Why didn't they just confirm the Platforms?

Versous

Why? I mean based on the Trailer it's obvious that it is current gen so they could have at least confirmed that.

What is the reason behind it in your opinion?

They probably figured it was self explanatory based off of the looks, and the fact that no next gen consoles have really been announced what so ever.

Basically R* played the logic card.

That or less logically they have timed exclusivity deals that they don't want to though out there, but I highly doubt that.

ShotGunRain

I don't know. Maybe it's exclusive to WII U. Confirming platforms won't kill Max Payne 3. confused.gif

I think its becouse first they will release it just for PC or for PC and X360/PS3 but with low graphic settings on consoles (I wont belive that current consoles can handle V with medium or high settings) and than they will release it for next generation of consoles when it will come out

Triple Vacuum Seal
Why? I mean based on the Trailer it's obvious that it is current gen so they could have at least confirmed that.

What is the reason behind it in your opinion?

because it's a given

What do you expect? A Grand Theft Auto for Wii U? Or for PS Vita?

It's kinda obvious that it will come to X360, PS3 and PC - after some months, I think.

I think its becouse first they will release it just for PC or for PC and X360/PS3 but with low graphic settings on consoles (I wont belive that current consoles can handle V with medium or high settings) and than they will release it for next generation of consoles when it will come out

Yeah I don't see that happening. While I'm no tech expert by any means, just telling from the trailer, while V looks good, it dosen't look that much better than Red Dead Redemtion. I'm sure that the consols will be pushed to their fullest but I'm sure it will look just fine, and odds are it will come out at the same time as, if not before like with IV, the PC release.

Yeah I don't see that happening. While I'm no tech expert by any means, just telling from the trailer, while V looks good, it dosen't look that much better than Red Dead Redemtion. I'm sure that the consols will be pushed to their fullest but I'm sure it will look just fine, and odds are it will come out at the same time as, if not before like with IV, the PC release.

I think IV was at all medium settings. While IV looked like total sh*t, the graphics/AI improved a bit in TBGOT. It's all about optimization. They've worked with RAGE enough to show better looking games while maintaining 30 FPS. No way they could have pulled off SA graphics in 1999-2001 while making GTA III.

I think IV was at all medium settings. While IV looked like total sh*t, the graphics/AI improved a bit in TBGOT. It's all about optimization. They've worked with RAGE enough to show better looking games while maintaining 30 FPS. No way they could have pulled off SA graphics in 1999-2001 while making GTA III.

Yeah, I thought IV looked good at first, still think it looks decent my self, TBoGT was a welcome improvement. But yeah now that they've worked with RAGE a bit more, it should look allot better, I mean look at RDR, one of the best looking games this gen.

I know V will still look allot better on the PC, but if it looks as if it did on the Trailer for the consols than I'm pretty content.

What do you expect? A Grand Theft Auto for Wii U? Or for PS Vita?

It's kinda obvious that it will come to X360, PS3 and PC - after some months, I think.

Wii U isn't unlikely but when this is the reason for not confirming the Platforms Idk...

Basically, they are leaving it up in the air because they don't want to announce the Wii U games yet. Platform lists will be announced at or around E3, after other Wii U games are spoken of.

Triple Vacuum Seal

releasing it for both consoles...I never even thought of that. Best believe I would buy it on both gens. too if that happened.

When it comes to R*, timed exclusives are never off the table. Maybe this time around Sony wants to get a revenge over EFLC.

Harwood Butch3r
When it comes to R*, timed exclusives are never off the table. Maybe this time around Sony wants to get a revenge over EFLC.

I don't see that happening. EFLC was different because it was announced as a 360 exclusive. It's been almost 6 months since GTA V was announced and people are already pre-ordering including on 360. It'd be a dick move if it turned out to be a timed PS3 exclusive even for a few months. R* would most certainly get struck over the knuckles from angry 360 players.

Timed PS3 DLC I could see as a possibility, but not the full game.

John The Grudge

Sony have made it clear that they wont pay for timed exclusivity. At least that was their position for GTA IV. I can't see MS doing so either. It would have very little impact on console sales at this stage. They'd essentially need to compensate Rockstar (and then some) for loss of potential sales on the other platforms. Nobody could justify that. For the sake of discussion and what not, I'm hoping that nobody has any exclusivity.

It is interesting that no platforms have been announced. My best guess is that they simply haven't confirmed exactly what platforms they'll release the game on (WiiU in particular). It wouldn't make sense to release a half complete list of supported platforms.

If it's coming out early next year I wouldn't rule out next-gen ports.

Edited by John The Grudge

Cosmic Gypsy

its bacause they didnt need to confirm the platforms...

itll be out on PS3, 360 and PC.... (obviously)

Didn't they confirm that it'll be avaliable for PlayStation 3?

No, Rockstar themselves have not confirmed any platforms, but a GTA V page appeared on the UK PlayStation site before being taken down, and the trailer appeared on the Xbox 360 dashboard back in November, so both are pretty much confirmed.

Every time your mom announces its time for dinner, does she every time say you are going to be eating off plates?

biggrin.gif

Because it was a simple reveal trailer, nothing more, nothing less. The trailer was simply showing us our first glimpse of V. There has been many reveal trailers before where the platforms are not specified. Its not some underlying hint that it may be exclusive that some obsessed crackpots on here seem to believe.

I just hope it won't be the same thing like for RDR... IF THAT will happen, R* will loose at least one fan here... but they surely won't do that bullsh*t mistake on GTA... again... like LCS and VCS... icon13.gificon13.gificon13.gif I hope for them.

Because it was a simple reveal trailer, nothing more, nothing less. The trailer was simply showing us our first glimpse of V. There has been many reveal trailers before where the platforms are not specified. Its not some underlying hint that it may be exclusive that some obsessed crackpots on here seem to believe.

But it's obviously (following their record) going to be a xbox+PS3 timed exclusive to the detriment of the PC platform, probably 6 to 10 months. Hence, you fail, sir.

I doubt any other platform is being really considered; that's not to say some other console won't get its version, like the china town wars for NDS.

Sunrise Driver

It'd be a dick move if it turned out to be a timed PS3 exclusive even for a few months. R* would most certainly get struck over the knuckles from angry 360 players.

Why are angry X360 players more important than angry PC gamers? confused.gif

Of 10 GTA V copies, 5 will be sold on PS3, 4 on PC and 1 on X360.

So it's dangerous to alienate PC gamers in 2012. Cause PC games are selling better than X360 games. It's not 2008 anymore.

It's not fanboyism, but analytical conclusion.

Edited by Street Mix

Gtaplayaminigun
I just hope it won't be the same thing like for RDR... IF THAT will happen, R* will loose at least one fan here... but they surely won't do that bullsh*t mistake on GTA...

+1. Anyway that won't probably happen seeing noire and payne.

OT Ps3 and the box are pretty much confirmed from the graphics and the game's potential sales on both.

Sunrise Driver

Yeah dude, they showed the trailer on Xbox live but it'll be Wii U exclusive :l

Game can be simply canceled or delayed for some platform.

I think its becouse first they will release it just for PC

icon14.gif Yes, it's the most possible scenario.

Edited by Street Mix

But it's obviously (following their record) going to be a xbox+PS3 timed exclusive to the detriment of the PC platform, probably 6 to 10 months. Hence, you fail, sir.

I doubt any other platform is being really considered; that's not to say some other console won't get its version, like the china town wars for NDS.

How am I one to fail seeing as your statement is not solid fact? The PC may launch with the consoles this time around. All I said is that there is no indication of platform exclusivity from the offical information we have seen and heard.

All I said is that there is no indication of platform exclusivity from the offical information we have seen and heard.

There are very strong indications, everything up to now fits the profile, the only thing that kind of breaks the balance is the fact MP3 is coming to PC, albeit delayed afaik. By the time of the second trailer all doubt should be removed.