literately take just a few hours with one or two experienced coders. It's just "if pedestrian compliments/insults": "press left trigger - randomize negative audio file" or "press right trigger - randomize positive audio file".

CoSm1c gAm3r

I agree on that. I wanted to reply instead of punching them because they insulted me. I like immersion in games.

Pilotmonkey
And how would we know the answer to this when we don't even know the release date?... Anyway, i'd like to see it return actually. I'll get them into the back of my van and show them the meaning of ped.

XD devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifcool.gif

It was a neat feature and I enjoyed it. I remember a dealer even started shooting at me when I replied negatively to him. It makes the world feel alive and I would love to see it return. However I managed the other GTA games without it, it's not needed, it's just something I'd want.

Death2Drugs

I agree on that. I wanted to reply instead of punching them because they insulted me. I like immersion in games.

This. I would love to insult peds. Saints Row has this, I don't see why not V.

If they can come up with a good, interesting variety of responses. I don't see the point of it if there are about 5 things you can say and it becomes stale quickly.

Have Mercy

Saints row also has a lot of sh*t they believe is fun. Please don't compare GTA with saints row.

On topic, this would be neat. When somebody yells out my mother is my sister, I'll have a smart reply!

HydraulicWaRiOr

Saints row also has a lot of sh*t they believe is fun. Please don't compare GTA with saints row.

On topic, this would be neat. When somebody yells out my mother is my sister, I'll have a smart reply!

Saints Row has a lot of sh*t that is fun. Maybe if you took your time to play it....

[supreme]

Edited by HydraulicWaRiOr

Yes, it'll return most probably.

"...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo da Vinci

Red Dead had something like it (it was just greeting people wasn't it?) I wouldn't mind seeing it come back. Include it in multiplayer as well. I loved telling people to f*ck off on Gta Iv happy.gif