GTA IV can't install patch 1.0.7.0

chasernl800

chasernl800

So, I'm having a problem when installing the patch for GTA IV (I have the retail version of the game), whenever I try to install it the installer downloads and installs but then it says: could not finish installation, missing key: (lots of random numbers).

Please help

Thanks

(I'm using Windows 64-bit)

Edited by chasernl800

chasernl800

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?on51nqo8i6xxanx you can use to update manually

Just copy this archive to the game folder, run it and confirm to have all files overwritten.

Ok, so I replaced all the files in my game folder but now it stops responding when i start launchGTAIV.exe as a non-Steam game (launching it with RGSC doesn't work either)

Edited by chasernl800

chasernl800

Here are my specs:

RAM: 3GB

CPU: Pentium Dual-Core E5300 2.60 GHz

Screen: Samsung SyncMaster P2470HD

So I try to run the GFWL installer/updater but it gives the same error: Could not open key: UNKNOWN\Components\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Edited by chasernl800

GPU?

Do you have some antivirus installed? You should switch it off temporarily.

chasernl800

Ok I'll try to turn off my Antivirus and make sure GTA IV is also added in my Firewall, and my GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

chasernl800

Ok, so I did all that and it still stops responding whenever I launch it (it could be GFWL but I don't have that installed and like said before it gives a missing key error, if anyone would upload the folder: Microsoft games for windows live that would be very helpful)

Edited by chasernl800

Great, you may want to analyze a bit what's going on with your system. Use crapcleaner to clean a bit and do a full AV scan.

chasernl800

Ok, so I've managed to install Microsoft Games for Windows Live, but now whenever I start the game it says: Gta IV has stopped working (it is a fresh install).

For any GFWL related issues, you should visit their forums.

If the game works ok for you with xliveless, then there is some sort of a problem with GFWL client itself.

chasernl800

Can you also send me a link to the manual patch for EFLC (the lastest patch)

Thanks.