anybody planning on beating up peds?

gsbadreligion

gsbadreligion

is anybody else planning on beating up pedestrians on occasion rather than just shooting them or stabbing them 24/7? it is much more enjoyable and much more challenging, especially when there are more than 1 person or you managed to get 2 of the guys into a fight by one hitting the other. its always fun to see when you encouter a truly good fighter ai. i actually beat the tbogt cage fighting thing without getting touched and w/o stealing any weapons either. but on a rare occasion i would encouter a pedestrian that would beat/almost beat me alone. a for those still playing iv(me included); fight people at the heliport place if you lock on everybody will automatically fight you, fire fighters are always fun, invite friends to the strip club and beat up bouncers, on and play with the explosive punches cheat it is awesome to kick people into the air.

Los Santos Pedestrian

Uh, is this English?

Surely everyone does this already no? mercie_blink.gif

Dominik1411

Uh, is this English?

If u didn't notice allready: not every one in this forum can speak or write english perfectly.... I think u can understand what hes saying so whats ur problem?!

Radoonhagaydoon
Uh, is this English?

OP would own your Pedestrian Ass

EscoLehGo

I plan on causing bodily harm to all pedestrians in a wide range of different violent methods

saintsrow

Occasionally one of the ho's will put up a good fistfight colgate.gif

If you engage one of them on the street corner, usually a few other peds will join in to try to pummel you. It's good to see that chivalry is not dead smile.gif

I'm confused to what this thread means or where the OP is actually going with it?

inflamedeyeball
I'm confused to what this thread means or where the OP is actually going with it?

The OP is talking about how he loves to beat up npc's in IV. That's it.

saintsrow

The OP is talking about how he loves to beat up npc's in IV. That's it.

And he's saying that it would be nice to have a range of NPC fistfighting capability, including some real ass-kickers:

its always fun to see when you encouter a truly good fighter ai

I agree with the idea of having soem occasionally challenging fighters.

Also, I would like to see a slightly more effective, more well-designed manual fighting capability including some decent kickfighting and martial arts moves, within reason. I mostly just mash buttons when I get in a fistfight.

I know they have blocks and kicks and there is some good design; I just didn't learn how to use it effectively. Also, it seems like it is hard to back up or feint when in a fistfight, which can get you beat up pretty good when a couple of peds are pummeling you.

EscoLehGo

IV actually has a semi complex block, counter and "special move" fighting system it's just never properly introduced for the player to learn. If they had implemented a gym like in SA where we could train and try moves out it would have been different

MrcTOtheJ
IV actually has a semi complex block, counter and "special move" fighting system it's just never properly introduced for the player to learn. If they had implemented a gym like in SA where we could train and try moves out it would have been different

Yeah IV had a pretty good fight system, but it got over looked because like you said it lacked a proper introduction, and no real reason to use it aside for beating up pedestrians.

Which I did for awhile untell TBoGT and then I loved the cage fights because the fighting system actually got implemented.

I hope rockstar expands on it more, maybe some moves we can learn at a gym like San Andreas or something.

Capricornus

Simply put: Yes. Hopefully there will be more peds that fight back as opposed to running away like a bitch.

caprisig.jpg

EscoLehGo
I am looking more forward to beating up pedestrians on sleeping dogs than GTA V, unless GTA V's on foot fighting is really good too.

This game looks promising, kind of turned off that the protagonist is a undercover cop though

MIKON8ERISBACK

Nope. I prefer to go after people who deserve it, such as people who instigate first.

Nope. I prefer to go after people who deserve it, such as people who instigate first.

Same here. I don't start trouble, it seems to find me often enough.

Ima fairly good gangster and It's rare that I kill peds. Me and peds have had an agreement since 02 not to fight each other but sometimes it's unavoidable. On some days when I walk in burger shot those biker peds block my path and out comes my metal bat.

is anybody else planning on beating up pedestrians on occasion rather than just shooting them or stabbing them 24/7? it is much more enjoyable and much more challenging, especially when there are more than 1 person or you managed to get 2 of the guys into a fight by one hitting the other. its always fun to see when you encouter a truly good fighter ai.

user posted image

Only if the hand to hand combat is good. I liked it for a while in GTA IV, but it soon become stale and I felt it was too slow paced if I'm being honest. I hope they give us a new system for hand to hand combat in GTA V.

is anybody else planning on beating up pedestrians on occasion rather than just shooting them or stabbing them 24/7? it is much more enjoyable and much more challenging, especially when there are more than 1 person or you managed to get 2 of the guys into a fight by one hitting the other. its always fun to see when you encouter a truly good fighter ai.

user posted image

You know, this 9GAG or 4chan or whatever meme didn't fit in there. There was nothing to be sarcastic about.

Bohan Bomber

If there are peds modeled after Max Payne or Dan Houser, then yes. Otherwise ill stick to cars and guns.

I'd be a horrible magician cause Ill f*ck a trick up

Whoa nelly, tell Angelina Jolie I'm ready

With petroleum jelly to smear it all over me belly

Can tell people are getting desperate when threads like this start popping up.

Think people are starting to clutch at straws when it comes to "what can I make a thread about next.."

Psychotic Mind

Yeah, infact I do this fairly often. I find a pretty blonde woman wearing a short skirt walking down the sidewalk, and I just pull up next to her in my van. I just casually get out walk up to her and punch that bitch right in her face, she drops. Then some man comes up like hes gonna be the hero... I knock that f*cker out, then stab or shoot him in the head. Then i finish the woman off get back in the van and drive off. Every once in a blue moon I encounter a npc that beats me up pretty good, but then i just pull out a knife or a gun lol.

Death2Drugs

I hope V has a better fighting system. I'd also like to test the injury physics.