What weaponset do you want for GTA V?

esparado87

What weaponset do you want for GTA V?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What weaponset do you want for GTA V?

• Old GTA weaponset (melee, pistol, trown weapon, smg, shotgun, assult rifle, sniper rifle, rocket/grenade launcher(minigun, flamethrower...)
    • Modern FPS shooter weaponset (melee, pistol, trown weapon, 1 main weapon (smg, shotgun, assult rifle,sniper rifle....), extra equipment (mine, rocket launcher....)
    • Something else...

So what do you guys prefer...?

Tell us what you want if you choose the 3rd option.

I myself, want a weaponstyle with a mix of old GTA style and modern FPS style.

Not as much weapon classes as in old GTA system, but not as few as in modern FPS.

Edited by esparado87

LIVE_SlimSlugga713

RPG was the rare thing you sould get in GTA but mines confused.gif come on bro. No just No.

RPG was the rare thing you sould get in GTA but mines confused.gif come on bro. No just No.

Well, there was satchels in SA who can remind of mine mechanic...

(you drop satchel, you wait your for the cop going over the satchel.....BOOM!!

Oh btw, this pool is not about weapons them self...

The weapons I have listed are just examples.

Edited by esparado87

Why should GTA conform to modern FPS weapon layouts? I see no reason to change from they have used for years.

Axed

Why should GTA conform to modern FPS weapon layouts? I see no reason to change from they have used for years.

People have different opinions?

You know, FPS did have the GTA weaponstyle for a long time until ppl got fedup with this style because it made the character SUPER OP.

Played GTA IV?, there are no more 9999 ammo like it has been before and the character still feel too powerful for many ppl.

I mean, if YOU want the character to be super powerful, ok.

In the end, its all about taste.

Some people want to be super powerful and make the game easy, some people want to have restrictions and have a challenge.

Edited by esparado87

People have different opinions?

You know, FPS did have the GTA weaponstyle for a long time until ppl got fedup with this style because it made the character SUPER OP.

Played GTA IV?, there are no more 9999 ammo like it has been before and the character still feel too powerful for many ppl.

I mean, if YOU want the character to be super powerful, ok.

In the end, its all about taste.

Some people want to be super powerful and make the game easy, some people want to have restrictions and have a challenge.

...Huh?

My point was exactly what Avenged7 said. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Axed

Capricornus

Meh, the weapon set should, and probably will stay the way it has always been. One of the few things in GTA that does NOT need to be changed at all.

caprisig.jpg

Ok, this "don't fix things that is not broken" could also be said about modern fps system.

I already told why fps weapon style should be considered as a style for GTA V (not that I want that particular style in GTA V), could anyone tell me why GTA weapon style is better then modern fps style?

Ok, this "don't fix things that is not broken" could also be said about modern fps system.

I already told why fps weapon style should be considered as a style for GTA V (not that I want that particular style in GTA V), could anyone tell me why GTA weapon style is better then modern fps style?

Because the game would become an absolute pile of sh*t. The weapon system makes or breaks a game.

Realistic weapon slots, only one big gun, either AR, shotgun or smg, only 1 handgun and 1 equiment slot, either grenade, smoke grenade, flashbang or remote C4.

user posted image

Because the game would become an absolute pile of sh*t. The weapon system makes or breaks a game.

And why would it become an absolute pile of sh*t?

If you can't answer properly, save some time and don't bother trying.

Edited by esparado87

Realistic weapon slots, only one big gun, either AR, shotgun or smg, only 1 handgun and 1 equiment slot, either grenade, smoke grenade, flashbang or remote C4.

No melee? smile.gif

And why would become an absolute pile of sh*t?

Lol.

OK let's say it was the modern FPS style -- melee, thrown, pistol, main weapon and extra.

First of all, that is not the modern FPS style. They have 2 weapons (pistol and main weapon) not 3.

Secondly, it would be extremely inconvienient. When you see an enemy at long range, you'll wish you had a sniper rifle, when your in a car chase, you'll wish you had an SMG, etc.....

I honestly fail to see YOUR point of view on this whole situation.

-Why would you want less weapons? It is not OP since your health doesn't regenerate, and it is extremely useful and fun.

-If you really want to challenge yourself, why ruin the fun of the other 98% of GTA fans when you could just...... you know..... LIMIT YOUR WEAPONS!?

And why would become an absolute pile of sh*t?

Lol.

OK let's say it was the modern FPS style -- melee, thrown, pistol, main weapon and extra.

First of all, that is not the modern FPS style. They have 2 weapons (pistol and main weapon) not 3.

Secondly, it would be extremely inconvienient. When you see an enemy at long range, you'll wish you had a sniper rifle, when your in a car chase, you'll wish you had an SMG, etc.....

I honestly fail to see YOUR point of view on this whole situation.

-Why would you want less weapons? It is not OP since your health doesn't regenerate, and it is extremely useful and fun.

-If you really want to challenge yourself, why ruin the fun of the other 98% of GTA fans when you could just...... you know..... LIMIT YOUR WEAPONS!?

Why didn't you say so first?

I just want opinions ( but must of all, good arguments)

Im not talking about health regen???? (but yeah, I think regen is OP, thats why i don't like that)

No melee? smile.gif

Of course, knife is primary tool of defense, machete fo me please devil.gif

user posted image

It certainly is not going toward the modern FPS weaponset. If anything, it is going even beyond the typical GTA formula. Just look at RDR; not only did you have every weapon class in your arsenal, but you could also swap between all weapons you had unlocked in each class. So you were essentially carrying every weapon in the game at all times. I'll guess that GTA V will stick with the same old GTA formula though, and you will be able to carry one weapon from each class. The FPS weaponset model does not work for an open world game where you are urged to experiment and fool around in the world.

It makes no sense to change it. Why? So they can fit in with everyone else? There's no reason for changing it if it's fine the way it is. It's like saying

"Hey man, I got this awesome dirtbike. It's run fine for years."

"You should put spokes in the wheels and replace the seat."

"Why?"

"Because it's what everyone else is doing. You should do it too."

"But why? It works fine the way it is. There's no reason for me to change it."

"B-because."

I don't see any reason to change it other than to conform to what everyone else is doing.

Axed

Old GTA Set is the best. That FPS Weapon set system would kill the fun. This ain't CoD. This is GTA. And if you people nag around that there are thousand of sets, then stop nagging around and just buy a deagle, m4 and one grenade and be satisfied with it.

Well, what about no sets?Like having a ak47 and m4 at same time. I want it like in GTA3... but with much more weapons (at least 75)!

I know, at the end of the game you would have a thousand of weapons. If you don't need one, then just don't use it. Or if R* will include a feature where you can trow away, sell or store your weapons at safehouse, then just do it.

This is a good solution for the weapon spams in the pants bags.