Will the Wii U or PS Vita be a plataform for GTAV?

HugoDuarteGK

HugoDuarteGK

Recently rumors of the Wii U will be a plataform for GTAV reached, would it be true? And PS Vita would have a port of GTAV (Stories) ?

GhostFaze64

No one knows.

#FACT:GTA V is coming out in 2013.

#FACT:Nothing will happen on the 24th of May 2012. (Other than uncontrollable laughter.)

Chill out children, wipe your tears

STR33TDR1FT3R

The answer is in the post - "Rumours"

Rockstar is extremely good with concealing information, so wherever this rumour came from, it was probably someone just thinking of a possibility.

The__Phoenix

the last rumour says that will be a version for dreamcast.

Wii U? Likely PSP vita? Even if they managed to downscale the physics enough to work on the vitas less powerful cpu, memory storage would be a huge constraint.

Death2Drugs

I doubt they would make V for the PS Vita, since it has so little memory storage. However, I could see the Wii U being a platform since it has much more power than the XBOX 360 or the PS3.

dirtycopVCPD

The Wii U? Maybe, I'm sure you could do interesting things with the controller. The Vita, on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. Besides I'd rather R* make an exclusive GTA for the Vita rather than a port.

Erm, the Vita's cards can hold 8GB of Data, an Xbox 360 DVD can hold 8.5GB, it isn't that much of a stretch guys. Also, the Vita has 640MB of RAM, both PS3 and Xbox 360 only have 512MB of RAM. True CPU and GPU power wise it's lower, but space isn't really an issue for the device.

Cole Phelps Gta

the last rumour says that will be a version for dreamcast.

I forgot about dreamcast i didn't know sega made them. Sega mega drive was the first console i owned. Man those where the good old days

Edited by Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER

Erm, the Vita's cards can hold 8GB of Data, an Xbox 360 DVD can hold 8.5GB, it isn't that much of a stretch guys. Also, the Vita has 640MB of RAM, both PS3 and Xbox 360 only have 512MB of RAM. True CPU and GPU power wise it's lower, but space isn't really an issue for the device.

I'm glad I'm not the only one willing to point this out. (You beat me to it though.) And because of the resolution of the screen, you wouldn't need as powerful of a gpu to run it. However, depending on the physics, it still might not be able to be directly ported.

If this is indeed on the Wii U, I would not want to touch it. The large controller is already dumb enough, but try playing a GTA game with it and you have a disaster.

MiamiVice1984

The only way V can make it to the Vita is if R* downgrade the graphics.

Please, Please Please Please PLEASE PLEASE read before posting this over and over and over and over, come on, don't be THAT daft!

Speaking on the PS Vita memory cards, the smallest available are 4 and 8GB, largest is 32

I found the smaller ones used for no more then $20, which is the starting price for the new 4 gig

Finn 7 five 11

I think a Wii U release could be possible, but since a date for that thing hasn't even been announced there is no way of knowing for sure.

As for the PS Vita if they did something similar to what Naughty Dog did with Uncharted it could work.

There's little doubt in my mind, a geared to the PSVita attributes Rockstar title will come about, I think that's the type of kit they get enthused about!!

Well, it is a rumor. Right now we don't know if GTA V will come to Wii U or PS Vita.

PowerKracker

Wii U release is a possibility. The controller isn't much of an issue, it could be used just for things like the map or taking photos perhaps.

Problemses?

Like Wii U and I think PS Vita, the kit maybe impressive Dunno, but the software will have to be there to give the platform of hardware a chance, bottom line

Shreddy Krueger

Who cares. Why would anyone want to play a dumbed-down, graphically inferior GTAV when they can have the full experience on console/PC? PS Vita is an over-priced media player with some gaming capabilities, and the last 3 consoles made by Nintendo have been pure sh*t.

The__Phoenix
Who cares. Why would anyone want to play a dumbed-down, graphically inferior GTAV when they can have the full experience on console/PC? PS Vita is an over-priced media player with some gaming capabilities, and the last 3 consoles made by Nintendo have been pure sh*t.

you will not can play gta v in the bathroom so we need a version for play while you are crapping.

In e3 we will see as gta vice city nights is anounced for ps vita.  wink.gif the game is listed in  game.no (norway) website that is no different than game.uk and all the people know game uk

http://www.game.no/acatalog/Grand_Theft_Au...ts_PSV_PSP.html

That was confirmed to be a hoax.

I knew something like this would be coming. NO ONE in their right mind calls the N64 "sh*t", the Gamecube wasn't really given a chance, and the Wii was one of the best selling consoles of all time. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it "pure sh*t" at all. And besides, Nintendo always likes to surprise. The Wii U will be nothing like the previous consoles, except that it will play Wii games.

As far as the PSVita goes, have you ever played it? The graphics are amazing on it, and it doesn't feel like a portable at all. And quite frankly, all Playstation products are just media players with gaming tacked on. That is exactly what Sony markets them as. That is why they call them Home Entertainment Devices and not Game Consoles. Microsoft does that too with the Xboxs. The only company that doesn't is Nintendo. Their consoles are pure gaming.

Edited by jnzooger

HugoDuarteGK
In e3 we will see as gta vice city nights is anounced for ps vita.  wink.gif the game is listed in  game.no (norway) website that is no different than game.uk and all the people know game uk

http://www.game.no/acatalog/Grand_Theft_Au...ts_PSV_PSP.html

That was confirmed to be a hoax.

I knew something like this would be coming. NO ONE in their right mind calls the N64 "sh*t", the Gamecube wasn't really given a chance, and the Wii was one of the best selling consoles of all time. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it "pure sh*t" at all. And besides, Nintendo always likes to surprise. The Wii U will be nothing like the previous consoles, except that it will play Wii games.

As far as the PSVita goes, have you ever played it? The graphics are amazing on it, and it doesn't feel like a portable at all. And quite frankly, all Playstation products are just media players with gaming tacked on. That is exactly what Sony markets them as. That is why they call them Home Entertainment Devices and not Game Consoles. Microsoft does that too with the Xboxs. The only company that doesn't is Nintendo. Their consoles are pure gaming.

I realy agree biggrin.gif

Wii U is double time power full than current generation consoles.Look at the specs.

Wii U is double time power full than current generation consoles.Look at the specs.

And where did you got that info?

There's nothing that would suggest WiiU beeing twice as powerful than currents, rahter it would seem to be par with PS3 and xBox360.

Mind due, that I have no idea what I'm talking about. Other than some bits of info I've picked up from other conversations. biggrin.gif

John The Grudge

It remains to be seen how powerful the Wii U will be. There are reports of it being less powerful than the XBox 360 and PS3 and reports of it being a bit more powerful.

My guess is that it won't have a GTA V port. Not necessarily for performance reasons though.

The__Phoenix
It remains to be seen how powerful the Wii U will be. There are reports of it being less powerful than the XBox 360 and PS3 and reports of it being a bit more powerful.

My guess is that it won't have a GTA V port. Not necessarily for performance reasons though.

The key for the wiiu succes are the multiplatforms and gta is the total reference in this side. I bet nintendo is working hard trying carrying gta v to wiiu. There a lot of rumours since 2011 speaking about nintendo wanted a strong association with rockstar so I am pretty sure we will see gta v in wii u if the console is capable(I am not sure about that)

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/19/rumor-ni...-2-development/

• 4 weeks later...
GTA36362355

Maybe the second trailer or the release date will be revealed at Nintendo's booth.

They have two good sized booths.

Edited by deepthroatgta6

Gtaghost22

I don't know if PS Vita could run GTA V but i do know it will get a GTA game sooner or later, it's just a matter of time actually, as for the Wii U i think it might get a GTA V port later but it won't release the same time as PS3/X360